We are very confused about this hotel. Reading the comments before it is getting even worse!
In the first place we booked the Chaweng Regent beach resort of the same company, but we were offered the alternative to stay at Melati because of the renovations at Chaweng Regent. Although we booked a premier room at Chaweng Regent they would not offer us a better room then the standard 'Grand Deluxe' room. Because it was our honeymoon we prefered an upgraded room (Private Garden Pool) but we could not get that room without paying a lot of extra money. We finally decided to pay the extra money because we were affraid to be dissapointed on arrival. So we booked the Private Garden Pool.
The time we arrived they gave us the check-in form with the room-type Grand Deluxe. After we said that we booked the Private Garden Pool, they ahd to look in up and we got the right room. But... why do other people on honeymoon get a free upgrade to this room and we had to pay a lot of extra money for it?
This was our last hotel in Thailand after having stayed in 3 other hotels we expected more of the privilege of beying honeymooners. We only got flowers one day and no champagne, etc.!
As mentioned before by other people, the hotel is far from the centres of Chaweng en BopHut. We reccommend to hire a motorbike. Very cheap and easy to use! Do not take the hoteltaxi - very expensive! The shuttle bus is okay, but goes only 3 times a day.
The rooms are nice but we had a lot of ants in the bathroom en in the minibar area. Breakfast is quite good but not as you would expect from a 5 star resort. We've had better. The service at the pool restaurant is very poor. They work with 1 waiter per visitor (really!) but they did not manage to give the service you would expect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Melati’s 77 Villas & Suites are a minimum of seventy seven square meters of indoor-outdoor living space with more than seventy percent of all accommodation featuring personal swimming pools. The Resort is embraced by an expansive and lush tropical landscape, featuring a magnificent seven level waterfall accented by Melati’s exclusive seven tier service plan making Melati Beach Resort the ideal destination for those seeking indulgent romance and true relaxation. Melati also features not one but two central pool areas. Located beach front is a massive infinity pool known as The See with amazing views of neighboring islands, a swim-up pool bar and adjacent kids club. The See is the perfect place for those young in years or simply young at heart to while away the day in chilled out comfort; a place to be seen and a place to see. And for those seeking peace and quiet the Sanctuary Pool is a sunken oasis of pleasure reserved for adults only.Further accenting the guest experience are two restaurants, pool bar, lounge, full service spa with beauty salon, fitness center, yoga sala, meditation garden, tour & excursion desk and gift shop. Additionally the resort offers daily activities, limited yet complimentary wifi access for those in need, a complimentary Mac Internet Zone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Holiday Gems, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Travelbag, Agoda, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Melati Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melati Beach Hotel Bophut
- Melati Beach Resort And Spa
- Melati Beach Resort & Spa Ko Samui/Bophut