“Fantastic service, great spacious rooms, nice to have a choice of pools!”

Ranked #21 of 185 Hotels in Bophut
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We stayed three nights, after being in Bophut and Koh Phangan for 2 weeks. It was nice and quiet for our last few days which was perfect.
The service was impeccable from front office to the gardeners-all so friendly!
The Mosquitos were out in force for rainy season but the staff seemed to have it under control : )
It was great to have the adult only pool, as the main one by the beach was busy and had loud music (I must be getting old!!!)
If you are after somewhere with no shops or restaurants within walking distance then this is what you want- a secluded beach (great for kayaking) and a quiet spacious resort!

• Stayed: June 2014
Melati_Samui, General Manager at Melati Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for choosing Melati Beach Resort & Spa as your home to stay on Samui Island
and thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the Tripadvisor community.

The team and I are thankful for your great review and glad you enjoyed "impeccable" service!

At the Melati Beach Resort & Spa we are all dedicated to serve and provide the best service toward at all the time and I will be sharing your review with the all team.

I hope you had a safe journey on the way back home and we wish to welcome you again in a near future at Melati Beach Resort & Spa.

If you have additional comments, feedback or for future reservation please don't hesitate to e-mail me at matthieu@melatiresort.com

Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

We recently got back from our honeymoon where we spent 5 nights at the Melati!
Our pool villa was absolutely incredible! It was very spacious & had a plunge pool.
The Melati was busier than we expected, with quite a few kids, but the pool & beach area were big enough so that it generally didn't bother us.
The food was great, the service in the restaurants & poolside were also amazing! Although the customer service at the reception was not as great.
The resort also offers to hire scooters & cars, which were fairly reasonably priced!
I had a massage poolside, which was almost perfect, apart from the children & men laughing extremely loud right next to the massage bed.
Overall, we had a lovely time at the Melati & would definitely recommend it to anyone!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear valued guest,

The team and I are so thankful got your great feedback and glad you found your pool villa "incredible"!

Reviewed 27 June 2014

My husband & I stayed this month for 8 nights, we prefer resorts that with not too many rooms and a little secluded but still within reach of everything and Melati was perfect for this. A beautiful resort with its own private beach on a quiet bay, the pool area and restaurant overlooking the beach are beautiful with excellent service poolside and on the beach lounges. Food was amazing and I enjoyed trying the daily special cocktail not to mention the extensive beverage list. The villas are lovely and spacious our villa felt like our own little home while in Ko Samui. We hired a scooter to explore the Island and give us our own freedom as the resort is not walking distance from anything, as such, but only 10-15mins by scooter or car to almost everything. Thanks for a wonder stay Melati all your staff are fabulous and should be commended.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear valued guest,

The team and I are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you so much for your great feedback!

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Nice resort for all those who do like to escape from very busy chaweng. We had a villa with own small pool. The beach is small but nice. The hotel offers every night a special dinner (romantic by the sea, buffett and shows etc.) no nightlife or shopping close by, so you need to either take a taxi, car, bike. We very much appriciated that we could get a late checkout (fee approx. 50$) in advance, so that we did not wait to the very last minute.

Room Tip: Take a room with own pool
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Melati_Samui, General Manager at Melati Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear valued guest,

The team and I are glad you enjoyed your stay with us!

Reviewed 23 June 2014

I am staying at the Melati resort till 26th, and I am,loving it here. Even though it's a bit far from the night life and hustle and bustle of chaweng, the tranquil and peaceful atmosphere along with great service from the staff makes up for it. My brother and sis who stayed here a week back recommended it to us who also had a superb time. The deluxe room is quite spacious with ample area in the washroom with tub. The food at the pool view restaurant is awesome. My six year old loves the pool adjoining the kids club,as they have daily activities planned for them. The hotel has it's own white sand private beach which is calm. I recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to koh samui.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear valued guest,

The team and I are glad you, your wife and six year old loved our resort, service and the food!

As you said, Melati is a perfect place for families.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

We were on our honeymoon when we visited the Melati in April 2014. The resort is quite beautiful and our room was very comfortable. The service was helpful without being truly attentive. We had a pool villa which to begin with was full of mosquitoes (although after a treatment the next day was much better). The small drop pool, although luxurious, wasn't necessary as the main pool is beautiful. The pool fills up very fast even though the resort wasn't that busy and there are a lot kids however. The food was over priced and the Thai at the smaller restaurants not great (the western cuisine was better strangely). The service at breakfast was poor and we often had to wait a long time for coffee that at times never came. The Thai restaurant, however, was fantastic and although expensive is worth a go. The problem here is that your so far away from the local shopping areas like Chaweng that you have to eat at the resort most of the time. You can take a shuttle bus or get a taxi but that starts to get expensive and the shuttle bus doesn't run often enough.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay but were not completely satisfied with quality for money.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear valued guest,

The team and I are glad you enjoyed your honeymoon with us!

I appreciate your feedback regarding our food and beverage department. We will concentrate more on training and on improving the service.

Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the melati for 2 weeks in march for our wedding. We arrived one week before the wedding and met with Marnie, our celebrant, photographer and DJ to finalize all of the plans we had made via email in the months leading up to then.
Marnie was great, and organized everything from flowers, to the cake, food and table decorations.
The wedding itself was stunning. Flowers were everywhere and the setting is just so beautiful in itself we have some lovely photos to show from it.
We were married on the beach and had our reception right on the sand with the waves lapping near our feet. It was fantastic.
During our fist dance we had fireworks going off, and also had a fire lantern ceremony to finish the evening. I would re comes to anyone to have a wedding here, it was stress free and our guests had a wonderful time. Thanks Marnie and the staff at melati for making us feel so special. Xx
Meagan and Benn.

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Meagan B

Dear valued guest,

The team and I would like to congratulate you again for your wedding and thank you again for choosing Melati to celebrate this memorable day.

I will sure with Marnie your feedback as I know she will be very happy.