Good heavens this site must be the worst site I have ever visited all credit to the staff who made it bearable. Who ever owns this site should be very thankful to the best staff ever, I cant be bothered moaning as people have to make their own minds up but here is a list of faults we had:
-No hot water, had to move
-dog poo in the sand pit, watched a lady let her dog poo on the grass verge, she was from the private area through the bollards, asked her to remove it but had 2 fingers thrust at me!
- pool shut for lunch 1pm - 2pm whats that about!! do they need the staff else where???
- after a long day pool closed at 5pm!! Rubbish!!
-cafe only open morning and evening
you make your own mind up but this site badly needs updating, however I know of peoples resilience in that we make the best of a bad thing!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Price Range: £-££ Visit England Rating: 3 stars Types of accommodation: Apartments, Camping, Chalets, Lodges and Caravan Holiday Homes Situated in one of the most beautiful corners of England Lake District, Solway Holiday Village offers you the perfect setting for your family holiday, and is ideally situated for exploring the Northern Lakes,Gretna Green, Carlisle and Hadrian's Wall. There is something for everyone, with the emphasis on family fun. There are good facilities, including a fabulous heated indoor pool, entertainment complex, all-weather sports facilities and beautiful parkland covering over 130 acres and only 100m from the sea. The nearby Victorian seaside town of Silloth is within walking distance of the park and Silloth Championship Golf Course . ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Solway Holiday Village Hotel Silloth
- Solway Holiday Village Wigton
- Solway Holiday Village Hotel Wigton
- Solway Holiday Village Silloth, Cumbria