We stayed in this resort for two nights and we really liked it. Our beachside bungalow was spacious, nicely furnished and clean and the bed was very comfortable. On sunday we watched the live music and had the barbecue buffet for dinner (if you choose to take the bbq buffet for dinner which is 300 baht per person, note that you can have only one plate and it is not an all you can eat- we didn't know and ended up a little hungry). It was a nice evening. They also have a happy hour were you can get two drinks for the price of one. Since we stayed up till the music was over, we didn't have any trouble with sleeping. There weren't any nightly noises around our bungalow either. We liked the food at the restaurant very much, too. We tried western food and thai and both was good. Also they served good coffee and the wine was good too. The staff was very nice and attendive. Also the owner, John, was very friendly and supportive. We had originally reserved 4 nights at this resort and had put down a deposit. However we emailed the resort that we couldn't manage to get there in time and arrived 2 nights late. John was very nice and said we only had to pay the two nights we actually stayed at secret garden. There were some bars around the resort but we never heard any noises or music coming from those. Truth be told some parts of the resort could use a little makeover, such as the daybeds on the beach or the cushions at the restaurant. But as I noted they are building a pool this year or next year and then also be doing all the renovating aswell. If you want to go swimming, I would rather recommend going to another beach since the sand on the beach is coarse and the water is pretty murky. Also there are some sharp-edged oyster shells in the sand and you can't see what you are stepping on. Also the pier is right next to the resort. But other than that we really liked the stay at this resort and would recommend it for a short stay at Ko Samui. Going anywere by Taxi or Songatew is around 300 baht p. Person.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Secret Garden Beach Resort is a small boutique resort with 14 accommodations, beachfront restaurant and bar, tropical garden with swimming pool and a large beach area with loungers, umbrella's, restaurant/bar service and Thai massage. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Secret Garden Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secret Garden Beach Hotel Koh Samui
- Secret Garden Beach Resort Ko Samui/Bophut