The Westin Resort, Costa Navarino
Artina Hotel(Marathopoli)
  • Pool
  • Bar/Lounge
2,171 results
All reviewsfamily suitewestin resortprivate poolwater parkgreat facilitiesgolf coursekids clubitalian restaurantall agesrock climbingsouvlakikids poolda luigibowling alleyfamily holidaytable tennishalf board
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

In July we have stayed the thursday time at the Westin Costa Navarino. This time for two weeks. We Must really honour the work of Mr Codray Ressort Manager and the New Hotel Manager from Portugal. We found Service has improved a lot compared to last year where we had mixed feelings. Friendliness of Staff unbeatable. All our wishes fullfilled without questioning. Our concern that the service would go down after a few years - it us the contrarary all changed for the better. SPG Status more then recognized. The New Concept with brekky at Breeze is very good especially with the friendlyness of Thalassis?? and his team. If we could we take them home. For the prices paid it is reasonable. First see where you are in the middle of nowhere. Second the high quality delivered. It is not a HoJo. Result we will come back and Look forward in seeing Mr Cottray again and Thank him for his work to keep this Resort up to the expected Standard. Thank you for the hospitality.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Rosolaccio
M_Cottray, General Manager at The Westin Resort, Costa Navarino, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear Rosolaccio,
Thank you for your review posted on TripAdvisor and for your support and encouraging note regarding the level of service delivered during your recent stay. It is with gratitude I accept your compliments regarding myself and our new Hotel Manager, Markus Laahanen. I will pass your motivating comments to the team, as all of us here at The Westin Resort, Costa Navarino, try to serve every guest’s needs, and it is encouraging to see that our efforts have paid off. Again I wish to thank you for your kind comments and hope to have the pleasure of meeting when visiting again in the future. With Best Regards, Michel Cottray, Complex General Manager

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed as a family of 6 in 2 rooms. Our children are 6yrs and 2yrs and we had my husband's parents with us.

We asked our travel agent for a holiday with warm weather, somewhere we would feel welcomed with kids rather than just tolerated, a beach and a swimming pool with a slide with enough luxury to keep grandparents happy. She gave us that with bells on!

Our rooms were beautiful and always very clean. There was plenty to keep everyone happy with the three generations having very different requirements for what makes a perfect holiday. Firstly the kids - a choice of several pools, the aqua park or the sea for cooling off meant they were never bored. Although the hotel seemed to be busy, we always managed to find a couple if sun loungers at whichever pool we came to at whatever time. The aqua park was great fun, and the lifeguards on the slides were always making my daughter laugh when she was queuing (whilst appearing professional and taking the safety side of things seriously too!). This was the first time we've used a kids club at a hotel and we were impressed with the range of activities the professional, friendly, multilingual staff were engaging the children in. Despite reservations by all on the first day, our daughter couldn't wait to go back the next day and both children seemed very happy! Due to the age gap they had to go to different clubs on opposite sides of the grounds which was a minor nuisance. In the evenings the restaurants around the agora were fantastic for us - while the four adults sat and enjoyed a leisurely meal, the children played in the square with another 10-20 children either side of their meal. The only note of caution to this is that there are some quite big steps that were a bit tricky for the 2yr old although this didn't cause us any problem in the end as he found his way to the smaller steps. For days when everyone was a bit more tired, Morias (the buffet restaurant) gave good variety, delicious food and quick service.

Next, the grandparents: their room was a bit smaller but no less luxurious. They enjoyed the tranquility of the gorgeous beach far more than the pools - although there were still a lot of families enjoying the beach it seemed much quieter than the pools. The water was incredibly clear and the beach seemed very clean. The grandparents loved the restaurant on the beach.

Us - with the kids and grandparents all content we had the best holiday we've ever had together. We had every intention of using the spa, getting better at stand up paddle boarding and venturing out into the surrounding area but in the end the week slipped by without us managing any of these as we were so content with the beach, the pools and the grounds. The grounds of the hotel are very well maintained with huge flower beds of lavender, rosemary and olive trees (plus many more flowers) - the scent in the air as we wandered round in the sunshine was lovely.

The only problem we had was the Mosquitos, particularly at dusk when when we were sat outside for dinner, the hotel is doing what it can with fly screens in the balcony doors, citronella candle in the restaurants and having small tubes of bite gel freely available (it arrived in our room moments after requesting it from reception).

All of the staff we met were friendly and helpful. I hope we have the opportunity to go back again!

Things we would do differently if going again -
1. we would go half/full board, not just b&b. The hotel seems quite isolated so our concern that we would waste money on being half board due to eating meals out was completely unfounded and food and drink seemed relatively expensive.
2. We would not get SPG kids bands - for 25 euros/day per child we thought this would be economical but actually the 2yr old barely are due to the heat and 1 meal between them would probably have been sufficient. Between that, choosing to eat at restaurants that weren't included and forgetting to point them out when asking for the bill we felt that for us it was a complete waste of money for us. I think if you have bigger/hungrier kids and are happy to restrict yourself to the few restaurants included they are probably good value we were just a bit stupid about it.
3. We would actually use the spa/watersports/go sightseeing.

