“Going back for definate!!”

Palm Wings Beach Resort
Ranked #6 of 79 Hotels in Didim
Reviewed 3 June 2012

stayed in one of the bungalows for 11 nights in June, it was perfect for the 2 of us, brilliantly clean and loads of space for clothes. We loved the relax pool 50 steps from our bungalow. No reason to go hungry great choices and great service. Large pool was lovely to swim in but spent most of the days on the jetty on the bean bags!! Staff were great all smiles and always able to help when needed. Animation team very good and not pushy. Great place to chill or a 10 minute walk into Altinkum for the night life and plenty of places to shop and grab great bargains. A visit to the market on a Saturday is a most and the trip to Ephesus was amazing. We walked to the Apollon Temple but would recommend the taxi or a bus (dolmush), took us 90 mins to walk there. All in all we thoroughly recommend this holiday and make sure you visit the hotel spa and Turkish bath a great experience and great price.

Room Tip: rooms near the relax pool are much quieter but a 5 minute walk to restaurant but worth the walk.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 2 June 2012

We have just returned from palm wings and want everybody to know what a wonderful place this is. We have had two weeks of relaxation on the jetty ( plenty of sunbeds, parasols and beany cushions for everbody, laughs in abundance thanks to the animation team (special mention to sarah, CJ and I KILL YOU there is something for everyone. The staff treat you like royalty - (Mehmet in the restaurant - you know who you are) there was not a thing they wouldn't do for you we felt like we were part of the family. Food was fantastic, never repetitive - there is still so much we never got to try....there isnt one second during the day when you cant get something scrummy to eat.... Cakes and cofee at 5 mmmm, another visit definitely needed Absolutely spotless - cleaners on th go 24/7 - a few more bins around the complex needed though. For those who complained about the mattresses - the management have obviously taken note, as the beds we slept in we're really comfy . We originally booked the hotel as we were travelling in a group of 8 and wanted to be together - but quickly realised this wasn't very practical as the hotel is too far away from the amenities for anybody with walking difficulties...... But again this wasn't a problem to the htoel manager who found us bungalows close to each other and nearer to the action. Whilst we there we had a bit of a medical emergency and my husband required urgent medical attention, and for this I can't thank the hotel doctor, porter - sory for forgetting your name and our fab rep Stewart enough. A special mention to Jamil from the spa, a really great guy took loads of time out to chat to all guests passing through reception - which isn't too difficult - but to remember every guests name is something else.... I'm pretty sure he made a few people's holiday that little bit extra special. From the blundells (pat & Roy) the laylands (rhona & tony) the bartons (nini & George) the cases ( netty & nodge) x

Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Roy B
Reviewed 2 June 2012

I went for a week with my family. A very nice hotel with an amazing swimming pool and some great slides. It is in a quiet location however the bedrooms were a bit small like a box :(

Room Tip: Do not get a room on the end of the corridoor as they smell. Sea view rooms are good :)
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank AARONb99
Reviewed 2 June 2012

Just returned yesterday from a week at Palm Wings, not long enough!! I am booking to go again next year. Stayed in a bungalow which was lovely. Cleaned every day. Fridge in the room and the room safe is free. All staff from reception, guest relation, bar staff, restaurant staff and the animation team were friendly and approachable. The animation team work very hard and by far the fire show in which Max was the star of the show was fantastic and not to be missed. There are loads sunbeds, however I did get up at 7.30 to put my towels out. Plenty food choice in restaurant and at the snack bar. The turkish a la carte was fabulous and we had to leave some food as there was too much but very delicious. The only downside is that breakfast was not up to much, lots of choice but my kids wanted bacon, beans etc so we did go out to a local restaurant 'Touch of Class', 5 min walk to get this, very cheap at 6 TL (£2.00).
I would definitely recommend this resort for families and if you don't wish to be beside a pool that has children there is a quiet pool - no kids allowed, also within the resort, and a jetty that is on beach which I never seen children at.

Room Tip: Bungalows between 1471 - 1496
1  Thank SarahB1971
Reviewed 1 June 2012

I returned from Turkey on 21st May 2012, I went for 7 nights with my boyfriend and my 6 year old niece.

