The Fernery Lodge was the first stop for my wife and I on our journed from Port Elizabeth to Cape Town. We had just had a busy few days (a wedding to attend and then a few days Safari) so the intention was to use the Fernery as a place to relax for 2 days before continuing on our journey. We found the lodge therefore the perfect place to do this.
We stayed in the Alikreukal Chalet which was nicely furnished, clean and warm. We used the wood burner to warm the place up as the day we were there it rained a lot so it was nice to have the fire going. There are some seats in the room so were relaxed in the chalet. They also do a nice service of delivering a meal to the chalet which we made use of on the second evening.
The food we had was wonderful. The meals were well presented and the service was really good too. The eating area is quite small so I can see why you need to book early.
The road into the area is quite long and especially in a hire car we did feel a bit nervous to avoid any large holes. The road feels worse than it is though but we were happy to not leave the area on the second day and just took a walk locally and then relaxed at the lodge. It's a forestry area so the road isn't the responsibility of the lodge so it is just something to be aware of before you arrive.
There is no wi-fi in the rooms which is a little bit frustrating but also quite nice as you will put down your gadgets and relax.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fernery Lodge and Chalets situated above a 30m waterfall with breathtaking views of the river gorge is the perfect romantic and peaceful getaway for natural lovers. The luxurious and opulent rooms in the lodge and the private chalets are each tastefully decorated with every effort made to ensure our guests' comfort. Each unit has a unique theme inspired by the magnificent surroundings. Start your day with a hearty breakfast and end off with a wander through the wine cellar where you can select a bottle of your choice before heading up to experience excellent cuisine in our plush diningroom with its special ambiance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Cancelon so you can book your The Fernery Lodge & Chalets reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fernery Lodge And Chalets
- The Fernery Lodge & Chalets Hotel Tsitsikamma National Park
- The Fernery Lodge & Chalets Storms River, Tsitsikamma National Park, South Africa