“Such a lovely hotel! Had a fabulous 2 weeks! Great for family fun and relaxation.”

Palm Wings Beach Resort
Ranked #6 of 79 Hotels in Didim
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

We arrived at Palm Wings 19th May for 2 weeks. 2 adults and our 11 year old daughter.

On arrival we were sent very swiftly to our room that was in the hotel. Please be warned if you arrive at night you will think you are staying in a haunted abandoned hotel. It really isn't as bad as first impressions. Our room was clean (a little smaller than we anticipated) with no balcony but absolutely fine for our family size and how much time is spent in your room?
Plus you have nice little tea, coffee, delicious hot choc and juice faculties in the reception.

Once settled we went off out to find some food! The hotel feels a way from the centre of all facilities but it isn't really. Couple of minutes walk and actually its nice to be a little away from the hassle and bustle.
It was 11pm after leaving the UK 3pm and all 3 of us were starving. We were very disappointed to have to wait around until midnight for the restaurant to serve up
Midnight snacks. Granted these snacks were lovely - soup, fresh bread, small selection of hot meals and some salad bits and cold meats. BUT I really do not think it is appropriate to ask a family to wait another 1 hour for food especially after landing in Turkey at 8pm
with no means of getting some food. I'm glad my daughter was 11 and not a little one.
Our last 2 holidays have ensured the restaurant was ready to greet their guests regardless of arrival time.

Woke up on 1st day to such a beautiful complex. Spacious and lots of flowers. We headed off down to breakfast.
Wow!!!!! It was all gorgeous! Fresh pancakes, omelettes and eggs ... Plus your usual breakfasts items obviously without the pork .... Look out for the delicious mini fresh croissants in the oven by the fresh bread!!! Oh my ....these with pancakes and with the various different jams, Chocolate sauce and peanut butter was just heaven. Only frustration was the toasters - queues 5-10 people deep! Just not the right size for complex nor enough of them! Plus the ones in place (2 yes 2) Were not very effective! I witnessed one lady put her bread through 7 times lol ....
Note the amount if different breads was amazing!

After breakfast each day we set off to get our clean pool towels from towel hut and get some sunbeds. This was about 10am now and we had lots and lots of choice.

Animation time starts at 10.30 and we absolutely loved these guys!!!! Tarzan, Justin, Shady, nina and Eddie. Steve, Ellie and momma say Hi ... (The champion family hahah) We loved all daytime activities and you just have to get used to the HELLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOO down the the microphone lol ... If you want quiet then go down you the beach area.

In between activities you are right by the bar to keep yourself cool.

Activities include - French boules, darts, poolside
Games, volleyball and water polo plus the water slides a few hours a day! Great for all 3 of us!

Lunch choices were either back in the main restaurant, snack bar by pool or snack bar by beach. We preferred snack bars - chicken kebabs, pizza, nuggets, salad, fries and burgers. Perfect for us... Not forgetting yummy ice cream - vanilla or chocolate.

You will not go hungry.... The beach also do fresh sweet pancakes late afternoon ... To die for!!!!!
Plus biscuits at pool snack area from 5.

Evening meal was really nice every night - lots of hot choices - curries , stews, chicken in sauces ... Veg, all different potatoes and then outside cooking if pasta, fish and special dishes. Also had soup and some many different salad items. The desserts are all very samey but nice!

Al a cart restaurants quite disappointing.... Indian wasnt nice (the hotel apologised for our experience) but the Italian was ok. Worst case scenario use your free tickets (1) per week and if you don't like it go back into main restaurant.

Evening entertainment wasn't the best but it's no different to any other hotel in Turkey. The Animation team really try hard but it's all a little cringey. Mamma Mia was good :) We enjoyed sitting up in the bar playing cards and games trying out the different cocktails. Bar drinks were all really nice. The ameretto was my fave!

First choice family day boat trip not the best!! Been on far better for half the price!!! We found out that the kids reps were not available as they were back in the UK getting their visas and out entertainment was by transfer reps! Craig didn't think this was a problem!!! Myself and several other families disagreed! I don't blame people for booking with outside companies..

Didum itself - not very commercial but does have some lovely little bars!

We really did have a great 2 weeks and I would definitely return to this hotel but most probably ask for a bungalow.

• Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank Darcyss
PALMWINGSDIDIM, Guest Relations Manager at Palm Wings Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2017

Dear Guest

First of all we would like to thank you for being our guests and sharing your experience on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay with us. Your feedback is very much appreciated.
As Palm Wings Beach Resort Didim family we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the nearest future.
Kind Regards
Palm Wings Beach Resort & Spa

Write a ReviewReviews (2,175)

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Me and my family have been going abroad for over 15 years now, this is one of the many destinations I will never, ever forget. The first year we came we was blown away with the hotel/bungalows, views, facilities, beach, pool, staff etc. the first time was in 2012. By the end of our holiday we had already made a decision that we was Definatley Going to come back the following year (2013), we came back and the only thing that had changed was the animation team, once again we had a fantastic holiday! Everything was perfect! We then decided that this year would be our final year going before trying somewhere new. I returned home 2 days ago and I am already missing palm wings! there are a number of things which have improved since last year and one of them is the animation team, Me being English and the animation team being Turkish was no real issue as the majority of them spoke English very well. The animation team try extremely hard every single day no matter how repetitive it may be and also manage to have a smile on their faces 24/7. The animation team put 100% effort into the entertainment in the amphitheatre, by doing comedy shows, cabaret, and many things you wouldn't expect. It made my holiday. The ones that positively stood out to me and my family was Shady, niño, Tarzan and Justin. They are constantly entertaining people of all ages around the pool by putting fun games and activities for people of all ages to participate in. They made my holiday Enjoyable and one to remember. The location of palm wings is so ideal, a five minute walk into main altinkum, a beach on the complex and an hour away from the 2 main waterparks based in kusadasi. The food is great, there is something for everybody no matter how fussy or how big your appetite is. A big part of my holiday was the disco that started at 12am and ended at 2am. Me being 15 years of age I met a large group of friends consisting of 15 people so that gave us something to look forward to every night after watching the entertainment and having our evening meal. the music is amazing and it is placed at the bottom of the complex on a jetty looking out to sea and the nightlife of altinkum, the all inclusive also still carries on after 12 o'clock whereas some hotels discontinue after a certain time. I would reccomend this holiday destination to everyone, small children, teenagers AND adults. It is a holiday you would not want to miss out on and going for the past 3 years i have got to know the place very well. I can't pick a fault with the hotel, it was way above my standards and i would Definatley agree on the 5* rating. The best part of the holiday itself for me is the animation team, they're great!

• Stayed: August 2014
7  Thank Elliee-mae
PALMWINGSDIDIM, Halkla İlişkiler Müdürü at Palm Wings Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2015

Dear Elliee-mae,
Many thanks on your great review. We are thrilled your stay with us was enjoyable and we will try and improve on a few points you have raised. Thank you for your compliments on our food variety, pool and other hotel facilities.
Thank you for being our guest and choosing us for the 3rd time. We hope we will have the pleasure to greet you again in the future.
Kindest Regards,
Jessica - Guest Relations.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

just returned from a 2 week stay at the Palm Wings Beach Resort. This was the first time our 2, 14 year old daughters have been abroad. Arrived early hours os the morning and was taken to bungalow in super charged buggy, (dont forget to hold on tight). The pool was excellent and cleaned regularly although the floor around the pool is very slippery. The bungalow was nice,spacious and kept very clean. The food was above and beyond expectations if you didnt like the speciality nights there was plenty of other choices. All the hotel staff from the bell boys to the managers are extremely polite and always spoke to you. thoroughly, The animation team work long days and extremley hard, There is all ways something to do to join in,they are always polite and spend there meal times and free times with you.Shady.Neno,Justin,Edy and Tarzan all require a special mention. Yhe only down fall is the wifi is a bit hit and miss and people smokink around yhe poolside.
I would 100% recomend Palm wings beach resort as a excellent hotel and holiday.

Room Tip: choose bungalows
5  Thank Andy D
PALMWINGSDIDIM, Konuk İlişkileri Müdürü at Palm Wings Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback.
It was a great pleasure to learn that we were able to create an enjoyable and convenient stay for you.
We look forward to hosting you again at Palm Wings Beach Resort in the future.

Warm regards

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

I think it was the best holiday I've ever had I enjoyed every second!
The animation team were lovely niño Tarzan shady edi and Justin were the ones we knew . The accommodation was beautiful the only thing they could improve on it the wifi going back soon!! The bad thing is the slides the stair going up to the sides had water worms on them , just step over them !now onto the evening meals the good was amazballs !to bad I had a bad throat I would of ate more .turkish night amazing ! In the bed rooms they could have more English channels and softer pillows the room was cleaned ever single day ! The room was spot less .

The views from the beach looking up it was flawless ! The panoramic restaurant looks even better on the out side ! It looks small but it's big on the inside it's like a tardis !

Defiantly recommend palm wing the staff are jolly and helpful the duru spa was lovely but I didn't stay in the sauna to long I'm to young going back take me back now please !

