“???”

Ranked #1 of 1 Winchfield B&B and Inns
Marlow, United Kingdom
“???”
Reviewed 13 February 2012

At work we label people to jobs based on personality. My conclusion is that the landlord of this establishment chose the wrong career. I say he would be better suited to a "traffic warden", because he seemed very miserable, and dosn't seem to like people. Not a good trait for a hotelier. Shame.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
diss, norfolk
Reviewed 20 September 2011

i have been staying at the winchfield inn (woodys) on and off for some time. the food is always well prepared and tasty. The staff are pleasant and very accomadating. althought there is a train track near by i hardly notice itbut find it very convienient for travel in to london or to the coast. and lynn the landlandy always makes you feel at home.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 August 2011

Stayed one night to break our journey to cornwall, and would do so again. Room small but clean, bathroom excellent, lovely bath! Staff very friendly and helpful. Only complaint was damp pillows, which they did their best to sort out.

• Stayed August 2011
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 July 2011

I often visit the area as my head office is in Basingstoke so am a frequent visitor and have stayed in many of the surrounding hotels including the Barcelo.. the larger hotels seem to take your business for granted, but not at the Winchfield Inn, I can honestly say over the last few months its been a real pleasure to get to know Pat, Lynn and team here, they are always polite and go out of thier way to make you feel welcome. The rooms have that comfort feel to them and are spotless every time, speaking to some of the people who stay here on a regualr basis you get the feeling that having stayed here once you wont stay anywhere else in the area. The food is incredible, always quick no matter how busy they are and the service at a level that most 5* hotels should aspire too. I have never been kept awake at night through noise and you would never notice that there was a train station near by, that is unless you want to see how convenient it is to get into Basingstoke and back out without the car. To say its value for money doest do it justice. I look forward to coming here which is something I can't say about the generic hotel chains most of us tend to frequent.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank clarkejon
Nantwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2011

I went here on a business trip, staying for 5 nights whilst i did a training course at Highfield Park, about 10 minutes away. I am really glad i chose this place. I was considering the Barcelo hotel a few miles away, purely because it had a pool, but am glad i didnt as i have heard a few bad reviews. Anyway. Firstly, whats all this about "not being flexible" I drove down from Nantwich, near Crewe, to this place, on a Sunday evening, completely misjudged the amount of time it took to get here, and ended up arriving at 11pm. The landlady was still up and let me check in with no problems at all, and went through all the procedures, door codes, meal times, fire alarm stuff etc. Unbelievable commitment.
Again, must pick up on one of the earlier reviews. "noisy"... are you being serious? i could hear a cow fart 3 fields away its that quiet! Yes the odd train goes past, thats what you get for being near a railway.... If that puts you off, you can always buy ear defenders to sleep in... seriously some people... I dont like being warm at night, so i had all 4 windows open. I wake up really easily, but even the trains going past didnt wake me up. The bed was really comfortable, the pillows were like massive marshmallows. The flat screen tv with freeview was brilliant. The toilet and shower was perfect. Never been to a hotel as clean as this. You go to the rooms and they have nice scented candles all day every day, its spotless. The room was cleaned every day without fail. I took my own towel just in case, and they even washed that for me, and returned it all ironed and fresh. I'm sure the landlady doesnt sleep, she doesnt appear to stop. She does everything. Worked behind the bar, made my food, like previously stated, took me to my room at 11pm on a sunday night after checking in, cleaned the rooms, did the towels. Unbelievable. Free wifi internet, plenty of car parking space. If you are looking for somewhere to stay on a business trip, choose this place without fail. Ignore the older reviews, completely wrong. I will DEFINITELY be back next time i come here for the 2nd / 3rd / 4th training courses. I am so happy with my stay, i have ordered the staff a hamper to thank them. Never done that before!

Room Tip: I had room number 15, it was the end room and had windows facing 2 directions. Splendid!
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank nantwiched
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 June 2011

I do not normaly do reviews, but I felt I should do this one. I am so glad I went to The Winchfield Inn cos I nearly didn't go after reading other tripadvisor reviews but all the reviews are brilliant on Late rooms, and Booking.com, so I gave it a try. I was booked in for 2 days, then meant to move to another hotel 20 miles away as my meetings were moving from Hook to Windsor. The Winchfield was so comfy, friendly, warm, clean and accomodating, that I cancelled my other hotel and stayed at The winchfield for 4 days, and commuted the extra mileage.The staff were helpful, polite and could not do enough to help me. It was very much a home from home and I can honestly say that I did not want to go home.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank manmac1
Reviewed 27 May 2011

1st impression was "This is small" but there are 17 en suite rooms which were all part of the same building, the bar was cosy and there was a great choice of malts which put a smile on my face. The locals were friendly and the staff were polite. They provided good food which made a change compared to where I stayed in Basingstoke recently. The bed was great, I was surprised at the largeness of the bed for a single it was more like a double. Yes it is situated next to a railway but that didn't bother me as I was working in London the next day. All round very pleased and will use again when in the area.

• Stayed April 2011
2 Thank Heathersausage
Also consider these accommodations in or near Winchfield
Lismoyne Hotel
Tylney Hall
Tylney Hall
#1 of 1 in Rotherwick
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,261 reviews

Been to Winchfield Inn? Share your experiences!