Golf Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
Abbey Arms Hotel(New Abbey)
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
The Globe Hotel(Cockermouth)
View Hotel
All reviewsgolf tripcarvery lunchenjoyable stayroom was spaciouscompliments to the chefhuge bathroomreal alesolway coasthaggisset us up for the dayfour posterlovely mealstayed for one nightsea viewfull englishcouldn't faultcooked breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Annual golf trip to Silloth. September 2013. Two nights B &B at the Golf Hotel

Having stayed at the Golf Hotel previously I was pleasantly surprised on this year's annual golfing trip to find that the ensuite bathroom in my room had recently been updated. Apparently all rooms have been given a welcome facelift.

The room was spacious, very clean and the bed comfortable, although I don't think my golfing partner had the same experience being allocated a tiny single room with just a shower in the ensuite. Seeing as though we were thw only two residents this was unecessary I think.

As usual the breakfast was as good as any you would get in any standard of hotel. Full english had everything and it was cooked to perfection. If you didn't want the full monty then there was plenty of other options .

Fresh fruit, Juices and cereal were readily available and the service excellent.

Good basic accomodation at a reasonable price with the only fault being my mates tiny bedroom.

Room Tip: Ask for a bathroom
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
GaryConlan, General Manager at Golf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2013

Thank you for posting your recent review.

Glad to hear you had an enjoyable stay with us and enjoyed your free upgrades to our recently refurbished guest bedrooms. You had in fact booked two standard single rooms through booking .com. your golfing partner was allocated a single as per request which has just undergone a complete upgrade of all furnishings fixtures and fittings and stunning new en suite.
Great to hear you enjoyed your breakfasts and the selection available was appropriate for your needs.

Please return again soon.

Reviewed 21 September 2013

Have visited The Golf Hotel twice this year and must admit on both occasions the meals have been very good. I visited last week and had a meal of scampi and chips and must admit the quality of the scampi and the way the chips were cooked was excellent. Also they had real ale in the bar, another plus, and the pint of Parsons Pledge was excellent. When I am in Silloth again, I'll make a point of visiting The Golf Hotel as the meals and customer service are very good.
For people with cars, unlike most other places in Cumbria these days, all the parking in Silloth is free and easy to find a parking place.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for posting your recent review.

Its great to hear you returned and on both occasions you enjoyed your meals with us.
We always keep our local ale on tap as its always very popular.
I have passed on your very kind comments to my team and we all look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 12 September 2013

After cycling 60 miles in the pouring rain, my 2 girlfriends and I checked into The Golf Hotel in Silloth, dripping wet. Our first priority was to lock our bikes in a safe place and this has to be the best bike storage I've come across in a hotel (about a dozen proper bike racks in a spacious dry room). Our room for 3 was lovely (one double bed, one good-size single or 3/4 bed), with crisp white bed linen, and a good size bathroom. We had asked if we could dry our soaking gear somewhere but that wasn't necessary as there were plenty of places to hang our clothes in the room and in addition to the central heating, an extra heater. We ate in the restaurant and had a fantastic meal; gammon steak and loads of crisp veg & chunky chips for me and seafood platter for my 2 friends. The wine was beautifully chilled and the staff were all very friendly and helpful. Although the hotel is a little in need of a cash-injection (to deal with some areas of damp in the breakfast room and give the place a bit of a face-lift) we would all definitely recommend it (especially to cyclists doing the Hadrian's Cycleway).

Room Tip: We had a room at the front of the hotel and although there were ear-plugs provided with the room (which worried us a little!), there was no need for them and we all commented on the comfortable beds.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
GaryConlan, General Manager at Golf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2013

Thank you for posting your recent review.

I am so glad you were impressed with our large dry cycle storage room, we also have one adjacent for our golfing guests. Its great to hear you found your room large enough for the three of you and enjoyed crisp linen bedding also your bathroom to be spacious.
Delighted you all enjoyed your meals and your wine was at correct temperature. My team are delighted you found them to all be friendly and helpful.
We are in the process of planning our next phase of refreshment.

Please return again soon.

Reviewed 11 September 2013

Shoved in an attic and asked for another room, only to be told be had to wait a couple of hours to see if this was possible. Rundown, dirty not in nice part of town. Next to an amusement arcade. We decided not to stay and wandered up the road to The Queens Hotel which was amazing. Will write a separate review for this hotel. Would never stay here!

Room Tip: Def not an attic room no windows.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank cabain

Thank you for posting your recent review.

We are not in the business of shoving our guests, unfortunately you were allocated the last room available as the hotel was fully booked. You had booked a standard twin through booking.com where it clearly states all standard rooms are on the second floor. Your room did in fact have a window as do all our guest rooms. Your room was cleaned prior to your arrival, and is due for refurbishment in our planned next phase. Please allow me to redeem my self by offering you a free upgrade on your next visit to one of our delightful first floor executive rooms.

Reviewed 10 September 2013

Patricia and myself would very much like to thank you and all the staff at The Golf Hotel for making our stay so happy. We were very impressed by the standard of the accommodation and the friendliness and efficiency of the staff - and the food is absolutely first class! I have spent time in many hotels, both in England and Europe, many have been 5-star - but none of them have matched the quality on offer at The Golf Hotel...

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
GaryConlan, General Manager at Golf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2013

Thanks for posting your recent review.

Delighted to hear you had such a happy stay and you found my team friendly and efficient. I am so glad to hear you really enjoyed your food, I have shared your lovely comments with my team and we are all looking forward to your return visit.