Me and my boyfriend came to Melati for our annual vacations and we stayed there for 7 nights (6/7/08 - 13/7/08). Both of us come from Greece and we both have very great travelling experience, as my boyfriend is a prominent doctor and we travel at least 10 times a year staying always at 5 stars hotels. So, this is our experience from our staying at Melati. 1. Melati is on the making; it is not finished yet so there is a lot of things to be done still. 2. The private beach is very small, the waters are very shallow and the sea has plenty of seaweed and small rocks. 3. The main swimming pool is very small for a 5* hotel, very shallow (max depth 1.20) and not very well kept. 4. There are only 2 restaurants serving a very limited selection of food and "the Deus ex machina" there is the hotel chef Aurellio who goes to any length to save the day. 5. Housekeeping maintenance is hardly acceptable. 6. The private "pool" in our garden pool villa room was never attented and the water was never checked out. We both totally avoided the use of it. 7. Although it was not the raining season we had heavy showers and thunderstorms 3 days out of 7, so be prepared. 8. There must be found a way to control the mosquitto problem because nothing else we tried could stop the little monsters from sucking your blood and the problem is really a Big One. 9. The location is in my opinion as bad as it can be since it's far from the heart of island's life. A taxi is necessary to take you there and get you back.
On the bright side the staff is excellent, very polite, always smilling, eager to serve and as a matter of fact the did everything to prepare a very nice birthday party for my friend. It's the only thing that makes "the clock ticking".
So, to sum things up: we came here with great expectations for the best vacations of our life as advised by our travel agent whom we held greatly responsible for the dissapointment we have experienced and we ended up wishing to get back home as soon as possible or else " Country road take me home to the place I belong....."
This place has the potential to be a great resort as they wish it to be but a lot of work needs to be done yet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Melati’s 77 Villas & Suites are a minimum of seventy seven square meters of indoor-outdoor living space with more than seventy percent of all accommodation featuring personal swimming pools. The Resort is embraced by an expansive and lush tropical landscape, featuring a magnificent seven level waterfall accented by Melati’s exclusive seven tier service plan making Melati Beach Resort the ideal destination for those seeking indulgent romance and true relaxation. Melati also features not one but two central pool areas. Located beach front is a massive infinity pool known as The See with amazing views of neighboring islands, a swim-up pool bar and adjacent kids club. The See is the perfect place for those young in years or simply young at heart to while away the day in chilled out comfort; a place to be seen and a place to see. And for those seeking peace and quiet the Sanctuary Pool is a sunken oasis of pleasure reserved for adults only.Further accenting the guest experience are two restaurants, pool bar, lounge, full service spa with beauty salon, fitness center, yoga sala, meditation garden, tour & excursion desk and gift shop. Additionally the resort offers daily activities, limited yet complimentary wifi access for those in need, a complimentary Mac Internet Zone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Odigeo, Southall Travel, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Priceline, TravelUp, Travelbag, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Melati Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melati Beach Resort And Spa
- Melati Beach Hotel Bophut
- Melati Beach Resort & Spa Ko Samui/Bophut