“Excellent”

Venosa Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 77 Hotels in Didim
“Excellent”
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Great place for both family and solo vacations as there are thousands of activities to choose from and the people, both the crew and the tourists, are really amiable. The all inclusive programme is absolutely excellent; there is also a plenty of choices of food, all of which is delicious.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Ileana G
venosa v, Guest Relation Manager at Venosa Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
Dear İleana;

First of all, we would like to express how we’re happy on account of rendering you glad with our standart as being Venosa Beach Resort & Spa family.Also thank you, for your valuable time that you have spent to comment here.In order to render our guests,we’re trying to serve by our best and at this point, it’s a great happiness for us to have kind comments like you did.We’ll hope to see you again on your next vacation with us.Wish you all best.

gr@venosa.com.tr

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (498)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I've just return from my vacation in Turkey last Sunday. We stayed at Venosa resort, we've just love it. The hotel is at 1 hour distance from Bodrum airport. When we got there we were very tired after the flight but after we saw the hospitality of the staff and that our rooms was ready we thought that our vacation will be excellent. For the start, the rooms was spacious, clean and with view at the sea side.
The restaurant was big enough for the guest and had areas for the smokers and non smokers.
The food was tasty and various.
We were lucky that the weather was perfect and we spend almost all day at the pool playing different kind of pool games such as water- polo, volley ball and aqua gym.
We were entertained by the animation team who tried their best that our vacation will be memorable.
Thank you Venosa, thank you animation team, especially Katy,Ahmet and Mario!!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
venosa v, Guest Relations Manager at Venosa Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear Andreea B;

It has been an honor for us to accommodate you with our standart and as Venosa Beach Resort & Spa,we would like to thank you deeply for your valuable time that you have spent to comment with your politeness.We have conveyed your kind opinions to the relevant departments and as long as you’re willing,we would definitely like to welcome you again on your next vacation.As we are Venosa Beach Resort & Spa family, we would like to express that is a great source of happiness for us to have these sort of comments like you did.We can’t wait to welcome you , wish you all best.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

A nice place with great view lot of fun at the pool (aqua gym, pollo ,voleyball ,tennis etc) and good food
Beautifull places to visit in Didim Big room with Big Bed very clean and good services at the hotel
At the reception very nice people

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Elenush F;

Thank you for your kind comment and your valuable time that you have spent to comment.We would like to inform you that we conveyed your kind opinion to the relevant departments.It has been an honor for us to serve our guests with our best as being family of Venosa Beach Resort & Spa and this point we’re having beautiful feeling of rendering you pleasant during and after your vacation.As long as you’re willing too, we would definitely want to welcome you again on your next vacation.We wish you all best.

Guest Relations Manager
Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We've just come back home a week a go and we allready miss the place and the sun!!we went there as a big familly of 18 people that had enjoyed every single day.We stayed at Venosa BeachResort for one week.

We've arived earlier than we was suposed to and we got our rooms ready just after we had our coffe and breakfast.The room was clean ,spatious and modern with a big terace where we could see the big blue sea.We find that all the rooms have sea view and that was amazing.
The hotel was excellent and we loved the coffe in the lobby bar.
The restaurant had lots of tables inside and out so it wasnt hard to find one for our meals.The food was verry good and we like it.
Every day we enjoy the Animation Team and we loved to participate at the pool games,aqua gym,most of all the polo game and at night at their show.They did lots of shows like comedy playback or karaoke ,even bingo...
We loved the Animation Team and their activities and we miss them a lot.
Thank you Venosa for this great holliday!!Thank you Animation team!And most off all Thank you Katty an Ahmet!!We enjoyed your company!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Bianca M
Dear Bianca;

We would like to thank you for your honest and valuable time that you have spent on your sensible comment.As we’re Venosa Beach Resort & Spa family,would like to express that your kind comment has been conveyed to the relevant departments and also we would like to give our thanks to you for spending your vacation with our service.It has been a great happiness for us to welcome our guests with our best and at this point,we’re sharing wonderful feeling of rendering you pleasant during and after your vacation.We want to express that we wouldn’t want anything rather than welcoming you again and would like say that our guests comments encourage us to serve with our moving forward standarts. Wish you and your family best.

Greetings from Didim Venosa Beach Resort & Spa ,

Guest Relations Manager
Somerset, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 June 2014

This is a long review as I want to try and write about the whole experience as honestly as possible as I know I read reviews when looking for a holiday & believe a good indepth review is key to my decisions about a hotel & location.

This is my first visit to Turkey and I wasn't disappointed. I travelled with my two children (age 16 & 18) my husband & my parents.

The hotel is very grand upon entrance, very light, bright & cool. It was very smooth and quick at checkin, possibly due to it being a late night check in there wasn't many other tourists to be checked in as well. Our luggage was taken from us immediately and our all inclusive bands were quickly placed on our wrists, we were given our room keys & 2 towel cards per room. The staff spoke very little English, but enough to get by.

Now, we had been travelling from our destination back home to the hotel for a total of 17hrs, we were tired, hungry etc so wanted to grab something to eat before heading to bed. Sadly there was nothing available at 1am when we arrived. We could get a drink from the little bar in the lobby area, but no food, which as you can imagine with two hungry teenagers this didn't go down too well. We since found out that if we had pre arranged, the hotel would have more than happy arranged a sandwich or something to be available in our rooms when we arrived. Still, it wasn't that big a deal to us.

Our rooms were lovely, clean, fresh & modern with spectacular views from the balcony. One let down of the room, no tea & coffee making facilities, again, not a major issues, but I have to have coffee when I first get up, need it to function lol and didn't fancy having to get ready to go down to the restaurant for one. Apparently there is talk of kettles going into the rooms, so should be very soon,

Breakfast was lovely, the restaurant had a vast amount of seating inside and out, never had a problem getting a table, again, maybe because it was only the start of the main holiday season so probably not as busy as I'm sure it gets later in the season. Unfortunately a lot of the staff in the restaurant didn't speak much English, but in all honestly, that's just us lazy English. The staff were very hard working and friendly, even with the language barrier. Special mention to our regular waiter Ahmet Akgotoga who always went out of his way to ensure we were well looked after, such a friendly, hardworking gentleman.

The food was lovely, amazing bread, something for everyone, though after a week it does get a bit repetitive, but It never seemed to be piping hot all the time in the main restaurant, but in the snack bar the food was constantly hot and restocked continuously, this was things like burgers, chips, jacket potatoes, chicken nuggets, cheese & onion rings, salad etc. Great for the kids & if you just wanted some English grub! As the main restaurant closed in the afternoon after lunch, it was always handy to have the snack bar if you had skipped lunch.

There was a waffle and pancake tent near the poolside, they were yummy, you must try them at least once during your stay. Again, very friendly staff.

There was a poolside bar open daily from 10am, this was useful when around the pool, though sometimes the area around the bar would become slippy, to be expected when people are in and out of the pool to the bar, I did slip a few times though, being disabled, I was quite cautious when in this particular area, but when I mentioned it to staff they immediately set to clearing the area as best they could.

One thing that let the hotel down immensely was the Wifi. I was pleasantly surprised when we arrived to found out we had wifi in the whole hotel, previously advertised as only being available in the lobby area, so a good start, until I never managed to stay connected for more than a few minutes, sometimes not connecting at all. Now, I know we shouldn't need wifi on holiday, but being disabled, a non-sleeper & unable to do a lot, having the internet is a god send for me, & to stay in touch with folk back home. Also, if the weather was bad there wasn't really a lot of space or things going on indoors to keep teenagers happy, although we did play some card games with them which was nice.

Now, the entertainments team, Animation team as they are known as, were great fun. We formed some firm friendships with a few, Mario, Bibo, Katy to name a few, were wonderful. They interacted with us, made us laugh, had some banter, got us involved in things that were going on & all in all were great. Myself and my daughter had a sing song there and they treated us with such respect and admiration, was lovely to feel so welcome and well received. They made our holiday much more enjoyable. They would play some games around the pool with guests, exercise around the pool & dance, always full of energy and smiles.

Then there was 'Fatboy' & Billy, the resident Spa sales guys, once you met these guys, you would never forget them, amazing & listen out for 'Fatboys' laugh, so funny. They were unbelievably helpful, funny, caring, warm & would go out of their way to ensure you had a good holiday. To be honest, they really did play a big part of our holiday experience, along with the animations team. One thing I would say, lookout for Billy & Fatboy at the beginning of your stay and book in for a spa treatment. The Turkish bath, peeling, massages, facials, etc, best I have ever experienced in my life, and it will aid in tanning if you have your spa, bath & peeling earlier on in your holiday.

The spa staff were lovely, worked exceptionally hard & so friendly, even with the language barrier, they always tried to understand anything you said and they looked after you well. You simply have to experience the spa, you won't regret it.

We had our Al a Carte meal in the Italian restaurant, the service was fabulous & the staff very friendly. Our young waiter Hammet was lovely and took a shine to my son. The menu was very limited, but what they did serve was very nice.

Then there was the hotels salon that my daughter and myself visited. I had a full head braid, but my hair is very long, down to my waist and very very thick so I knew it would take a long time, poor Sercan, a lovely friendly young man, worked so hard on my hair for a few hours, but he was so quick at it. Tekin did my daughters hair, he was lovely too, went out of his way to make sure we were both comfortable, gave us drinks and chocolates also. I would definitely recommend you go and treat yourself at the salon, the guys are lovely, the service immpecible. My husband also had a Turkish shave in the salon, only 5 euro, he said it was the best thing he had ever had done, a shave, face massage, hair trim at the back of his neck, and much more. He loved it that much he even went back before the end of the holiday for another one!

We also had a photoshoot whilst here, around various locations on the hotel grounds. What can I say other than Stunning, the pictures were amazing and we ended up buying the lot, but at a bargain price, so happy with our treasured memories,

There is a couple of shops inside the hotel, a newsagent type shop, clothes shop, jewellery shop & gift shop. We never had to leave the hotel, which was great for me being disabled. Managed to buy all the things I wanted to take back in the hotel.

We were very lucky with the weather, only one evening of rain. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a laid back relaxing break not doing a lot, if you want high energy busy busy with endless things to do, then probably not for you. But let's be honest, most of us go on holiday for relaxation, so go here you won't regret it,

Room Tip: Chose floor 2 or 3 if heights are an issue, but spectacular views from all rooms on all floors, the...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
11 Thank Caz H
Dear Caz P;

As we’re Venosa Beach Resort family; We would like to give our thanks to you for your valuable time that you have spent to show your honesty and to help our possible guests.We really appreciate for your kindness and politeness of being helpful for us.It has been an honor for us everytime to accommodate and to render our guests under the light of again our guests suggestions.As we always express,we’re trying to display our guests dreams as much as we can and having the 5 star accommodation standarts,we can definitely express that as we’re Venosa Beach Resort & Spa trying for our best.Not everytime but we mostly take positive opinions about our facility and services.We want to emphasize that regardless of being positive or negative, all comments are very significant for us to improve our standarts beyond the standart that we have recently.Beside these, we would like to express that we have conveyed your kind comment to the relevant departments.

If you would let us explain these few issues that you have mentioned with few words; Initially we need to express how we’re having grief due to the disappointing you the day you have arrived by couldn’t arrange food for you and your family.Due to the night shift, perhaps most of our personnals wouldn’t be avaliable at this time term, the real reason of couldn’t help might be the check in time.Mostly,we take our guest’s check in at noon (12.00),means perfect time to reach everything you want.If you would had emphasized this issue we would definitely want to help you or as you have been in touched, if you would ordered food for your room before you have come,we would like to arrange without a doubt. If our guests contact with us or with representative,we arrange early breakfast at our main restaurant or sandwich in rooms for arrival guets,beside these, as you contact, we’re able to prepare cookie in the rooms as well.As the other issue you have rised is exactly for our guests comfort,we’re trying to make avaliable everything our guests want to have,it’s a accommodation that our guests don’t have to deal with anything such as preparing coffee & tea,we would like to arrange everything for you and as you mention,we were considering kettles for rooms but probablely after you left, we decided to place them. As we expressed,we want to emphasize that again, we placed kettles for all rooms for our dear guests.As next issue,we have certainly sufficient tables for all our guests.We wouldn’t like to leave anything to chance in order to provide perfect circumstances for you dear guests.We have grief due to the point we couldn’t help you,we wish you had mentioned to us.Most of all , we would like to give our thanks for being kind.We’ll look forward to welcome you again on your next vacation.We wouldn’t want anything rather than welcoming you again.Wish you all best and for your family.

Regards & Greetings from Didim Venosa Beach Resort & Spa

Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

I went as a family and with a friend to this hotel and I really enjoyed it.
Our flight was cancelled by 5 hours so we got to the hotel at 4 in the morning we were very tired and hungry which was annoying because we had no food and had to wait until 7:30.
At first we went to our room and I couldn't fault them one bit, they were brilliant. Best rooms I have ever stayed in. They were spotless and tidy, spacious, mordern, lush bathroom, comfortable beds, spacious balcony. Every room has a sea veiw with the mountains in the background, the view was soo nice and we watched the sunrise.

We met the animation team. The most amazing people you'd ever meet!! Katty, Mario, Bibo, Ahmet. The best people. They do activities everyday such as water aerobics, yoga, water polo, volleyball (which is fine and comfortable on the sand), dance and pool games. I was excited for it everyday to do it, I would do it just as a laugh.
They get you too join in which was good and make you feel comfortable. I became very good friends with katty Bibo and Mario. They are so nice and friendly and funny. They do this dance everyday and its so catchy. By the end of the week/s you will be doing it as well. I got up there most days. They do shows in the evening which weren't that cringey and tacky (they normally are) I enjoyed watching them, they did comedy playback which was hilarious, bingo (had such good prizes), karaoke and other shows. This is the only hotel I have been too where the entertainment wasn't focused on just kids. It has its kids stuff but separate to this and it focus from like 13-60 year olds. They were so entertaining, if they weren't there I would of been bored out of my head. So thank you animation team

Breakfast was the same everyday which was a little repetitive but a lot too choose from so you could have something different everyday. It was from fry up, omlets, waffles, pancakes, chocolate, salads, fruit. But I do think they should have more choice of fruit.

The pool was nice and big, lots of space to swim. The beach was nice too even though the sand is shingle it's hardly bad.. you don't really spend much time on the sand it's either in the sea or on the bed. The sea is so clear!!

Lunch was different most days but it had it's sections where it was the same/similar but it wasn't too repetitive, same with dinner. Salads were lush though. It kind of fitted everyone's taste buds as it had salad, meat, fish, fruit, battered food, chips etc. The food was nice and I was also full. But a bit more different food could be used. Nothing was wrong with the food but just repetitive which was a bit mehh.

You then had the waffle bar and snack bar open all day so you couldn't go hungry.

It is a family based hotel, so if you want to go on holiday to party not the best of places. But I'm 18 and had to come with my family and I wasn't bored but it isn't a party hotel if you get me because I saw it as a family holiday.

You can get a bus/taxi for a good price to altinkum and dolphin square which has bars, restaurants etc apparently its really nice there.

I went to the Saturday big market which was very interesting and funny as they really want you to buy stuff and they do hassle of course but quite an experience.

The waitresses and waiters were nice and smiled.

I was very untidy and lazy and my suitcase stuff was everywhere but the maids would tidy it up and fold it all up for me each day and made it very tidy. You get a safe for free so if you're worried about any belongings you can just place in there

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Catharine M
venosa v, Guest Relation Manager at Venosa Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear Catherine M;

As we’re Venosa Beach Resort & Spa family,we would like to express how we appreciate for your valuable time that you have spent to comment.Definitely,we would like to emphasize,it has been a great honor for us to accommodate our guests with our standart and to try to display our guests dreams as much as we can.We’re glad about that you are pleasant for the time you have spent with us.Also we want to emphasize that we have grief on account of the faced problem on your arrival day.If you would let us explain the issues you have mentioned; for late arrivals, we arrange cookies regularly according to the number of our guests,even if the cookies are finished, our guests are able to supply cookies from the lobby bar which is open for 7/24. Beside these, for breakfast; 2 types of sausages, sagels, poğaça, at least 4 types of toasts, fried eggs, croissants, almost all possible types of cheeses, olives and jams, sweeties, biscuits, salty biscuits,pitta types,cakes and waffles, additionally we do arrange omlette according to personal wish.For the lunch and dinner;24 kind of main hot, 40 kind of besides, show meals, 40 kinds of desserts, open salad buffet and every time different 2 types of soups. We do have grief due to the disappointing you. We would like to give deep thanks again and again,it’s going to be still huge difference if we try to compare how much we appreciate and how much we have writtin about it.We definitely want to welcome you again on your next vacation.Wish you all best and for your family.

Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed for two weeks was a great hotel every room has sea veiw which is stunning has huge swimming pool so you can find a quiet spot to yourself food was good tho a bit repetative after a while kids loved indoor pool animation was ok not to my tatse mostly dancing you can leave the hotel and get bus just outside for 2 lira to the main town which has all the shops bars and restraunts also mcdonalds burger king and dominoes so great choice for a change staff where great with kids and very clean hotel all in all would go back again also have stayed at didim beach resort another very good hotel so know the area really well

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank David M
venosa v, Guest Relation Manager at Venosa Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear David M;

As Venosa Beach Resort & Spa family, we would like to thank you for your valuable time that you have spent to comment here.It’s great honor for us to accommodate you with us.If you would let us explain the issue considering our main restaurant;for breakfast, we have 2 types of sausages, sagels, poğaça, at least 4 types of toasts, fried eggs, croissants, almost all possible types of cheeses, olives and jams, sweeties, biscuits, salty biscuits, pitta types, cakes and waffles, additionally we do arrange omlette according to personal wish. For the lunch and dinner; 24 kind of main hot, 40 kind of besides, show meals, 40 kinds of desserts, open salad buffet and every time different 2 types of soups, we would like to express that is grief for us on account of disappointing you. We hope to see you again on your next vacation to welcome you with our improving standarts beyond the majority and becoming regular understanding of accommodation.Wish you all best

Best Regards & Greetings from Didim Venosa Beach Resort & Spa