Just returned back from a 3 day stay with my 10 family members including 2 under 3's and 3 7-10 year old kids! FIRSTLY the bad review are very harsh nothing like what we experienced!
After reading the awful reviews i was very dubius about staying at this site especially with the all shining stanwix just minutes away! However we were pleasent suprised on arriving at the park we were explained everything by reception including set pool times due to busy season booking and presented with a free bottle of wine!
The chalet - 8 man chalet with hot tub :) yes there were a
Few minor decor issues couple of cracks in paint and dodgey shower BUT it was clean spasious and the hot tub was amazing! Very pleased with this room 3 bedrooms a large living area with 3 sofas and table and a big kitchen what more could you need!? It did just what we needed for us all including a 3 month old baby! No quarms.
Touring pitch- mother n father stayed on here. No flooding spacious pitch however would advise asking to be away from the farm as theres a noises resident woodpecker!
Food- average pub food, service quick and friendly. All food hot and to standard. Fairly priced also.
Pool- as we stayed in easter pool times were in sessions which worked out brilliant! No fighting for changing rooms and no cramming in the pool. Very clean and 2 lifeguards on hand at all times. Only thing that was a downside there is no slide for kiddies.
Nightbar- very good size as i have a 3 year old was so easy to keep an eye on him. Kids stuff starts at 7 so no early 5:30 starts like some places! Entertainer was a bit of an attituded idiot but guess he was tired with a busy easter goood entertainment, comedians, kids games, bingo, music, karaoke what more do ppl want!? Two things i wasnt too impressed with there is no lift to this bar so carrying a buggy up to flights of stairs n down not the best! No bottle warming in bar or baby changing had to change my son in buggy or take out in the cold to the other food area!!
Shop- basic does not sell bread (slightly annoying)
The surrounding area is a lovely seaside town we ventured down the prom to the amusement fair and to a large carboot only 5 mins away brill for kids and adults too!
Overally was suprised after these harsh reviews lovely place lovely holiay and would not hesitate to return again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Price Range: £-££ Visit England Rating: 3 stars Types of accommodation: Apartments, Camping, Chalets, Lodges and Caravan Holiday Homes Situated in one of the most beautiful corners of England Lake District, Solway Holiday Village offers you the perfect setting for your family holiday, and is ideally situated for exploring the Northern Lakes,Gretna Green, Carlisle and Hadrian's Wall. There is something for everyone, with the emphasis on family fun. There are good facilities, including a fabulous heated indoor pool, entertainment complex, all-weather sports facilities and beautiful parkland covering over 130 acres and only 100m from the sea. The nearby Victorian seaside town of Silloth is within walking distance of the park and Silloth Championship Golf Course . ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with PitchUp so you can book your Solway Holiday Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Solway Holiday Village Hotel Silloth
- Solway Holiday Village Wigton
- Solway Holiday Village Hotel Wigton
- Solway Holiday Village Silloth, Cumbria