“Nice hotel - beautiful town”

Residence Casa Vacanze Il Chiostro
Tromso, Norway
“Nice hotel - beautiful town”
Reviewed 15 May 2011

I stayed at Il Chiostro in Suvereto with my wife and two children (8 mths and 3 years) for four weeks in April and May 2011. The town of Suverto is beautiful and charming, but you need a car to get around to major places. In the town there is not much to do with children, but enough if you are content with a quiet vactaion. There are some beautiful beaches 25 minutes away, where we spent a couple of days.

The hotel is situated at a highpoint in the village, so the walk up can be hefty with two children.

We were in the hotel early in the season, which meant the reception had limited opening hours, the hot tub didn't open for a couple of weeks, outdoor benches were being painted whilst we were there etc.

The staff was excellent, they tried to (and accomplished to)) provide for us as guests in every possible way (and since we arrived before the hotel was properly opened for the season, and stayed for so long, we had some requests).

Be aware that the rooms mostly seem to be directed away from the sun / in the shade. Early in the season, that meant the room was quite cold- Our room was also quite dark (little sunlight and small windows). Later in the season when it gets hotter, I guess the shadow can be an advantage.

Our room (Nr 5 - two separate bedrooms) was marketed as "luxurious" - there was nothing luxurious about it. The standard was at best normal. It may have been luxurious 20 years ago when the rooms were built, but not today.

Regarding the town, be aware that even though it it marketed with no cars in the centre, it is more accurate to describe it as limited car-traffic. At times, there was quite a lively traffic in the town.

Overall though, I would recommend the hotel (especially for couples, it works for elderly and families with small children, but I'm not sure I would have traveled to Suvereto with teenagers).

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Harry1977

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 6 July 2009

I have stayed at Il Chiostro every summer since 2003.
I’ve been keeping it a secret to myself, but I figured it’s time to let the rest of the world in on it. I have rented their smallest apartments to their largest, and have never been disappointed. From the moment you arrive, Giulia and Rosalba make you feel as though you are returning home. Located in a beautiful medieval paradise called Suvereto, you exit Il Chiostro and walk 50 meters to the center of town. While also serving as a great central point for day trips to Florence, Siena, Volterra and Elba. Each of my apartments had a complete kitchen, bathroom, living room and a VIEW.
I can’t wait to go back! I can’t say enough good things about it.
Thank you Il Chiostro for keeping me coming back.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Suvereto
Azienda Agricola Bulichella
B&B Belvedere di Suvereto
Bed & Breakfast Suvereto
Bed & Breakfast Suvereto
#6 of 7 in Suvereto

Been to Residence Casa Vacanze Il Chiostro? Share your experiences!