we went to the solway holiday village april 2010,we stayed in the buttermere chalet +,our group had 4 adults & 4 children & we absolutely loved it!!!
the chalet was very clean with 3 big bedrooms & a comfy sofabed in the lounge area,fully fitted kitchen with everything you need & bathroom with shower & bath,the living area was large & airy,we had a fenced outdoor area with decking around the hot-tub & picnic bench all pathed & private. overall the chalets could do with being updated,but as i say perfectly clean & useable! In the main areas theres a lovely indoor swimming pool & gym (could do with an update,but still clean & enjoyable)fab arcades,pooltables ects,good bar areas & plenty of outdoor seating.The kids soft play is good with ballpools slides ect,the outdoor park is really good too with zipslide, slides,swings ect,large sand pit & crazy golf! theres a large night club area & also an over 18s bar along with another main sports bar with flat screen tvs for sports ect! also a launderette if needed? theres a little farm where there are many free roaming animals pigs,deers ect,also a golf corse,the little corner shop has everything you need & is reasonably priced ,DONT LISTEN to the bad reviews its much better than they makeout i was worried about going when i saw the bad reviews but we all honestly loved it & will be going back!!! I highly recommend a chalet with a hottub the kids (& adults) loved it, so if you can afford the extra do!
there is sandy beaches( just ask a local),15 mins max walk from main holiday area
p.s no not near the lakedistrict infact 50 miles away from main lakes,but as a fellow cumbrian i knew this
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Price Range: £-££ Visit England Rating: 3 stars Types of accommodation: Apartments, Camping, Chalets, Lodges and Caravan Holiday Homes Situated in one of the most beautiful corners of England Lake District, Solway Holiday Village offers you the perfect setting for your family holiday, and is ideally situated for exploring the Northern Lakes,Gretna Green, Carlisle and Hadrian's Wall. There is something for everyone, with the emphasis on family fun. There are good facilities, including a fabulous heated indoor pool, entertainment complex, all-weather sports facilities and beautiful parkland covering over 130 acres and only 100m from the sea. The nearby Victorian seaside town of Silloth is within walking distance of the park and Silloth Championship Golf Course . ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with PitchUp so you can book your Solway Holiday Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Solway Holiday Village Hotel Silloth
- Solway Holiday Village Wigton
- Solway Holiday Village Hotel Wigton
- Solway Holiday Village Silloth, Cumbria