“Wedding” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Melati Beach Resort & Spa

Ranked #22 of 187 Hotels in Bophut
“Wedding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

Firstly I would like to start with how awesome our room was, we stayed in the pool villa suite, it was very spacious, it was the perfect room, perfect spot especially for the wedding. Our guests have not stopped talking about how amazing our wedding was (so can't we) and also how amazing the resort was, the food, the service, everything about it which was such a relief for us also not being at the resort before.

We communicated through a travel co-ordinator for the wedding, as soon as we got to the Melati we wish we had of communicated with Marnie, she was incredible to deal with, very calm and made sure everything was going to be perfect for us at our wedding and it was, we wish we could do it again.

I really would recommend having your wedding at the Melati because you are guaranteed to be in good hands with Marnie.

Ive posted a few photos of our wedding

Room Tip: Pool Villa Suite as they are located literally 2 min walk to the pool/bar/restaurant, if not request...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Melati_Samui, General Manager at Melati Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for choosing Melati Beach Resort & Spa as your home to stay on Samui Island
and thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the Tripadvisor community.

The team and I would like to congrats you and your husband again as a just married couple! I wish you both a prosperous life together.

I will share with Marnie your comments and I know she will be so happy to know how much you enjoyed your wedding at Melati.

At the Melati Beach Resort & Spa we are all dedicated to serve and provide the best service toward at all the time and I will be sharing your review with the all team.

I hope you had a safe journey on the way back home and we wish to welcome you again in a near future at Melati Beach Resort & Spa.

If you have additional comments, feedback or for future reservation please don't hesitate to e-mail me at matthieu@melatiresort.com

Chaweng Regent Beach Resort

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
adelaide
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

We spent three nights at the Melati Beach Resort and Spa in one of their grand deluxe rooms. The rooms were spacious and beautifully furnished, with more than adequate hanging and storage space for our belongings. The room opened out onto an attractive balcony equipped with a spa bath! The bathroom and shower stall were extremely spacious and ran the length of the already large bedroom. The room contained the usual fittings and equipment, ie room safe, bar fridge, tea and coffee making facilities. The room was serviced daily and supplies were replenished daily.
The View Restaurant was located at the lower end of the resort, overlooking the beach. A shuttle serviced the accommodation and beachside restaurant, bars, pool and beach, but we only felt the need of the shuttle on the return journey from the beach to our room. Breakfast, lunch and dinner was available in the View Restaurant, which was a perfect setting to enjoy a relaxing meal overlooking the beach.
The accommodation provided by the resort justifies its five star rating, and although the small private beach is very attractive, we missed the close proximity of other restaurants and shopping areas which abound at Chaweng Beach.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Melati_Samui, General Manager at Melati Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear valued guest,

The team and I are glad you enjoyed our resort, the restaurants and the service staffs.

Kalgoorlie, Western Australia, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

Just returned from a week at the Melati Beach Resort. The room was huge and well appointed. The resort was set in idyllic grounds and the pool/bar/beach and breakfast area is simply amazing. Staff were friendly and attentive and the ambience was peaceful and relaxed. Sure, it's a bit out of the way, but this tended to add 5 or 6 bucks to the taxi fares, not a great drama in the scheme of things. Eating in the Thai restaurant was a pleasant experience, nicer than the room service meals. A perfect resort for couples wanting a comfortable and relaxing break.

1 Thank Mathew C
Dear valued guest,

The team and I are glad you enjoyed the ambience, staff attentiveness and our Thai Restaurant Kan Sak Tong.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

What a beautiful resort. Never had 1 issue with either the resort, our room or the staff. Received lovely honeymoon package on arrival, stayed in garden pool room. Photos were not one but deceiving :-) If you are wanting a quiet, peaceful and relaxing break, I recommend this resort. Only 10 min drive to main district of Koh Samui

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Carly D
Melati_Samui, General Manager at Melati Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 25 May 2014
Dear valued guest,

The team and I are glad you enjoyed our resort, your room and the staffs.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

Yes, I've had a better stay at another resort, but the Melati was definately not the worst place I've ever stayed.

The staff are friendly. The gardens pool and beach are beautiful. The rooms were kept clean and the bed was massive (if a little to hard for my liking).

We enjoyed spending the morning around the resort, heading into Chaweng in the early evening by 'private taxi' for around 500THB (really not that expensive, given that we were a group of six and always required a van) and then spending some time in town before escaping the raucous party street that is Chaweng Beach Rd. We found that we could get back to the resort by Songthaew (a local shared taxi truck) and the cost would not be that much different for our group of 6.

We would then return to the hotel for a late dinner, or evening cocktails at the swim-up bar in the pool.

All in all it was a great time and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this resort.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear valued guest,

The team and I are glad appreciated your feedback and we are glad you had a great time with us.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

I've stayed in worse and I've stayed in better, much, much better hotels. The hotel is located out of the way down a side road from the main road. A taxi out from the hotel is incredibly overpriced - when you challenge the prices vs local prices you're advised well it's a private taxi. Well, aren't most taxis private?! You expect a small mark up but not double the fare. The hotel run a shuttle 3 times - random times a day to Chaweng - see if you can match these up and then get a taxi from there for where you want to go to.
There are no air conditioned public areas, which, can make for an uncomfortable day if you have to wait around for your flight. Go to the airport early and hang out there as they have a/c cafes. You'll be cooler.
There's no denying the location has the wow factor when it comes to the views from the beachside pool and restaurant but it's just missing that je ne sais quoi. A couple of times we ordered taxis and were questioned why we wanted to go to our chosen location - almost rudely. I don't expect to be questioned, not on holiday. I answer only to myself.
The food & beverage staff make it here - in particular Jack at the beachside restaurant, always smiling and very pleasant.
We, sadly, were left wanting and were left with a bitter taste in our mouths that we'd splashed the cash for something amazing for ourselves but that we didn't get what we expected.

1 Thank Where_I_wander
Dear valued guest,

I well noted for your comments regarding our limousine service and not "taxi" as we do not provide and work with any taxi company at Melati. We are providing only our personal shuttle bus service and our limousine services. Our limousine service could be time to time higher price than a local taxi but we are offering a personalized and secure limousine service what is it not with local taxi.

I'm really sorry to read you didn't get what you expected as at the Melati Beach Resort & Spa we are all dedicated to serve and provide the best service toward at all the time.

I will be sharing your review with the all team and we will work harder for improvement.

Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

The hotel grounds are beautiful and the private beach is gorgeous. The rooms are very nice, but there were a couple of things we found very disappointing. While the restaurant staff was amazing, the front desk staff was overall rude and standoffish. When we asked the blonde concierge for assistance, she told us to google it. The other staff members were equally unhelpful. Also, the food was average at best but extremely overpriced. Finally, when we tried to get a cab to the airport, we were quoted different prices by the different front desk staff. All of the quoted prices were ridiculously high, and the lack of consistency was annoying.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank AnnaV592
Melati_Samui, General Manager at Melati Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 17 May 2014
Dear valued guest,

The team and I are glad you enjoyed your room and experienced "amazing" service staff at our restaurant View.

At the Melati Beach Resort & Spa we are all dedicated to serve and provide the best service toward at all the time and I well took note on your comments regarding our front desk team.

I must tell I'm very surprised to receive such feedback as we consistently receiving guest comments for our courteous and professional front office team, specially the lady you mentioned as "blonde concierge". She is one of our most recognized associate.