Entrance said it all wished I had turned round and left.
Our hearts sanked at the state of the place, but we had hoped by getting settled in it wouldn't be as bad as we put it down too being tired and spending over 6hrs on the road. We were welcomed and was given a free bottle of wine urmmmmm needed a few to numb you or prepare you who knows.
We found our lodge only too find there was no where to park the car, plus our main view was a tennis court and our bedroom view broken old tiles and concrete looked more like a dumping ground. It was also near the main turning point for all the campers with there vans so very noisy.
The lodge was dirty, the sofa was stained the doors were all chipped and broken the fan in the kitchen had never seen a dish cloth and there was no blinds on the toilet and kitchen window so any one could see in at night. The tv was pre dated and the volume was poor. The hot tub was set badly out side you had too walk around where you could be seen by every one and it wasn't appealing to say the least.
To top it of we took a short walk up to the main complex and there was cigarette butts every where, the restaurant was closed but all the dirty pots were still on the tables.
The arcade was dark and dirty and some of the machines had no prizes in them and were very run down,my kids were heart broken and very disappointed. The pool we could only use for an hour so didn't even go look at it.
I went too complain but the staff behind reception were too busy eating her sandwich.
Found they were no help and left very angry and upset.
The whole place needs more than a lick of paint it needs a bomb under it all and a complete rebuild.
How any one could like it here amazes me all I can say is they need too get out more.
Even the kids staying there had foul mouths swearing and were very rude, and I have 2 of my own but I brought them up better than that and couldn't subject them to that any longer.
We packed our cases and left.
We complained to Hoseasons who finally got us moved, it was the worse 12hrs stay ever and the park had the nerve too charge us for a nights stay.
PLEASE PLEASE NEVER GO HEAR. Our holiday was cut short but we ended up in the most beautiful place in the end thanks too a brilliant staff member at Hoseasons customer services.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Price Range: £-££ Visit England Rating: 3 stars Types of accommodation: Apartments, Camping, Chalets, Lodges and Caravan Holiday Homes Situated in one of the most beautiful corners of England Lake District, Solway Holiday Village offers you the perfect setting for your family holiday, and is ideally situated for exploring the Northern Lakes,Gretna Green, Carlisle and Hadrian's Wall. There is something for everyone, with the emphasis on family fun. There are good facilities, including a fabulous heated indoor pool, entertainment complex, all-weather sports facilities and beautiful parkland covering over 130 acres and only 100m from the sea. The nearby Victorian seaside town of Silloth is within walking distance of the park and Silloth Championship Golf Course . ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Solway Holiday Village Hotel Silloth
- Solway Holiday Village Wigton
- Solway Holiday Village Hotel Wigton
- Solway Holiday Village Silloth, Cumbria