We stayed just one night in a Relais room and found the hotel a very relaxing place to be. Very hot weather meant we made use of both pools and enjoyed sunning ourselves on the loungers surrounding the pools.
Our room was beautifully appointed, with lots of space and a stunning wet room shower. We had a very comfortable bed and very efficient air conditioning, a must given the high temperatures. we enjoyed a very good night's sleep
We ate dinner from the set menu in the brasserie and enjoyed our choices, dessert wasn't quite as good as the excellent starter and main course, Total cost including wine and aperitifs was €130, not cheap but an enjoyable treat as we dined out on the terrace.
We also ate lunch in the brasserie the following day and once again enjoyed our choices, a wonderful smoked salmon and prawn salad and a cheese and ham omelette with fries.
We didn't sample the breakfast menu, at €19 per person we felt it was too over priced as we were still full from dinner and only wanted coffee and a croissant!
Having arrived stressed from a busy week we left Chateau de Vigiers much more relaxed and ready to enjoy our stay in France.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Chateau des Vigiers, luxury hotel golf & spa Luxury hotels, golf and spa situated in the Dordogne, near Bordeaux, Saint-Emilion and Bergerac, South West France Member of Small Luxury Hotels of the WorldDating back to the 16th century and set amidst the famous vineyards of this beautiful and unspoiled region, Chateau des Vigiers is an internationally renowned luxury Hotel, Golf and Spa situated in the Dordogne Perigord region of South West France. Conveniently located just 25 minutes from Bergerac Airport and about an hour east of Bordeaux, Chateau des Vigiers offers its guests two uniquely different hotel experiences, tailored to individual tastes and requirements. Whether you want to tour the world-famous vineyards of Bordeaux and Saint-Emilion, play golf on our impressive 27-hole course, enjoy our region's finest food and wine, or be pampered in our Maria Galland Beauty Spa, you will be able to escape the fast-pace of everyday life in this secluded and tranquil setting. Your Chateau des Vigiers experience awaits. Step inside... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Chateau des Vigiers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau Des Vigiers Hotel Monestier
- Chateau Des Vigiers Monestier