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank katie d

Dear Guest

As hotel management, we are happy to read our guests had a good time in our hotel. We are trying to do our best for all of our guests to have a wonderfull holiday. And we will try and work harder for it. Thank you for choosing us and hoping to see you and your family in our hotel again.

Respectfully.

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Do not listen to the bad reviews, Just no pleasing some miserable people!

1st may we arrived at Palm wings and left 15th may 2014. Myself, Husband, Mother and Son.. All extremely different ages and all had a whale of a time. I would go back tomorrow if possible!

To start: The bungalows are gorgeous, Very homely and spotless. Shower was a bit too slippery for my mum who is disabled and very unstable on her feet but we managed.

Food: Something for everyone at every meal time and inbetween. We all thoroughly enjoyed it! Cannot fault any of it.

Staff: Manager was fantastic, He was new there this season. (Can't remember his name), He was extremely helpful and very friendly.
Animation team, Absolutely fabulous! Tarzan, Justin, Shady, Adi (HELLOOOOOO) and Inna were constantly keeping everyone busy. We bought the animation team cd too, Great memories! Love Tarzans mixes. These people aren't given then credit they deserve, So THANK YOU ALL from the bottom of our hearts. We had an amazing holiday and it most definately wouldn't have been the same without you all.

We met some lovely people, Bar staff included. I honestly couldn't say a bad word about this place.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Vicky Louise T

Dear Guest

Thank you for your lovely comments. We are doing every thing for our guests to have a lovely holiday. It has been an honor to meet you and your family.
We will be happy to see you as guest for the next year.
Respectfully

Reviewed 5 August 2014

This is the 2nd year we have been here and although I didnt think it was possilble they have improved it. The staff are fantastic and nothing is too much trouble, the animation tean are great! We took our daugter and two grandchildren and the hotel kids club and the thompsons kids club are brilliant the girls didnt want to come away.

Room Tip: The bungalows are room and the air con is great
1  Thank joanne_kirkham
PALMWINGSDIDIM, Halkla İlişkiler Müdürü at Palm Wings Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2015

