“Amazing scenery, food and most of all the staff!”

Ranked #20 of 187 Hotels in Bophut
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Amazing scenery, food and most of all the staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

My husband and I came here for our honeymoon for a two week stay April- May. Having never been to Thailand before we were not too sure what too expect.
When we first arrived we were greeted with cold towels, cold water and a flower bracelet for myself, It was such a lovely touch to feel so welcomed and we thought it couldn't get any better from there. The resort itself is AMAZING! Incredible views from almost every point and the beach is immaculately kept, just like everywhere else in the hotel. The rooms are spacious with everything you could possibly need!...UK plug socket, your own beach bag to use the whole stay, flip flops if you don't have your own pair, they really think of everything just to make your stay as easy as it can be. Housekeeping came whenever you wanted and even when we didn't they always called the room to see did we need anything at all. The cleanliness of the resort is a credit to them as there was never one thing out of place. I have never trusted staff in a hotel as much before with my belongings about because I knew everything would be safe.
The resort has two restaurants, which we ate in regularly, and neither disappointed, not once! A big selection on the menu for all types of dishes including european and thai, all freshly cooked to perfection, as well as the breakfasts which were delicious!
Last but certainly not least, the staff were beyond amazing in the whole resort! From Laura, Mai and the girls at reception that could not have done enough for you. Nothing was a task to them they would have bent over backwards for any guest and it was noticeably seen. From eating regularly in the restaurants we grew to know some of the staff, and a few of them stood out. Saifah was always a friendly face to see and was so eager to please whatever you wanted was no problem at all, you can see he puts so much work into his job and it pays off as his staff are second to none. Jack and Korn were incredible the whole stay, by remembering us every time we came to eat it made us feel so welcome, they could not have been any better at their jobs as because of them alone we would come back here and I hope they are recognized for that. Guy the activity manager is also amazing, so helpful and a genuinely nice man, you can tell he really loves his job with all the work he puts in.
Last and certainly not least Brian, the manager was so generous in giving us so much of his time to ask us questions about ourselves, our stay and day to day things. You can see he really cares about this hotel as it was very noticeable the long days - and nights he puts in for his work, and it shows his great relationship with his staff and guests.
All the staff at the Melati resort were so kind to us from the minute we got here. I am pleased to say I have never been in a hotel with staff as pleasant, helpful and eager to please and because of this we will most definitely be back and I really, really hope they are all given recognition for their very hard work, including Brian from higher management!..
It just doesn't get much better than here!

Ps. The 'Disappointed' review people must be crazy because that wasn't the same Melati resort we stayed at!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank SCMcEvoy
Melati_Samui, General Manager at Melati Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 17 May 2014
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for choosing Melati Beach Resort & Spa as your home to stay on Samui Island

The team and I are glad you enjoyed our resort, the restaurants and the service staffs.

At the Melati Beach Resort & Spa we are all dedicated to serve and provide the best service toward at all the time and I will be sharing your review with the all team.

I hope you had a safe journey on the way back home and we wish to welcome you again in a near future at Melati Beach Resort & Spa.

If you have additional comments, feedback or for future reservation please don't hesitate to e-mail me at matthieu@melatiresort.com

Chaweng Regent Beach Resort

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (240)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Serbian first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

I have nothing but great things to say about this hotel. We stayed there for 6 nights and found it very hard to leave the place as the staff who were nothing but friendly, accommodating and caring. The purpose of our trip to Koh Samui was to celebrate my husband’s 50th birthday and this hotel stood out for value of money plus the location on the island was perfect for us as it is close to Fishermans Wharf and Chewang Beach. On this actual birthday they arranged a cake and presented it to him at breakfast; so nice. On the 3rd day I suffered from really bad food poisoning (NOT from the hotel), they arranged for a taxi to take me to the hospital and back to the hotel, the next day there was a lovely bunch of flowers with a get well note. It’s touches like these that make a hotel like stand out from the rest. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and if I were to ever go back to Koh Samui, I’d stay here.

Room Tip: Rooms were clean and the bed was massive - luxuary!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for choosing Melati Beach Resort & Spa as your place to celebrate your husband 50th birthday, and thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the Tripadvisor community.

The team and I are glad you was touched by our service.

Madrid
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

This is how I feel upon arrival. I booked this hotel 2 months in advance for 5 nights mainly due to the nice reviews I saw here, I will reconsider it for next time. The soon we arrive they said our room type is not avalaible and they will make an upgrade, lucky me I toiugh, no, actually is how they deal to do not recognize their own mistake , coz the upgrade was just for 1 night, the day after we were requested to leave the room by 12.00 despite our new room was not ready till 14.00 which I consdier absolutely unacceptable and I how them, after I complaint they "allow" me to saty in the room till 14.00 h. Every day after we left the room for breakfast, we expected to found it properly done and tidy, no day it was done, not even after lunch when we return for a nap after about 3 to 4 hours in teh pool or the beach they never did it; I called many times they promissed to come and nothing happens till I start to yell on them, seems you have to be a rude person otherwise they dont care. Mention separately is the food, stupidly pricey for extremely average quality; nothing was fresh, 3rd class seafood and inexistent thai specialities in Thailand!western food pretty untasty and low quality too. Concierge services the poorest I ver seen; we requested for information about a tout and the aussi girl sitting there just surfed on internet to check it and asked me to do teh same when I asked about the aquarium park , etc. All the rooms are conneceted thus I have to wake up every day at 6-7 am not because of my daughther who use to sleep well til 9.00 am but becasue of my neighbourghs, I complainened twice nothing happens, I asked to change my room, no room avalaible; exactly the sme last day my fligth depsrta 15.30 I asked for late check out (same the one in my room on my 2nd day did) and no room avalaible.
Last but not the least, they arrange for taxi to Chongweng one of those days, costs was 400 THB while from the aiport to the hotel was 500 THB for the same distance, fine; the ridiculous situation was on the alst minute after I already asked to arrange a taxi for cathcing my fligh backk; they organise the van an billed 200 THB per person, included my baby who is not even 2 years yet; thata was the straw thata borkes the camel's back honestly I never received such a poor service just thinking on money all the time. These people mix up the things, receibing 100 times the salutatio sa va dee kap is not a good service but a pain in the neck, I go Thailand for working every month and this is not how it works. I have never ever been treated worst in a definitely non cheap place.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Alvaro M
Melati_Samui, General Manager at Melati Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear valued guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am very sorry to hear of your disappointment and unsatisfactory experience at Melati Beach Resort & Spa.
As customer service remains our top priority, feedback such as yours enables us to improve our service, facilities and therefore we are very grateful to you for bringing the issue to our attention.
On behalf of the management and the resort team, please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused to you and your partner, please be advised that your experience in no way reflects our dedication to our valued guests.
We are currently establishing an intensive training program for the front office team to ensure that no similar incidents can occur. Melati Beach Resort & Spa has served Koh Samui for over seven years and has done so by offering wonderful accommodation in a warm and caring environment.
We would also take this opportunity to thank you for your patronage - we do hope that the above misgivings will not prevent you from considering our hotel the next time you are in Samui.
If you have additional comments, feedback please don't hesitate to e-mail me at matthieu@melatiresort.com

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

Where to start! We stayed here for 10 days and on the 3rd day we had our wedding. Marnie did a wonderful job in communicating with us before we arrived organising everything for our wedding. We became a little concerned due to us never have been to Melati, Koh Samui. But from the moment we arrived the staff were outstanding, everyone was so friendly and did everything to accommodate our needs.
Our wedding was absolutely stunning (maybe a little biased) but in all honesty Marnie catered to our every need. Everything we asked for we got, and more. We would it again in a flash. Our guest were also very impressed with Melati
The grounds are beautiful with gardeners maintaining it everyday. The food was excellent (a shame there are not more options) The pools are amazing, the Spa is fantastic value, we did pamper ourselves almost everyday (it was our honeymoon of course)
Thank you again Marnie, and a special mention to John who made our stay very pleasant and all the other staff at Melati.
Ive posted a few photos of our wedding

Room Tip: The Pool Villa is amazing, you have your own pool and the room is huge.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear valued guest,
Thank you for choosing Melati Beach Resort & Spa as your home on Koh Samui and thank you for taking the time to sharing your experience with the Tripadvisor community.
The Team joins me in expressing our gratitude for such a nice review; we are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us. We actively contribute to provide our guests with the best possible experience and I cannot wait to share your feedback with everyone here at Melati Beach Resort & Spa certainly look forward to welcoming you again soon.
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

The Melati Hotel has a beautiful location on a lovely uncrowded beach. It is set in delightful gardens and the staff are courteous and friendly. The food although limited is delicious and of an extremely high quality. The resort is very quiet and relaxing indeed.