The Hotel was lovely and the staff very friendly. On arrival we were taken to our hotel room on a golf buggy. We stayed in the Hotel by the relaxation pool (for over 18s only) which was a 7-10 minute walk to the main pool.

We did have a couple of overcast days and the indoor pool was situated in our hotel block… the only thing which I found frustrating was our hotel block was away from all food and drinks and did not have a self serve coffee machine in the lobby.

The room was adequate for the 3 of us, clean and comfortable. The food on offer was not to our tastes however inline with most all inclusive hotels I have stayed at, other people found plenty to eat however as fussy eaters we did venture of site.

We found a lovely bar called Linekers; this was a 10 minute walk from the hotel. Linekers was brilliant, the staff were so lovely, the food was good and the entertainment even better.

I cannot really fault Palm Wings however with a 6 year old two observations I made were…..

- The evening entertainment did not start until 9.30pm
- The park area had no seating, as she was not old enough to be left unattended me and my partner found ourselves sitting on the floor which she played.

Overall this was a fantastic holiday and I would definitely consider returning.

Room Tip: Ask for a bungalow as these are situated near to the pool & restaurants
Reviewed 31 May 2012

we have just returned from 11nights at palm wings travelling there with firstchoice..... we had an fantastic time, it was our 1st family holiday so was a little nervous especially as my son has disabilities but they ould not do enough to help you, we had a bungalow room and when we arrived the air conditioning asnt working.... phoned reception,we went to dinner and it had been fixed...roomjs cleaned everyday, huge pool, lots of enterteinment for kids and adults, kids club was brilliant, food was lovely....huge variety they even do a roast dinner on a sunday :) only downside was i was ill for 2days aof the holiday and was given a drip and medications...however this was not the hotels fault and they called me a doctor and was seen on site with a translator who took care of all my insurance details etc, the doctor then visited me daily to check i was ok and the staff there wouldnt do enough to help me, would get me a bottle of water when i was sitting at the pool, help me run after the kids...had our photos done by the photo team and they are gorgous and reasonably priced aswell, lots of places rip you off. and i had a massage in the onsite spa aand again that was fantastic, i even fell asleep!!!!1we will definately be returning next if for nothing else than the trips down the slides and the local shops :)

Room Tip: ask for a bungalow room if possible the hotel is right at the far end of the complex away from every...
1  Thank X Jayne O
Reviewed 30 May 2012

I stayed at Palm Wings in May 2012 for a week with my boyfriend. We stayed in a bungalow which was fab and i would deffo recommend getting a bungalow instead of staying in the hotel. Our bungalow was cleaned every day, clean towels and the bedding was changed throughout our stay, couldn't fault the housekeepers. The resort is very big and we decided too big for us in the end, and is more of a family place, as there were alot of kids there, too many for my liking but thats just a personal opinion. The animation team were great, all really fun and enthusiastic and always trying to involve everyone, the night time shows they did were really fun to watch. While we were away my boyfriend was very ill for 2 days with sickness etc, and a few other people were feeling dodgy and had been ill, It could of just been a bug or adjusting to the climate etc but i had never seen my boyfriend this ill, and not many people rated the food that highly so we did wonder if he had eaten something dodgy but of course there's no way of telling. I personally found the food just ok, it got a little bit better towards the end of the holiday but i do understand they cook everything in bulk and some foods are very repetitive so yeah the food wasn't that good in our eyes. The first choice reps were very helpful as we needed them to cancel a planned excursion for us because my boyfriend was ill, it was all refunded no hassle and they seemed genuinely concerned which was nice. As my boyfriend needed to go to the doctors he said they were helpful but it would of been better if there english had been alot better as when your ill in a foreign country you want to know what the doctor is saying and what he is planning on doing. The reception staffs english was not good and it was very annoying at times, also as theres so many reception staff mistakes get made, as i requested late check in and was told this was fine and was not told when to pay and then ended up being rang to come down and pay and asked why i hadn't paid before as i should of, when i hadn't been told anything about paying. Also i was then later asked about paying again as they couldnt find that i had paid from the computer system. The relax pool was where we spent most of our time as the other pool was too busy for our liking, this is a nice area and the grounds are very beautiful and kept very well. Palm Wings is a nice resort but not really to our liking so we wouldn't return here.

Room Tip: Get a bungalow!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple