I spent four nights at the Melati.
The resort is very nice, with lush grounds that feel like you are surrounded by nature. The beach is small - only about 150 metres wide - but very quiet and peaceful. The ocean water is warm and swimming is great.
The pool near the ocean is very nice and the views from the pool are great. The second "quiet" pool was always empty when I walked by, so it would be a nice place to sit if you want total silence.
The wifi is good everywhere - the rooms, the restaurant, the pool, and the beach.
The food at the beachside restaurant is good and views are great, and the food at the Thai restaurant is absolutely fantastic.
The people who work at the resort are really what makes the place special. Everyone who works there is friendly and sincere. The staff are proud of Thailand and the resort, and they were always happy to help with anything that you needed.
They celebrated Loy Krathong with a big dinner, traditional thai music and dancing, and several members of the staff dressed in beautiful costumes and they held a beauty contest (which is a thai tradition for this holiday celebration). They made incredible krathongs, which are floats made of flowers and food, and we all released them into the pool. We then lit and released sky lanterns from the beach and watched them fly away. It was a lot of fun, especially because we were celebrating with the staff and this was a very important night for them.
I will return to the Melati!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Melati’s 77 Villas & Suites are a minimum of seventy seven square meters of indoor-outdoor living space with more than seventy percent of all accommodation featuring personal swimming pools. The Resort is embraced by an expansive and lush tropical landscape, featuring a magnificent seven level waterfall accented by Melati’s exclusive seven tier service plan making Melati Beach Resort the ideal destination for those seeking indulgent romance and true relaxation. Melati also features not one but two central pool areas. Located beach front is a massive infinity pool known as The See with amazing views of neighboring islands, a swim-up pool bar and adjacent kids club. The See is the perfect place for those young in years or simply young at heart to while away the day in chilled out comfort; a place to be seen and a place to see. And for those seeking peace and quiet the Sanctuary Pool is a sunken oasis of pleasure reserved for adults only.Further accenting the guest experience are two restaurants, pool bar, lounge, full service spa with beauty salon, fitness center, yoga sala, meditation garden, tour & excursion desk and gift shop. Additionally the resort offers daily activities, limited yet complimentary wifi access for those in need, a complimentary Mac Internet Zone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Holiday Gems, TravelUp, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelbag, Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Melati Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melati Beach Hotel Bophut
- Melati Beach Resort And Spa
- Melati Beach Resort & Spa Ko Samui/Bophut