But ...

when we arrived after an 8 hour transfer (including airport time) from Bangkok , hotel reception which was well manned was fairly disinterested in us having assumed we were part of another party. It then transpired that our booking was incorrect and instead of 2 interconnecting rooms for us and our 10 and 8 year old we had one (too small) room. The other party was having the same problem as their booking was a cock up as well. Again the hotel wasn't that interested or helpful. We finally got to the small room and waited over an hour for our bags to arrive so couldn"t go down to the pool or do anything. We felt very neglected and a bit sad.

When we got to the beach, pool area it was filthy and in chaos. It was Thai New Year and very busy. clearly the staff were a bit overwhelmed. We were recommended the buffet (restaurant was closed ) and as we had been travelling all day and were exhausted we couldn't face leaving the resort. We were told the cost was two adults and children half price. We made the best of our stay and Kuoni refunded half our accommodation cost so we did not end up out of pocket but would have preferred not to share with our children much as we love them. At the end of the stay it transpired we had been charged for four adults at the buffet ( total £120+). My husband tried to raise the matter but again disinterest - I had signed the bill ( in the pitch dark after a trying start to our stay) and it was tough as far as the manager was concerned. It left a slightly bitter taste to a pleasant stay.

The resort is a distance away from the action which was fine with us but others struggled with it. Probably not a place to stay with teenagers for any length of time unless they just like the beach/pool. We had a great trip to the National Marine Park by speedboat and spent a happy time snorkelling.

Room Tip: go for a first floor room if you can. Grand deluxe is not really anything other than standard. Bathr...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank SarahlllllllllP P
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for choosing Melati Beach Resort & Spa for your family holidays on Koh Samui and thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the TripAdvisor community.

The team and I are very glad and thankful you found our resort relaxing and beautiful with a courteous and friendly service.

Please allow me to inform you regarding your bill for your BBQ buffet dinner we didn't over charge you and we did well charge only 2 adults + 2 Child (half price). I have even your signature on the receipt where It is clearly stated 2 adults + 2 child. I'm sorry you are thinking we did not charge correctly but actually we did.

I hope you had a safe journey back home you and your family.

Once again, we are very grateful for your feedback and hope that you will give us a chance to serve you again in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

We arrived at Melati after travelling from London - Dubai - Bangkok - Koh Samui, only to be told that our room had been double booked. We were offered a night's stay at another lesser hotel. After much deliberation we managed to receive our money back for the one night we missed and in addition a BBQ dinner.
When we did finally start our stay at the hotel, the resort is very nice. Friendly staff, great facilities and lovely rooms. Only negative I would say, is the location is far from anything else (Chaweng / BoPhut) and a taxi into town is c. £10
All in all, great hotel however the initial error tainted this part of our journey

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MistryMan100
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for choosing Melati Beach Resort and Spa as your home to stay on Samui Island and thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the Tripadvisor community.

The team and I are glad you enjoyed the resort and our food and we are very sorry for your "bad start".

Prague, Czech Republic
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

As you arrive into the resort it has the traditional Balinese feel which gets you right into the mood of a holiday. The reception was friendly and a welcome cool facial towel was quite unexpected. The room was great with all the modern facilities you expect from a five star resort and the private pool was an oasis. The restaurants were wonderful with both traditional and western foods avaliable. All the resort facilities were great and the night entertainment and themed nights on the beach made our stay here even more memorable. The only thing a bit disappointing was we were not allowed late checkout but this was only minor and not a major issue. Over all a great place to stay and we will be coming back.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear valued guest,

The team and I are glad you enjoyed the resort and our food. Please trust your comments will be shared with the all team.