My husband and I wanted to break away for a weekend and I remembered hearing about The Fernery from friends. Our only concern was that we had a 4 month old infant with us and it was the middle of winter. Well...we stayed in their chalets-definitly a must. The chalets have heaters and a lovely fireplace which we used every night therefore the cold never bothered us as we were nice and toasty on the inside. It's nice and secluded and the walk to the breakfast area always put my son to sleep-we could stroll him there. We also made use of the restaurant at night. The price for a main meal was around R140. We also had a picnic on their sundowner deck-lovely view and good food. There is lots to do-hiking, mountain biking and even paddle skies to keep one busy. We are definitely going back next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fernery Lodge and Chalets situated above a 30m waterfall with breathtaking views of the river gorge, is the perfect romantic and peaceful getaway. The luxurious and opulent rooms in the lodge and the private chalets are each tastefully decorated with every effort made to ensure our guests' comfort. Each unit has a unique theme inspired by the magnificent surroundings. Start your day with a hearty breakfast and end off with a wander through the wine cellar where you can select a bottle of your choice before heading up to our plush diningroom with its special ambiance, and experience excellent cuisine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your The Fernery Lodge & Chalets reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fernery Lodge And Chalets
- The Fernery Lodge & Chalets Hotel Tsitsikamma National Park
- The Fernery Lodge & Chalets Storms River, Tsitsikamma National Park, South Africa