“Honeymoon”

Ranked #22 of 187 Hotels in Bophut
Guernsey, United Kingdom
“Honeymoon”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We have just got back from spending 12 days of our honeymoon at Melati. After a hectic time with the wedding, Melati gave us a relaxed and chilled out rest. We stayed in a Pool villa which was such a treat for us it was well worth paying the extra to stay in one. (The villa did give us a great deal of privacy). We tried out all of the restaurants and really enjoyed the food, especially the meal we had at the Kan Sak Thong Restaurant.
The general facilities of the resort are very good and the hotel does offer some great activities during the day like Tai Chi, Yoga & Muay Thai classes to name a few. My favourite was the Thai cooking class with Chef Dam. He was great to cook with especially as my other half is a vegetarian and does not cook, Chef Dam was very helpful in giving us alternatives to the meat options and we cooked some great veggie dishes.
I think what makes the hotel great is the staff. They are excellent, they are so friendly and helpful they cannot do an enough for you.
During our stay we did find ourselves going to Bophut regularly. This was no fault of the hotel, normally we do not stay at resorts like Mealti and like to get out and explore. This fishing village has some cracking restaurants and some great sunsets. Definitely worth a visit on a Friday evening as they close of the street to hold a night market.
The only improvements I can say about Melati is that they already provide a shuttle service to Chaweng but they should maybe consider an evening shuttle to Bophut. Also we found the coffee cups in the restaurant a bit of a pain as the handles were small and a bit fiddly.
But overall a 9 out of 10 from me.
Many thanks for a cracking stay.
PS we didn't use the Spa so we didn't rate it

Room Tip: We had Pool Villa 502 and had no issues. It was quite nice coming back to the room late afternoon an...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Melati_Samui, General Manager at Melati Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for choosing Melati Beach Resort & Spa as your home to stay on Samui Island
and thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the Tripadvisor community.

The team and I are glad you enjoyed your honeymoon with us!

At the Melati Beach Resort & Spa we are all dedicated to serve and provide the best service toward at all the time and I will be sharing your review with the all team.

I hope you had a safe journey on the way back home and we wish to welcome you again in a near future at Melati Beach Resort & Spa.

If you have additional comments, feedback or for future reservation please don't hesitate to e-mail me at matthieu@melatiresort.com

Chaweng Regent Beach Resort

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (242)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Market Deeping, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Just returned from spending 2 weeks at the Melati and have nothing but praise. The staff were all extremely friendly and always willing to assist. You got the sense they really wanted to help, not just because you were staying at a top hotel.

The views from the main pool are to die for and it never felt over crowded (was about 75% full). The quality of the food was really good and they have special events on most nights, which they make a great effort to get the atmosphere right on the beach.

We stayed in a 2nd floor deluxe room, which was all we could have wanted. Having been there I would definitely not pay extra for a pool villa..... just go to the main pool or the sanctuary.

One small comment would be about the price of the food and especially the drinks, which are on the high side before they add the 10% service and 7% tax. Maybe worth having a few nights at the hotel for a special occasion, otherwise worth trying the local villages/towns. We went into Choeng Mon four or five times and had excellent food at very reasonable prices and no sign of an upset stomach.

3 Thank Craig P
Melati_Samui, General Manager at Melati Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear valued guest,

The team and I are glad you enjoyed our resort and spent "fantastic two weeks" with us!

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Firstly I would like to start with how awesome our room was, we stayed in the pool villa suite, it was very spacious, it was the perfect room, perfect spot especially for the wedding. Our guests have not stopped talking about how amazing our wedding was (so can't we) and also how amazing the resort was, the food, the service, everything about it which was such a relief for us also not being at the resort before.

We communicated through a travel co-ordinator for the wedding, as soon as we got to the Melati we wish we had of communicated with Marnie, she was incredible to deal with, very calm and made sure everything was going to be perfect for us at our wedding and it was, we wish we could do it again.

I really would recommend having your wedding at the Melati because you are guaranteed to be in good hands with Marnie.

Ive posted a few photos of our wedding

Room Tip: Pool Villa Suite as they are located literally 2 min walk to the pool/bar/restaurant, if not request...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear valued guest,

The team and I would like to congrats you and your husband again as a just married couple! I wish you both a prosperous life together.

I will share with Marnie your comments and I know she will be so happy to know how much you enjoyed your wedding at Melati.

adelaide
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We spent three nights at the Melati Beach Resort and Spa in one of their grand deluxe rooms. The rooms were spacious and beautifully furnished, with more than adequate hanging and storage space for our belongings. The room opened out onto an attractive balcony equipped with a spa bath! The bathroom and shower stall were extremely spacious and ran the length of the already large bedroom. The room contained the usual fittings and equipment, ie room safe, bar fridge, tea and coffee making facilities. The room was serviced daily and supplies were replenished daily.
The View Restaurant was located at the lower end of the resort, overlooking the beach. A shuttle serviced the accommodation and beachside restaurant, bars, pool and beach, but we only felt the need of the shuttle on the return journey from the beach to our room. Breakfast, lunch and dinner was available in the View Restaurant, which was a perfect setting to enjoy a relaxing meal overlooking the beach.
The accommodation provided by the resort justifies its five star rating, and although the small private beach is very attractive, we missed the close proximity of other restaurants and shopping areas which abound at Chaweng Beach.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Melati_Samui, General Manager at Melati Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear valued guest,

The team and I are glad you enjoyed our resort, the restaurants and the service staffs.

Kalgoorlie, Western Australia, Australia
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Just returned from a week at the Melati Beach Resort. The room was huge and well appointed. The resort was set in idyllic grounds and the pool/bar/beach and breakfast area is simply amazing. Staff were friendly and attentive and the ambience was peaceful and relaxed. Sure, it's a bit out of the way, but this tended to add 5 or 6 bucks to the taxi fares, not a great drama in the scheme of things. Eating in the Thai restaurant was a pleasant experience, nicer than the room service meals. A perfect resort for couples wanting a comfortable and relaxing break.

1 Thank Mathew C
Dear valued guest,

The team and I are glad you enjoyed the ambience, staff attentiveness and our Thai Restaurant Kan Sak Tong.

Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

What a beautiful resort. Never had 1 issue with either the resort, our room or the staff. Received lovely honeymoon package on arrival, stayed in garden pool room. Photos were not one but deceiving :-) If you are wanting a quiet, peaceful and relaxing break, I recommend this resort. Only 10 min drive to main district of Koh Samui

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Carly D
Melati_Samui, General Manager at Melati Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 25 May 2014
Dear valued guest,

The team and I are glad you enjoyed our resort, your room and the staffs.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Yes, I've had a better stay at another resort, but the Melati was definately not the worst place I've ever stayed.

The staff are friendly. The gardens pool and beach are beautiful. The rooms were kept clean and the bed was massive (if a little to hard for my liking).

We enjoyed spending the morning around the resort, heading into Chaweng in the early evening by 'private taxi' for around 500THB (really not that expensive, given that we were a group of six and always required a van) and then spending some time in town before escaping the raucous party street that is Chaweng Beach Rd. We found that we could get back to the resort by Songthaew (a local shared taxi truck) and the cost would not be that much different for our group of 6.

We would then return to the hotel for a late dinner, or evening cocktails at the swim-up bar in the pool.

All in all it was a great time and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this resort.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear valued guest,

The team and I are glad appreciated your feedback and we are glad you had a great time with us.