My wife and I stayed in the Spice room of the lodge for two nights. A spacious room, spacious common area and a beautiful view are the qualities that make up the experience at The Fernery. Our room had the most amazing bathroom I've ever seen - a bath big enough for two and a spacious shower. The room also had a small balcony, too small to put chairs on however the common area has a big deck with tables, chairs and comfortable couches to relax on. Breakfast was good, however dinner (which is not included) will set you back R275 per person which is completely outrageous. In terms of wine and sparkling wine there is a full range from everyday affordable kinds to very expensive kinds. Going to and leaving The Fernery via a well-maintained dirt road can be a little cumbersome depending on what you're driving. We bought some ferns from the nursery. They were more reasonably priced. This is not a value-for-money kind of destination. It is more of a I'm-a-foreigner-with-favourable-exchange-rates-on-my-side kind of destination.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fernery Lodge and Chalets situated above a 30m waterfall with breathtaking views of the river gorge is the perfect romantic and peaceful getaway for natural lovers. The luxurious and opulent rooms in the lodge and the private chalets are each tastefully decorated with every effort made to ensure our guests' comfort. Each unit has a unique theme inspired by the magnificent surroundings. Start your day with a hearty breakfast and end off with a wander through the wine cellar where you can select a bottle of your choice before heading up to experience excellent cuisine in our plush diningroom with its special ambiance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your The Fernery Lodge & Chalets reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fernery Lodge & Chalets Hotel Tsitsikamma National Park
- The Fernery Lodge And Chalets
- The Fernery Lodge & Chalets Storms River, Tsitsikamma National Park, South Africa