The major problem of this place is the location : far away from every restaurant and nightlife (and ports and airport as well). You have to take a taxi 20min if you want to go out at night for example ( compare this with Chaweng where you can go on foot). 150m Outside the complex you have a main street full of cars and trucks all the time sending dirt in the air so the 2-3 restaurant along this street are not really enjoyable...
The beach of the "resort" is Ok like most of these place in Thailand. difficult to be cheated here in Samui
The rooms are average inside with our exterior door a little bit worn not feeling really secure when you are out !
The restaurant and bar is also average and close very early depending on the number of customers, but don't expect to party there after midnight...
you can find a better restaurant with a better sea view terrasse on the beach : just go 15 meters to the restort next door on the left ;)
On the whole, a very average place for this area (Samui). Not Bad, but you can find better most of the time in Kho Samui.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the middle of Bophut Beach. Created 13 years ago and designed by the owner. Still considers itself as a guest house. One of the last old school getaways in Samui. Attractive prices. Great food from traditional Thai to home-made pizza. Cocktail bar (great mojitos) and free pool-table. For the ones who like it smooth and simple. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Cactus Bungalow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cactus Bungalow Hotel Koh Samui
- Cactus Bungalow Ko Samui/Bophut