“Great place to relax!”
Review of Eden Bungalows

Eden Bungalows
Ranked #11 of 157 Bophut B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 September 2013

So we didn't actually stay at Eden Bungalows, but boy do we wish we had! We are currently staying at a hotel in Crystal Cove and happened upon Eden while exploring the island. We walked past the bungalows to get to the beach-front bar/restaurant, and they looked lovely! The hotel has a nice pool, great outdoor bar, and wonderful new lounge chairs, complete with comfortable padding and umbrellas. We had a few beers and took advantage of the quiet atmosphere for a while before jumping back on our moped. When we returned to our hotel and realized we could be enjoying the comforts of Eden for only $8 more per night than what we are paying for something MUCH less nice, well.. Let's just say we were disappointed. I wish I had come across Eden while looking on trip advisor a few days ago. Though we are booked at our current hotel for the duration of our stay, we may return to Samui at the end of the week. If we do, we will definitely be staying at Eden!!

• Stayed: September 2013
3  Thank naj256

Reviewed 28 July 2013

If you are looking for a hotel where you can be very active... then this place is perfect. Every staff member we met was helpful, kind, truly service with a smile. The hotel, service,the staff and rooms are all top of the line. We had a hard time leaving and look forward to a return visit!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Brist0n
Reviewed 12 May 2013 via mobile

This was my fourth stay here and I love the location and quirky Frenchness of the place.
My observation over the years is it needs a bit of hands on management and some more attention to detail if you want to compete in this market... right now I wont come back.... 70 baht for a big water! No discounted low season deals... this as it stands is not value. My guess its a hobby business, it shows

• Stayed: May 2013
4  Thank Will N
Reviewed 7 April 2013

After arriving in Fisherman's Village in March 2013, Boput with no hotel booked I wandered into Eden Bungalows which lies on the main street of this peaceful resort and is only yards from the beach where I checked in and ended up staying there for 10 nights.

The bungalow which I stayed in lay down a winding path at the very back of a tropical garden with water features, a hammock and swimming pool, it was really cosy and spotless, in fact the bungalow itself, the garden, pool and location to the beach in the resort was so laid back and relaxing and made a great base for nights out in the village and Chaweng where the action is and the other smaller resorts nearby.

The hotel is owned by a French couple and in the pleasant bar area they served breakfast and dinner etc with all kinds of European and Thai dishes, I paid 1,500 TB per night which was worth it (breakfast not included).

I was so relaxed here in this hotel with how laid back it was, the hot weather and location etc that I didn't want to leave and I miss the place and wish I was there right now.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank TooWander
bilette, Propriétaire at Eden Bungalows, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2013

Reviewed 7 March 2013

Location: beach is on the other side of the street, restaurants, bars very close. Bophut beach is not big and not crowded. In February no strong wind and calm sea
Hotel: nice small lobby, bar, library, biliard, in the evenings even the owner was there chatting with the guests. Tropical garden beautiful with fountains and flowers.
Room: we had room Jasmin, quite big, bed comfortable, aircon ok (a pity it is right above your head but you can put it low fan), unique open-air bathroom(!). Some issues with the safe but staff fixed it. Terrace in the middle of the garden, cute.
Staff: one lady was particularly friendly, helped with the safe and explained where to go and what to do, but in general everybody was nice.
Kitchen: kitchen is surprisingly good.Breakfast is also ok, you have various options like French, Tropical, etc.
And do not worry about so much French, on the end of the day you will feel like you are in Thailand!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 January 2013

I have stayed at Eden Bungalows quite a few times as it is so friendly, quiet but also central. The decor of the bungalow rooms are is very cool with a nice verandah and I love the tropical gardens! The French owner & staff are very friendly there too.

Room Tip: I prefer the ground floor superior rooms as they are spacious, with great decor and a sofa (which tu...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 July 2012

I've just finished a most pleasant week at Eden bungalows. The bungalows are adequately appointed, spacious and clean; If you intend to stay indoors on your holiday then perhaps Eden is not for you. It's a family friendly little place and the pool is ideally designed for the kiddies and adults to have a splash about. The staff were always helpful and friendly enough.

It is, of course, natural enough that French speakers should gather together in one place; Bo Phut has several of these little enclaves and as an Englishman I didn't feel at all slighted. The French owner was always busying himself around the place and we always exchanged civilised pleasantries.

I suppose that Eden's strongest point is that it is on the street front and only yards from some great restaurants and bars but you get what you pay for on KS and can pay as much or (almost) as little as you like. For what I paid I though that I got good value from Eden.

p.s. They accept only cash payment.

Room Tip: If you have a ground floor'bungalow' room you may be disturbed if upstairs is occupied by e...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo