“A wonderful surprise”

Ranked #1 of 1 Winchfield B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“A wonderful surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2011

I do not normaly do reviews, but I felt I should do this one. I am so glad I went to The Winchfield Inn cos I nearly didn't go after reading other tripadvisor reviews but all the reviews are brilliant on Late rooms, and Booking.com, so I gave it a try. I was booked in for 2 days, then meant to move to another hotel 20 miles away as my meetings were moving from Hook to Windsor. The Winchfield was so comfy, friendly, warm, clean and accomodating, that I cancelled my other hotel and stayed at The winchfield for 4 days, and commuted the extra mileage.The staff were helpful, polite and could not do enough to help me. It was very much a home from home and I can honestly say that I did not want to go home.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank manmac1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2011

1st impression was "This is small" but there are 17 en suite rooms which were all part of the same building, the bar was cosy and there was a great choice of malts which put a smile on my face. The locals were friendly and the staff were polite. They provided good food which made a change compared to where I stayed in Basingstoke recently. The bed was great, I was surprised at the largeness of the bed for a single it was more like a double. Yes it is situated next to a railway but that didn't bother me as I was working in London the next day. All round very pleased and will use again when in the area.

• Stayed April 2011
2 Thank Heathersausage
Southampton, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2011

I stayed at the Winchfield Inn prior to an important work commitment. The online booking form said bed and breakfast for the price of £70.00 which was prepayed.

The pub had some charm but the decor was cosmetically challenged. The room was clean and bed reasonably comfortable. As for sleeping, good luck. You're near a main train line, a fast road and the place has no sound insulation.

I had an early appointment so asked for breakfast at 0645. They could not accommodate this which meant I was pushed for time. With this in mind I opted for a simple bacon sandwich. Before I could dash out to my important work appointment I was told to pay £6.95 for my bacon sandwich! Yes you read right ......£6.95.

Despite showing the staff member my booking form detailing the bed and breaskfast she would not budge. I very rarely complain but the costing of the room and bacon sandwich were well above what they are worth.

Room Tip: Drink at the pub - and bugger off on the train.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
Birmingham, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2010

Stayed for a family wedding at a neaby venue. Arrived on a Friday evening, and had a lovely meal in the bar. All was great until after our meal, when the landlord appeard. He spent the whole evening having a pop at the staff and arguing with the landlady (who was great). When I chatted to some of the locals outside, they told me that he was always like that. I felt like I was on the set of Coronation Street. I do not go out to watch a domestic!!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank delboy2523
North Yorkshire
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2010

Hotel next to the train line which I was not expecting. Bathroom tiny and the shower base was collapsing. Carpet and bed was good. Sink was too small to have a proper shave in. Some of the fixtures and fittings were a bit tired, such as the sink had different style taps for hot and cold.

Breakfast was not included and at just under £7 I thought it was expensive given that the room had already cost £70.

Will not be staying here again.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Winchfield
Lismoyne Hotel
Tylney Hall
Tylney Hall
#1 of 1 in Rotherwick
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,245 reviews

Been to Winchfield Inn? Share your experiences!