What a gem! I almost cancelled the east of my work trip. I stayed in unit 1, spectacular. Superbly appointed, great bathroom and a wonderful view from the balcony. The area is so beautiful, it's worth making this your base - there is so much to see and do in the immediate area, I reckon 3-4 nights would be perfect.
The lodge is about 8km from the main road, the sand road is suitable for all cars.
The food from the restaurant was excellent, I had the Cream of Beef Soup starter (I'd go back for this alone - it's amazing) and the Bean Curry for main, yum! Breakfast was great too, and with the view you have who wouldn't enjoy it.
I'm going back, guaranteed!
I took a walk around in the morning, the log cabin units are lovely looking over the gorge, Loerie has the best view of them all (see my pic).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fernery Lodge and Chalets situated above a 30m waterfall with breathtaking views of the river gorge is the perfect romantic and peaceful getaway for natural lovers. The luxurious and opulent rooms in the lodge and the private chalets are each tastefully decorated with every effort made to ensure our guests' comfort. Each unit has a unique theme inspired by the magnificent surroundings. Start your day with a hearty breakfast and end off with a wander through the wine cellar where you can select a bottle of your choice before heading up to experience excellent cuisine in our plush diningroom with its special ambiance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your The Fernery Lodge & Chalets reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fernery Lodge & Chalets Hotel Tsitsikamma National Park
- The Fernery Lodge And Chalets
- The Fernery Lodge & Chalets Storms River, Tsitsikamma National Park, South Africa