The Melati Hotel has a beautiful location on a lovely uncrowded beach. It is set in delightful gardens and the staff are courteous and friendly. The food although limited is delicious and of an extremely high quality. The resort is very quiet and relaxing indeed.
when we arrived after an 8 hour transfer (including airport time) from Bangkok , hotel reception which was well manned was fairly disinterested in us having assumed we were part of another party. It then transpired that our booking was incorrect and instead of 2 interconnecting rooms for us and our 10 and 8 year old we had one (too small) room. The other party was having the same problem as their booking was a cock up as well. Again the hotel wasn't that interested or helpful. We finally got to the small room and waited over an hour for our bags to arrive so couldn"t go down to the pool or do anything. We felt very neglected and a bit sad.
When we got to the beach, pool area it was filthy and in chaos. It was Thai New Year and very busy. clearly the staff were a bit overwhelmed. We were recommended the buffet (restaurant was closed ) and as we had been travelling all day and were exhausted we couldn't face leaving the resort. We were told the cost was two adults and children half price. We made the best of our stay and Kuoni refunded half our accommodation cost so we did not end up out of pocket but would have preferred not to share with our children much as we love them. At the end of the stay it transpired we had been charged for four adults at the buffet ( total £120+). My husband tried to raise the matter but again disinterest - I had signed the bill ( in the pitch dark after a trying start to our stay) and it was tough as far as the manager was concerned. It left a slightly bitter taste to a pleasant stay.
The resort is a distance away from the action which was fine with us but others struggled with it. Probably not a place to stay with teenagers for any length of time unless they just like the beach/pool. We had a great trip to the National Marine Park by speedboat and spent a happy time snorkelling.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Melati’s 77 Villas & Suites are a minimum of seventy seven square meters of indoor-outdoor living space with more than seventy percent of all accommodation featuring personal swimming pools. The Resort is embraced by an expansive and lush tropical landscape, featuring a magnificent seven level waterfall accented by Melati’s exclusive seven tier service plan making Melati Beach Resort the ideal destination for those seeking indulgent romance and true relaxation. Melati also features not one but two central pool areas. Located beach front is a massive infinity pool known as The See with amazing views of neighboring islands, a swim-up pool bar and adjacent kids club. The See is the perfect place for those young in years or simply young at heart to while away the day in chilled out comfort; a place to be seen and a place to see. And for those seeking peace and quiet the Sanctuary Pool is a sunken oasis of pleasure reserved for adults only.Further accenting the guest experience are two restaurants, pool bar, lounge, full service spa with beauty salon, fitness center, yoga sala, meditation garden, tour & excursion desk and gift shop. Additionally the resort offers daily activities, limited yet complimentary wifi access for those in need, a complimentary Mac Internet Zone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Splitty, TravelUp, Holiday Gems, Travel Republic (UK), Travelbag, Southall Travel, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Melati Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melati Beach Hotel Bophut
- Melati Beach Resort And Spa
- Melati Beach Resort & Spa Ko Samui/Bophut