Dear joanne_kirkham,
We would like to thank you for spending your precious time to share with us on trip advisor. We are overjoyed to hear that you had a great holiday.
Thank you for choosing us again! We hope to see you again soon!
Best Regards,
Jessica - Guest Relations.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Lovely all inclusive resort - we stayed in a family bungalow which was gorgeous (Clean, spacious, great location!) for six nights of our seven night holiday. On the first night we were put into the main hotel block in a family suite which is nowhere near as bad as some people make out (we had paid for a family bungalow so that is what we wanted as we wanted the convenience of location and outside space, but the hotel block was still nice enough, just that it was a bit of a trek for food and refreshments, the pool and beach etc with my young children, and I didn't want a room with a balcony as I was worried the kids might climb and fall!) - there was an over-booking error with the hotel (not Thomsons fault) so the family bungalow that we had paid the extra premium for was not available until the following afternoon. At 8:30pm having travelled all day I was a bit peeved at the disruption to our not being able to settle into our seven night stay until the following day, but everything ran really smoothly - the hotel were really apologetic that we did not want the family suite in the hotel building and agreed to move us after midday the following day. We were advised that we should just tell them when we were ready for our luggage to be moved to our new bungalow room and they would sort this for us, which good to their promise they did indeed do - the following day when we told the hotel we were ready to move, they gave us the keycard to our new room which were told would be ready in about an hour, and when we went in there our luggage was waiting for us to get settled in properly along with a fruit platter and bottle of wine with crockery and glasses to enjoy, so the hotel redeemed themselves straight away! And our new bungalow could not have been in a better position, right at the front overlooking the pool area, just down a short flight of steps to the pool bar and shopping complex, so the hotel really had done all they could to make good on the slightly disappointing start the night before! And our Thomson rep Craig was great too - even though I hadn't approached him to make a formal complaint about the rooms mix-up, he'd done a bulk complaint to the hotel on behalf of all the customers who had been affected like us and sorted out £40 compensation for us - it was just waiting for us to go and collect from him the following day! So big well done to Thomson for their customer care on that one too!
Now onto the review of the holiday - Beach and pool gorgeous, excellent facilities at both and so good having the means to keep well fed and hydrated in the heat so close at hand with the bars and snack restaurants at both! Both were spotless and there were staff clearing up all the time to keep everywhere clean. My only slight criticism is that there wasn't much shallow area in the main pool where I could leave my children to play with minimum supervision - other than the kids splash pool there was just one little stepped section where the water went to about 1m, then the whole pool is 1.5m and as both of mine are not able to swim properly they couldn't play in the main pool without either me or my husband in there with them.
Main restaurant - Huge and spacious, never ever had to wait for a table, and spotlessly clean as loads of staff clearing up all the time, and plenty on hand if you needed drinks bringing to your table or anything you had been unable to find. I have never seen such a massive choice of food ever! It was fantastic, and freshly cooked and kept refreshed so no food was standing there for too long - both the inside serveries and the outside cooking area I have never seen so many different meals, so you could never get bored and could try something new each night! And the choice of desserts was to die for, as was all the freshly baked breads and croissants each morning! Was less impressed with the a la carte - was nice to be waited on for a change and the food had that little bit extra effort put into preparing and serving it but it wasn't really much of a step up from the main restaurant, and the portions were tiny so we even considered sneaking into the buffet restaurant afterwards and filling up properly!
Bars and choice of drinks - couldn't fault this, there was always somewhere that you could find a drink, a really good choice to pick from and lovely cheerful bar staff!
Entertainment - the animation team literally DO NOT STOP! I really don't know how they have that much energy, there is something going on all day and late into the night - I'm not sure when these people actually sleep! There is always something going on either at the pool, or one of the sports activities, and the kids club and playground is well organised and safely equipped (my kids didn't actually join in with anything, but I had a good nosy!), and there's an actual Thomson Kids Club and activities too for a few hours most days. The evening entertainment is a bit naff but my kids enjoyed it which is all that matters! An actual bar area for the ampitheatre with the drinks served in plastic glasses (like in the pool-bar in the daytime) would be my only suggestion, as the only refreshment during the mini-disco and show was punch served in polystyrene cups (alcoholic for the adults and non-alco for the kids) which was quite weak and watery so a lot of people brought drinks over from the pool bar and restaurant which resulted in lots of smashed glasses in the (stone stepped) ampitheatre each evening so I was always worried about looking out for broken glass before my kids sat anywhere. ONE EXTRA WORD OF WARNING - don't buy a compilation CD from Tarzan, he'll charge you £10 for this and it doesn't work once you get home, no matter what you try and play it on! Lovely bloke, but he obviously doesn't know how to burn the CD's properly so save your money and listen to the songs from around the pool and club on You Tube once you get home instead!
Resort staff - lovely, smiley, polite, helpful, courteous - I've got not one negative to say about the people working here. Bar, restaurant, reception, right down to the cleaning staff!
Cleanliness - gorgeous picturesque resort - absoletely spotless and excellently maintained. You will see people working around the clock to keep this hotel looking flawless and this is what makes this resort 5*'s.
Altinkum itself - short walk, within 15 mins stroll (don't walk too fast - you'll overheat!) you are in the resort centre. Lots of shops, restaurants etc to stop off in on the way if you need to. Special mention to Linekers and Pinnochios which are both great family friendly bar/restaurants! Once you are in Altinkum the shopping is amazing! I spent a bomb on designer fakes and my kids bought loads of football kits. Don't be put off by the lack of price on anything and the haggling, if the trader won't give you the price that you want to pay, just start walking away they'll soon call you back and sell to you! Be prepared for them to try and sell you the contents of their whole shop if they can, you just have to be firm and if you just want one or two things then stand your ground. Its easier than it sounds, but I'd never been to Turkey before and haggled on price, but within an hour I'd got it all figured out, and the people you are haggling with are so nice and friendly and funny that it never feels confrontational or threatening in any way - this is just how they sell!
Altinkum beach is gorgeous - busy but not too busy, plenty of space for all - however we did most of our beach time at Palm Wings as the sunbeds are free and you've got an unlimited supply of drinks, and it is after all your own private beach right where you are staying! However, do visit Altinkum beach as it's so lovely and picturesque!
All in all, a gorgeous lovely holiday, to a lovely place and country. Turkish people are so warm and friendly, make you feel very welcome right from when you arrive at the airport to when you leave the country on your home journey. You and especially your children will be made to feel special the whole time you are here. We will definitely be returning both to Turkey and to Palm Wings!

Room Tip: Bungalow rooms are ideal for families and for if you want to be in the heart of everything in the re...
12  Thank Cheryl C

Dear Guest
Your very kindly detailed remarks will not be only great motivation for us to serve you better but also will be really helpful guide for many travelers who have been thinking of visiting us.
As Palm Wings Beach Resort Didim family, we truly enjoyed looking after you and hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the nearest future. Please do not hesitate to contact us any time for your all concerns
Kind Regards