“great place for kids,and adults.”

Stanwix Park Holiday Centre
Carlisle, United Kingdom
“great place for kids,and adults.”
Reviewed 3 November 2011

Lovely clean site,excellent entertainment.good value for money.

3 Thank D0lly46

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 November 2011

We had such a good time in the summer holidays here we decided to come for October half term 22 Oct-29 Oct. This time we rented a high spec three bed caravan instead of a chalet, we found it very well equiped with cutlery plates glasses etc as my gripe with the chalet was that there were just six of everything which wasnt enough for us. The caravan itself was spotless and huge with a separate shower and toilet and an extra toilet aswell which was ideal as there were six of us. It was central heated with the termostat being in the master bedroom you could adjust yourself, this broke down on our first night , a particularly cold and windy night. I reported this next morning when we woke up freezing and realized it was broken when i went to the shop on site and when i got back to the caravan they had been and fixed it stright away! We had no more trouble with the heating and the caravan remained toasty. We did have tv problems though twice and they fixed them even though once it was 7pm in the evening. I really missed my sky tv at night and this tv was old and not a flat screen one like in the apartments. Silloth was predictably quiet as before, had a walk down the prom ate fish and chips from the chippy on the main street, the best fish in cumbria massive and covered in crispy batter. Silloth really does need some eating places there is nowhere apart from the Golf hotel to eat and all these tourists staying in the summer. A local told me lottery money has been awarded and it cant come soon enough, work has already started. Silloth only has a population of two thousand five hundred and is a village so the facilities reflect this. We found a well equiped play park in the grounds of a social club off the main street, very wellhidden, we have been twice before and never saw it, my kids enjoyed that for an hour. I struggled this time to find things to do but this was our third visit and we had explored the surrounding area, we went to to Dunfries and Whitehaven both a bit run down but the museum saved the day in Whitehaven very interesting and kids went free exellent value when you have four. Stanwix park has very friendly staff, the pool is exellent , the kids entertainment is good and all the kids enjoyed foxy fox and halloween games, my 7 year old loves the arcade and is already asking when we are going back. In my opinion this park is too far to explore the lakes, Windermere is 55 miles away and thats one way, its much closer to Scotland and Carlilse 22 miles.

5 Thank buryrock
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 October 2011

My grandfather used to own a caravn here when my father was young. They attended stanwix every summer! He sold his caravan and bought a trailor tent and we used to go down every year (nana, grandfather, mother, father, 2 aunties, 2 uncles, 5 cousins and my brother) There is an indoor pool withslide, sauna, jacuzzie, an outdoor pool with slide, bowling complex, child play area, child entertainment, adult bar, family hall, kids activities during the day. Local shops cafes etc. we loved it. It wasnt fantastic but it was something we had all done for years and there was enough entertainment for us as kids. We stopped coming to stanwix when my nana sadly passed away (it didnt feel right without her there!) definetely a family holiday and ignore the bad reviews :)

Room Tip: My auntie stayed in the apartments once, they were very nice but small. Its worth your while to take...
2 Thank keileihcook
Reviewed 11 October 2011

Went for a couple of days and there was nothing to do. Silloth is like a ghost town. Entertainment on nights was poor. We were going to visit family on the way back and had to delay leaving for a bit. We asked if it was ok if we held on to the leisure pass for another hour to keep the little one from getting bored and it was no problem whatsoever. Yet when we returned the pass exactly an hour later to a tall blonde girl she refused to return our deposit! We asked if she could find the girl that said it was ok and she point blank refused and told me that she wouldnt have said that. She called me a liar basically and robbed me of my money. Great customer service that! Even if I hadnt had the terrible customer service I still wouldnt return. Theres much better caravan parks out there. Pick one at random it will be better and there will be more to do

• Stayed June 2011
7 Thank Michaeld1979
neilston
Reviewed 28 September 2011

just back from stanwix park and we all had a great time.the indoor swimming pool was great and also the jaccuzi, our two toddlers loved it. the only downside was the changing cubicles there isnt enough, i had to change in the toilets as my daughter and daughter in law had to wait for a small cubicle to get the 2 babies dryed and dressed, so more family cubicles would be a big help.entertainment was very good for the kids and the adults, my 7yr old grandaughter won a game of bowling but when she and her friend went to it she was told it was only for her herself which wasnt any use if she had to play the game alone, we would go back to stanwix as we thought the place was well kept and the apartments were lovely.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Glasgow
Reviewed 26 September 2011

Just back from a weekend break in a moonstone two bed caravan, this is our third visit here, the last being about four years ago. Not much has changed since then, caravan was a bit tired decor wise but was clean and had everything we needed. Staff all very friendly, kids loved the pool, bowling and the entertainment, although they were a bit old for 'Foxy Fox' 13 and 8, but they had fun at the amusements. My only real gripe with the park is the drastic shortage of changing facilities and lockers at the pool, they need to do something about this. Entertainment staff very good and very enthusiastic. There is really not much to do in Silloth itself but we had a lovely day at the Gincase farm park and also visited Maryport and Cockermouth, there are some lovel places to see just research the Internet beforehand.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Dumfries, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 September 2011

hey im steph i love stanwix park i have been going for manys years everthing clean and to a very good standrade

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank step n
Also consider these accommodations in or near Silloth
Golf Hotel
Armathwaite Hall Hotel & Spa
Armathwaite Hall Hotel & Spa
#3 of 5 in Bassenthwaite
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,590 reviews

Been to Stanwix Park Holiday Centre? Share your experiences!