“brill sunday lunch”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Silloth
Carlisle, United Kingdom
“brill sunday lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

On a cold sunday we decided to go for lunch to the golf hotel.The staff are so pleasant and friendly your made to feel very welcolme the carvery lunch was excellent too.It a sunday heaven just to relax.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sioux888
GaryConlan, General Manager at Golf Hotel, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
Thanks for posting your recent review.

Glad to hear my team are pleasant, friendly and made you feel very welcome and you enjoyed your excellent Sunday lunch.

We look forward to your return visit.

Gary P Conlan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
wigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

I took a 3 night break here at The Golf Hotel in late November 12 as a present from my daughters for my 50th birthday.I travelled alone and they had booked me into the executive room right in the top corner....the room was spacious, warm and comfortable with the best bed ive ever slept in in my life.The bathroom was divine with a roll top free standing bath which i used every night with several glasses of champagne,scented candles etc...all presents from friends to take with me. On arrival the flowers and chocolates and more champagne ordered and paid for in advance by my daughters were waiting for me. Food was very good, wine was even better though I never wanted to order a whole bottle to myself the wine by the glass was a tad overpriced....breakfast was always lovely ( all the works )...get yourself down to the headland behind the lifeboat station at sunset.......breathtaking views.....ah the memories....almost 1 year on...just been prompted to write a review as recieved an email from The Golf...

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
GaryConlan, General Manager at Golf Hotel, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Thank you for posting your recent albeit belated review.

Its great to hear you had such an enjoyable stay with us and thought your bed to be the best that you had ever slept in. Nice to hear you enjoyed your free standing roll top bath and enjoyed both your evening meals and breakfasts. I can only apologise if you thought our wine by the glass was a tad on the expensive side. Nice to know you have lasting good memories.

We all look forward to your next visit.

cumbria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013

Been for lunch again today lovely carvery looking forward to the next one and lunch new year. Can't beat the food. Took the kids and they had the fish fingers and chip's they were well impressed il be having them next time I go for a mid week lunch brilliant food.

• Stayed October 2013
GaryConlan, General Manager at Golf Hotel, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Thank you for posting your recent review.

Its great to hear your family were all impressed with their brilliant meals.

I have shared your very kind comments with my team and we all look forward to your next visit.

Kind regards.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013 via mobile

We were staying at Stanwix and decided to take Sunday lunch at this hotel. At first we were unsure of what we would get, but it' was one of the best choices of the weekend I had a wonderful carvery lunch and my wife lasagne. Both meals were adequate and lovely. We found this to be a real hidden gem, and next time we are in Silloth we will definitely be visiting again.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank JpaulR68
GaryConlan, General Manager at Golf Hotel, responded to this review, 27 September 2013
Thanks for posting such a lovely review.

Its great to hear you enjoyed your lunches with us.
I have shared your very kind comments with my team and we all look forward to your return visit.

Durham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

Annual golf trip to Silloth. September 2013. Two nights B &B at the Golf Hotel

Having stayed at the Golf Hotel previously I was pleasantly surprised on this year's annual golfing trip to find that the ensuite bathroom in my room had recently been updated. Apparently all rooms have been given a welcome facelift.

The room was spacious, very clean and the bed comfortable, although I don't think my golfing partner had the same experience being allocated a tiny single room with just a shower in the ensuite. Seeing as though we were thw only two residents this was unecessary I think.

As usual the breakfast was as good as any you would get in any standard of hotel. Full english had everything and it was cooked to perfection. If you didn't want the full monty then there was plenty of other options .

Fresh fruit, Juices and cereal were readily available and the service excellent.

Good basic accomodation at a reasonable price with the only fault being my mates tiny bedroom.

Room Tip: Ask for a bathroom
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
GaryConlan, General Manager at Golf Hotel, responded to this review, 25 September 2013
Thank you for posting your recent review.

Glad to hear you had an enjoyable stay with us and enjoyed your free upgrades to our recently refurbished guest bedrooms. You had in fact booked two standard single rooms through booking .com. your golfing partner was allocated a single as per request which has just undergone a complete upgrade of all furnishings fixtures and fittings and stunning new en suite.
Great to hear you enjoyed your breakfasts and the selection available was appropriate for your needs.

Please return again soon.

Whitehaven, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2013

Have visited The Golf Hotel twice this year and must admit on both occasions the meals have been very good. I visited last week and had a meal of scampi and chips and must admit the quality of the scampi and the way the chips were cooked was excellent. Also they had real ale in the bar, another plus, and the pint of Parsons Pledge was excellent. When I am in Silloth again, I'll make a point of visiting The Golf Hotel as the meals and customer service are very good.
For people with cars, unlike most other places in Cumbria these days, all the parking in Silloth is free and easy to find a parking place.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Thank you for posting your recent review.

Its great to hear you returned and on both occasions you enjoyed your meals with us.
We always keep our local ale on tap as its always very popular.
I have passed on your very kind comments to my team and we all look forward to your next visit.

Edinburgh
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013

After cycling 60 miles in the pouring rain, my 2 girlfriends and I checked into The Golf Hotel in Silloth, dripping wet. Our first priority was to lock our bikes in a safe place and this has to be the best bike storage I've come across in a hotel (about a dozen proper bike racks in a spacious dry room). Our room for 3 was lovely (one double bed, one good-size single or 3/4 bed), with crisp white bed linen, and a good size bathroom. We had asked if we could dry our soaking gear somewhere but that wasn't necessary as there were plenty of places to hang our clothes in the room and in addition to the central heating, an extra heater. We ate in the restaurant and had a fantastic meal; gammon steak and loads of crisp veg & chunky chips for me and seafood platter for my 2 friends. The wine was beautifully chilled and the staff were all very friendly and helpful. Although the hotel is a little in need of a cash-injection (to deal with some areas of damp in the breakfast room and give the place a bit of a face-lift) we would all definitely recommend it (especially to cyclists doing the Hadrian's Cycleway).

Room Tip: We had a room at the front of the hotel and although there were ear-plugs provided with the room (wh...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
GaryConlan, General Manager at Golf Hotel, responded to this review, 13 September 2013
Thank you for posting your recent review.

I am so glad you were impressed with our large dry cycle storage room, we also have one adjacent for our golfing guests. Its great to hear you found your room large enough for the three of you and enjoyed crisp linen bedding also your bathroom to be spacious.
Delighted you all enjoyed your meals and your wine was at correct temperature. My team are delighted you found them to all be friendly and helpful.
We are in the process of planning our next phase of refreshment.

Please return again soon.

Gary P Conlan

Also consider these accommodations in or near Silloth
Queensberry Arms Hotel
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,568 reviews
Overwater Hall
Overwater Hall
#1 of 1 in Ireby

Been to Golf Hotel? Share your experiences!