“Charming Country B&B”
Review of Riverside Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Camerton
Riverside Lodge
Ranked #2 of 3 Camerton B&B and Inns
Austin, Texas
“Charming Country B&B”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

We recently spent 3 nights at the Riverside Lodge with Alan and Karen, the charming hosts and proprietors. The location is lovely, well located for visiting Bath and other surrounding villages. The bed and bath facilities were great with plenty of room and privacy. For visitors unfamiliar with the area, the best part was the helpful advice and suggestions of our knowledgeable hosts. We were grateful for information about the car park and most especially for suggestions to see villages off the beaten track. Breakfast was lovely and the choices from "full english" to continental were all delicious (especially the pain au chocolat). I would definitely recommend to others.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
501KarenB, Owner at Riverside Lodge, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
It was a pleasure having you both stay with us

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Tavira, Portugal
Reviewed 8 April 2014

We had quite a job to find this B&B. Postcode sent us to the next road along. Parking was a bit of a juggling act. Obviously not a dedicated B&B as our room, supposedly a double ( well it had a double bed in...just!) had a wardrobe half full of someone else's clothes + a fold up bed + linen. Barely room to walk round the bed. Our bathroom, which was perfectly adequate, although a little antiquated, was next door in the corridor. There were tea and coffee making facilities in the room + fruit which was nice. No WiFi, no mobile phone signal and the picture / reception on our TV which we didn't watch much kept breaking up. Also noticed, no smoke alarms or fire instructions which I would have thought were mandatory.(2nd night we couldn't get the window open which was a little worrying) Breakfast, very nice but had to ordered the night before, something one doesn't always want to do! NOT good value for money, bearing in mind other B&Bs around.

Room Tip: No choice offered. I suspect the rooms are occupied by the owners when no visitors there.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Farnham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I think we must have been staying at a different B&B from other reviewers. Firstly, our hosts were indeed friendly and pleasant BUT the house is hard to find as the postcode took us to a different road. This house is not marked as a B&B and we had a frustrating time asking around the village if anyone had heard of it. Parking is very tight , at an angle at the top of a Close. If the three rooms are booked I'm not sure where one would park as little on -road parking around. However, my main complaint is that our room and bathroom, although large , were tired and the thing I liked least was the fact that it was obvious, that rather than being a dedicated guest bedroom , it was obviously the owner's own bedroom and bathroom. I am not happy with this concept. We did have an issue with cleanliness but that was quickly resolved. Not a place I would recommend. The price was too high for the room on offer although breakfast was quite adequate. We were told we would be able to use iPad but that was not possible as no wifi. There was also no mobile signal but that is just being in a valley.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank J H
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 4 January 2014

My boyfriend and I wanted to stay slightly off Bath City Centre to avoid the expensive parking cost but close enough so that it will be convenient for going in and out of the city. Riverside Lodge is a great base for our shopping trips. Quaint house with quintessentially English decor which was nice. Beautiful dog Hattie who is simply charming.

We stayed for 2 nights over New Year's, and unfortunately my boyfriend and I were both feeling under the weather (probably due to overindulgence in our previous travels) and stayed in for New Year's Eve. Karen was so kind to invite us to join her dinner party which we were regretful to turn down. Also, really helpful recommendations for nice places to shop/eat/sightsee - whichever suits your fancy. Just wished we had more time to visit all the places she recommended.

Our room had private external facilities. Bathroom was adequate though a little well worn around the edges. Also, there is no WIFI, but if you bring a laptop there is a cable which connects you to the internet,

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I was attending a friend's wedding at Priston Mills and struggling to find accommodation, but luckily for me and my other half that another local B&B recommended the Riverside Lodge. I can safely say that it is possibly one of the best B&B's that I have ever stayed at. The venue was actually wonderful with great customer service shown from Alan and Karen, especially the breakfast that Karen cooked for us in the morning. The experience has made us want to take another trip to Camerton to stay there again. The icing on the cake was Karen even dropped us into Bath when she was heading that way, as we needed to get a train back to London. My partner and I would definitely tell anyone that the Riverside Lodge is a place worth staying at.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank James E
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 October 2013

This is a great place to stay and Karen is the best! Her breakfast was a great way to start the day. The house is fabulous and the springer spaniels are very friendly. The rooms were stocked with water, tea, coffee, fruit, linens, and everything else you might need.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Espoo, Finland
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I was taking part in a training at nearby Tilley Farm in Farmborough and stayed six nights with Karen and Allen: a wonderfully friendly and helpful couple who run the Riverside Lodge in Camerton, Bath. I was picked up at the railway station, was served great meals, slept well and was given lifts to the Tilley Farm and back. They will advise you with other places to see, and eating out - practically anything would possibly need. The internet connection worked fine. Do not get hesitating by a shared bathroom: it was always vacant and shining when I wanted it, like my own. Felt homey and welcome, can recommend and will be back.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Camerton
The Old Malt House
King William Inn
King William Inn
#1 of 1 in Tunley
Lavender Cottage Bed & Breakfast

Been to Riverside Lodge? Share your experiences!