“Good value for money - will stay again!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Suneast Bungalows

Suneast Bungalows
Ranked #157 of 187 Hotels in Bophut
Cairns
“Good value for money - will stay again!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2012

Found this gem by walking along the beach and going into each property after spending a night on the main street next to Ladyboy Cabaret which pumped music VERY loudly till 12:15 am.

As it was low season got a bungalow for BHT2,000 per night and was it worth every cent. I classify it as 3 rooms - entrance, dressing area, bedroom , seperate bathroom and toilet washbasin seperate as well with OUTSIDE shower - simply great. Also small porch.

Best part - bed linnen 400 or 600 thread count - truly bliss. Bed hard as most in Thailand are but water pressure very good.

Furnishing dated and marked but at location and price not a problem.

Tip - free Sunday barbeque and I do mean free at the pub in front of the resort. Owner said I could take a plate of food for consumption in the room - was totally free and went back for more and bought a couple of drinks I felt so guilty and had second helping on the beach! Simpy great.

No breakfast or restaurant but enough within 50 metres walking distance. Will return definately. the have a website but did not come up on agoda. 5 pictures p[osted is true and accurate as off todays date.

No frills but ample space right on beach!

Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank redbaronx0

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2012

The new rooms in the block just off the main road are great, very modern and spacious. The block of rooms in the garden area are dated, the bungalows are nice too. I would only stay in the new block if i had the choice. Perfect location on the beach, great staff and always very friendly.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jono B
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2012

The hotel is located in Chaweng, just of the main road, so it is quite enough to rest, but close to the bars and restaurants. On the other side of the street you have the beach. It's that simple.
The service is great and attentive, the rooms are well furbished and cleaned daily.
This is not a resort, but a family run hotel.
Well worth the price, which is also competitive.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank Jonatanw
Dublin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2011

We didn't stay in a bungalow just one of the hotel rooms. They were very basic however cheap at 1000b a night about 20eur! The hotel is in a great loaction on Chaweng Beach, lots to do & less than 10 mins drive to Samui airport. An ideal place to stay if only stopping over for a quick visit!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LisaMayDublin
Columbia Heights
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2011

My ten day stay at the Suneast was one of the more relaxing places that I stayed during my five week trip to Laos and Thailand. The staff at the Suneast did their best to make me feel that I was more than a hotel guest when they greeted me in the morning when I began my day with a walk along the beach at sunrise and closed out my day with a cold "Singha" beer at the end of my day. When I checked in I was delighted that they the hotel staff remembered me from an earlier visit and treated me as if I was someone who was important and on a daily basis did their best to make sure that all of my needs were taken care of...The next time I visit Koh Samui there is no doubt that I will be making arangements to return to the Suneast and take advantage of all of the services that are readily available.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank JAZRColumbiaHeights
Swansea, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2011

I stayed 4nights here 2weeks ago with my boyfriend, we booked it when we got there and stayed in the hotel part of the complex... It was clean, large rooms lovely staff who were very helpful. The hotel is located practically on the beach next to the Ark Bar which is a popular beach bar. The complex also has a lovely pool.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Nerysh
Wollongong Sydney NSW Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2009

I am fairly new to Tripadvisor and I stayed at this place 3 years ago. I liked this place so very much that I thought I should review it, even after all this time. I was initially booked into a cute very budget place called Chaweng Gardens, right down the other end of Chaweng Beach, but being a girl travelling on my own at a more quiet time of the year, I was a little nervous about being there alone at night, so started looking for somewhere else closer to the action and more people. I enquired at many resorts/hotels along the main road and Chaweng Beach and looked at quite a few rooms, even expensive ones, but nothing appealed until I saw this place from the beach. It looked expensive and well-maintained from the beach, so I was amazed how cheap it was. I ended up choosing one of the cheap rooms away from the beach end, which was very functional for me. The more expensive bungalows closer to the beach looked just lovely. I felt very safe and happy here and had a good time, the pool and location are to die for. Have a look at their website for how lovely it is. The only major drawback for me was that, just like the rest of Thailand, including the swanky resort I stayed in when I moved on to Phuket - it seems the beds are hard everywhere you go!

As mentioned in another review, the rocking hotel/bar next door can make a bit of noise - but is a great place to visit if you feel like contributing to the noise. :) I always take earplugs when I travel...

• Stayed October 2006, travelled solo
1 Thank Poniesnpuppies
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bophut
P&P Samui Resort
#98 of 294 in Ko Samui
Marine Bungalows
Marine Bungalows
#206 of 315 in Ko Samui

Been to Suneast Bungalows? Share your experiences!