“Just Outstanding from Calgary, Alberta, Canada”
Review of Chateau de Siorac

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Annesse-et-Beaulieu
Chateau de Siorac
Calgary, Alberta
“Just Outstanding from Calgary, Alberta, Canada”
Reviewed 31 August 2008

I was one of the eleven people previously mentioned, some of whom have already written reviews. I totally agree with all of their comments and would like to add some f my own.
First of all, Jose and Diana could not have been more accommodating or more pleasant hosts.
The Chateau is a marvellous mixture of old and new, absolutely oozing atmosphere, ambience and, of course, history, out of every nook and cranny, the like of which I defy anyone to find in any of your finest hotels.
I have to say that I agree with one of the other members of my group when he said that he would have been more than happy to have experienced more of Jose's culinary expertise by dining in the magnificent dining room every night of our stay. That would, however, have prevented us from enjoying some of the other fine restaurants in the area.
The Chateau was a perfect location for enjoying so many of the attractions in the Perigord region.
All in all, a very special and unforgettable vacation.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Nothing
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Solo
Business
Ascot
Reviewed 21 August 2008

My family and I have just spent 3 weeks at Siorac. It was simply the best vacation ever. Highlights were too many to mention. Of course the region, the Perigord, is spectacular but in particular Jose and Diana were unfailingly helpful and delightful, accommodated our energetic children patiently and attended to every need large or small that we had. A highlight was the phenomenal dinner which Jose prepared for 8 adults, all of them widely travelled and we all agreed that it was one of the best meals that we'd ever had, anywhere- AND incredible value for money. So, thank you Jose and Diana, thank you Siorac and we wish you every success.

• Liked — Everything
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank MC010
Roya Leamington Spa
Reviewed 20 August 2008

I was in a groupof 11 people who stayed at Chateau Siorac in July 2008. their 'glowing reports' are shown on this web site. I fully endorse all the very positive comments made.

Dianne and Jose are superb hosts and make you feel at home, in their home.

My comments below have a different perspective which I hope are helpful to others in a similar position

As a disabled person, I had some uncertainty regarding how I would be able to cope with such a huge building, which in 1550 was not designed with any thought of this aspect. With the help of the agent and our hosts ,most of my doubts and questions were answered before we arrived.

I was able to have a large bedroom on the ground floor ( with en suite ) A shower stool was purchased specifically for me to use, which minimised the risk of slipping on a wet surface etc. I was able to park my car at the back of the Chateau which meant I did not need to use the steps at the front ( I did once to enjoy the wonderful view )

Dianna and Jose were very helpful in many other ways which made my stay both ' manageable and memorable'

P.S. Our bedroom was at the front of the Chateau and we did not have any problems from road noise - particularly after a superb dinner and wine cooked by Jose.

• Liked — excellent standards all round and suitable for a disabled person, given notice and some prior discussion
  • Disliked — Having to leave
2 Thank CFI
UK
Reviewed 5 August 2008

If you want to stay somewhere very special & obviously loved by its owners, then Chateau Siorac is the place for you.The chateau itself has been lovingly restored by Jose & Diana to its former glory.
The kitchen has everything to make life easy if you are self catering & there is enough room for 12 people to eat in the kitchen.If you can manage it-- book Jose to cook you a meal one evening. It will truly be an unforgettable experience.His food, wine & presentation outclassed all the other meals we had in thesurrounding area.The wonderful dining room helped to make it even more special.
Jose & Diana are the perfect hosts & we wish them every success in their adopted country of France.Joyce & Stan Roberts.England.

1 Thank Joystan
savannah
Reviewed 28 July 2008

I find it impossible to believe thay a reviewer found dinner in the chateau disappointing and not good value for money. For us it was by far the best dining experience of our 2 weeks stay. The imposing dining room provided a superb setting for the excellent and imaginative food prepared by Jose and so elegantly served by Diana. We tried 6 other establishments (2 of them Michelin rated) in the area and none of them came close for food quality, ambience, service and price. Our only regret was that we did not eat at home every night

Stayed July 2008
1 Thank worsley
nuneaton
Reviewed 28 July 2008

The Chateau is well appointed with very large bedrooms and attractive bathrooms( all en suite). Reference an earlier review regarding road noise, unless you live in the Outer Hebrides, the road, located below the Chateau, is not noisy and creates no problem for sleeping. The highlight of our stay were the dinners provided by Jose/Diana (Owners). At 45 euros per head including wine for 5 courses, they were great value for money.
The Chateau is well positioned for visiting all Perigord ( 10 mins. to Perigueux) .
I would recommend the Chateau to anybody seeking the best of France

Stayed July 2008
1 Thank jeffstravelsNuneaton
Massachusetts, USA
Reviewed 25 July 2008

The French architect Hector Guimard expressed that "genuine hospitality .... cannot be described, but it is immediately felt". The reality of that statement resonates when one has the good fortune of staying at Chateau de Siorac. My memory is overflowing with all that was absorbed during my week-long stay in June 2008. The images are vivid and rich. From the time of my arrival I was ripe with "listening", eager to hear what secrets the walls of a chateau tracing back to the mid-1500's would share. To my respectful surprise, perhaps the most compelling and indisputable message was realizing the extraordinary and unwavering commitment that the Serranos, the owners, have made in bringing the chateau to its current state of irresistible hospitality. Surely the walls of Chateau de Siorac speak eloquently, inviting guests of today to indulge in the embrace of history, but the results of their labor heighten both the magic and quality of one's stay. Their tenacious attention to detail celebrates the best in taste, graciousness, and congeniality, embedding that message in Chateau' de Siorac's walls going forward! Our party of eight also enjoyed two dinners prepared by the chateau's owners. Each was a culinary delight, reflecting the specialities of the Dordogne region and served with tasteful elegance. What an indulgence to have such personal attention from a skilled and instinctive chef (and his team) right in the dining room of the chateau, where words carved in the stone mantel of fireplace read: "Pax Huic Domui", or translated as "Peace in This House". The property itself is a satisfying temptation as well, offering a pristine swimming pool, charming private patio, lovely gardens and plantings, and horses and goats barned at the end of an idyllic grassy pathway. And the views from the chateau's hillside location are truly picturesque!

Chateau de Siorac is a very special property, and Jose and Diana Serrano are equally special hosts. There is much to explore within easy day trips to other destinations in the Dordogne region, and much to keep one happily content just settling into the ambiance of Chateau de Siorac itself. Treat yourself to a stay!! I am already eager to return.

• Stayed June 2008, travelled with friends
2 Thank Acorn23

Been to Chateau de Siorac? Share your experiences!