Apologies for the length of this review - the bottom line is that we had a perfect family holiday and would love to go back.

• Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank Janet B
claire s, General Manager at The Westin Resort, Costa Navarino, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear Janet B,
Thank for your detailed comments. I am indeed very pleased to read that you were charmed by our landscape and that you and your family had such a great time at The Westin Resort, Costa Navarino. From your comments it looks that you made an excellent use of the facilities. Of course I have shared your impressions with our F&B Manager, in order to find better solutions and improve our services. I am very glad to hear that you will be visiting us again! Thank you once more for your valuable feedback. with Best Regards, Michel Cottray Complex General Manager

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

We have a few days to go on a 14 day holiday but thought I would share my current thoughts so maybe the management can take them into consideration ....
It is a beautiful new hotel complex with lots of good facilities and high end restaurants . However it is an expensive place so this heightens Any negatives such as...

- breakfast not up to high standard - eg omelette and egg station is v poor and need much better cooks there as they over cook them . Also need more fresh vegetables . Tomatoes are soft and inedible by 1030am . Better hot options needed as not great quality so you don't have much choice in hot food in morning . Potatoes are tasteless as our the small sausages

- service in restaurants is very inconsistent - we went to inbi which is superb but very expensive but service was poor - drinks took ages to arrive and they forgot one drink . Food is superb but service does not match - not staffs fault as I think they're understaffed and also no strong manger there on the day to crack the whip.

Generally get te feeling they need to sell more to make money so always being asked for expensive aperitifs before you have a chance to sit down

Overall it's a very relaxing and luxurious resort which is definitiely worth trying but they need to sort out some of above so people feel the price is justified . Most people are middle class who don't mind paying for luxury but don't like being taken for a ride as I felt on a number of occasions ....

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank hadleyking

Dear hadleyking,
Thank you for your feedback. I have noted your comments regarding your dining experience in our dining outlets and I will discuss them with the team in order to improve our service and quality. Rest assured that we take your review very seriously and we all here work to continually improve our guests’ experiences. I hope that you are enjoying the remaining of your holiday with us. With Best Regards, Michel Cottray Complex General Manager

Reviewed 9 August 2014

This is a beautiful hotel. It reminds me of Mexico a little. Very kid friendly. It has a great water park that my kids had a blast at and quite a few pools to choose from (my favorite was the pool where you can swim to the bar). Overall, it's very family oriented. If I was only with my husband, I don't think I would choose to come here though. There are kids everywhere. Since we are Greek and travel often to Greece, we didn't care too much for the Greek band playing and the belly dancer. Although, I do understand that tourists enjoy this type of entertainment. So every night we drove to the town of Gialova for dinner to get the true Greek experience. The last night we drove to Pylos and ate there. It was absolutely beautiful. This is the way we like to enjoy Greece, the way the Greeks do. My favorite part of the hotel was the beachside 80 minute private massage I had with Dorothea. It was absolutely heavenly hearing the waves crashing and the locusts singing. She spoke just enough and allowed me to relax. Her pressure was mere perfection. The only negative part about this hotel was that we had to pay for internet which is ridiculous since you can get free wifi almost anywhere. Pretty petty considering how much money we spent there.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank BBM73
claire s, General Manager at The Westin Resort, Costa Navarino, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear BBM73,
Thank you for your review posted on TripAdvisor. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and grateful for your kind feedback. With Best Regards, Michel Cottray Complex General Manager

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Next week we'll be returning to this hotel for the fourth time, the last time we were there was last August in peak season. We've stayed at lots of five star hotels in Greece and this is one of the best we've stayed at in terms of the all round experience, which is what counts.

The totally unspoiled location, beautiful views and the facilities, including the available sports, are fantastic, and although you can't really walk to the nearest villages and the other beautiful beaches in the vicinity, they are only a short bike or car ride away. So you're not cut off unless you want to be. We're hiring a car so that we can occasionally eat at the local tavernas and visit other beaches - although I have to say the huge hotel beach is great too - and the many archeological sites.

We found the hotel beach perfectly safe for swimming, there can be some waves (unlike the other nearby beaches which are shallower for longer) but our nine-year old son loved them and we went kayaking too.

People will always complain about the service at hotels, whether five star or otherwise. We've never had cause to complain and the staff have always been very friendly and welcoming. Yes, sometimes your room doesn't get cleaned as early as you might like (I can't remember if there's a later turn down service, but I don't like that anyway as we're usually using the bathroom at that time). And yes, the breakfast service isn't as relaxing as it could and should be in high season, as there are too many people to cater for at the peak time. These are the only two points I'd make and I'd recommend that the hotel open one of the other restaurants at breakfast time in high season, which is what some other hotels do. The Italian restaurant in the Agora would be ideal given its size and the plentiful outdoor seating. This would really improve the customer experience for those of us who sadly find it difficult to get up early enough to avoid the usual breakfast rush!

Room Tip: We've always had a premium suite with sea view - which are great.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Dear JoLewis2014,
Thank you for very kind support and your loyalty! I am grateful for your comments that I am distributing to the team and very pleased to hear that you will be coming for the fifth time. Looking forward to welcoming you next week. With Best Regards, Michel Cottray Complex General Manager