Cactus Bungalows are sitting on an absolute goldmine, they just don't seem to be doing enough with the place. It is in a beautiful setting, the food is absolutely to die for, the owner and staff are lovely, the rooms are ok and something different, bathroom very nice, but they don't seem to look after the grounds very well. There is cute little paths leading to each room, but they are all full of weeds and everything looks like all it needs is a good lick of paint and a little TLC and the place would be perfection! The rooms are also a little bare and could do with somewhere for you to hang your clothes.
The restaurant is pretty much full up every night, it was when we were there anyway. As the food is absolutely top class, as is the service and all the staff are so welcoming and it is in a very nice setting with candles, music, pool table etc.
It is definitely worth a stay, as you will be made to feel very welcome and the dining is a dream however it is just a little sad to see all of its hidden potential not being made!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the middle of Bophut Beach. Created 13 years ago and designed by the owner. Still considers itself as a guest house. One of the last old school getaways in Samui. Attractive prices. Great food from traditional Thai to home-made pizza. Cocktail bar (great mojitos) and free pool-table. For the ones who like it smooth and simple. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Priceline, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Cactus Bungalow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cactus Bungalow Hotel Koh Samui
- Cactus Bungalow Ko Samui/Bophut