“Cheap and cheerful”
Review of Panormos Hotel

Panormos Hotel
Ranked #12 of 79 Hotels in Didim
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Stayed in this hotel last week in July to be fair you get what you pay for having a copy of the price list a nights stay is £12 per night per person including breakfast . the room we stayed in 211 twin room was cleaned everyday to a good standards and fresh towels daily a basic room but to be honest all you need out of a room .. it's near the maids room and they do tend to have there breaks in there and smoke so out in the corridors it's does smell of stale cigarette smoke . The breakfast was basic but all you need to start the day and it was selfs service so you could eat as much as you like eggs am cheese tomatoes etc . The hotel is appox 20 mins walk from the beach and main night life but only 15 lira in a taxi so not to bad but plenty of food places a stroll away . Always managed to get a sun lounger round the pool, the pool area always clean, there's a small bar area were you can sit during the day or night good selection of drinks on offer not the cheapest though a can of pop 5 lira and the shop 2 mins away selling for 2 lira but even though the hotel is bed and breakfast you cant take any of your own things like sweets etc which is a little strange when they only sell selected flavour crisps and ice creams and no chocolate / sweets etc !!! I was led to believe there was entertainment on at the evenings but even though we were there seven nights we never saw any which to be honest we weren't that bothered about but did feel a bit sorry for thoughs with small children because all there was of an evening was table tennis and table football .. And the childens club was only a small hut at the end of a pool with a few small toys which parents had to watch there own children and some of those parents thought a children's club would involve a member of a team entertaining the children at some point in the day / evening . Going back to the food if you wanted a snack during the day or a meal at night the food seemed of good standard if what we had was anything to go by even though we only ate there once or twice . Couldn't fault any of the staff all nice cheerful and efficient like I said at the beginning you get what you pay for and at there prices I think it's a bargain .. Would I stay there again as a cheap week away yes if I wanted a couple of weeks of luxury at triple the price no ..

Room Tip: Ask for pool view rooms on the back covered with trees and no view
1  Thank Alison O

Reviewed 26 July 2014

This was my third stay, I and my daughter had stayed here last year and decided we return. . It was like coming home. The owners are personally involved in managing the hotel and remembered us well. The personalities of the whole team (owners, bartender, waiters,chambermaides) infuse the hotel with their friendly and hospitable spirit. The hotel is perfect base for a trip to Didim, well located to get to the beach, the main sights quickly and easily and near many outstanding bars and restaurants. Each day started off great with the greetings from the hotel team and a nice breakfast, featuring a home-made jam, hot dish - eggs, diffrent kind of coffes etc, The pool is very clean and charming that we hardly wanted to go to te seashore. Outstanding value as well.

Room Tip: Rooms on front (pool view) is good but a bit noisy. Prefer higher floors.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank BRIDGEOVER
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Our second visit to this hotel. We were here the same weeks last year.
Nice to see the same friendly faces behind the bar & waiters. We were welcomed as friends not guests.
We requested the same room as last year and got it. Very clean and they have been updated with a few new features. Flat screen tv, complimentary slippers etc.
the pool area has also been upgraded. New flooring, new glass screens replacing the old wooden one. Looks very nice.
Pool is a decent size and plenty of sun beds. You do have to sometimes get up early to get a bed. Depending on the number of residents staying.
The food is great here too.
Drinks slightly more expensive than some bars. But nice atmosphere and friendly bar staff.
Predominantly british guests staying when we were here.
Met some really nice families on both our stays here.
A lot of people come back here year after year. Relaxed and friendly hotel.
Breakfast is basic but good.
There isn't a great deal going on in the evenings but a walk out to visit the area is nice and the main strip on the front is a nice stroll down hill. Lots of bars and restaurants near by.
I wouldn't stay anywhere else when visiting didim/Altinkum.
Thanks again to all the staff for another wonderful stay.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank shellpetejacko
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Me and my friend stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks and it is by far the best hotel iv stayed in...iv been visiting altinkum for 7years and stayed in lots hotels.this hotel is in great location its about 15 min walk to the beach and all main front of bars and shops.the hotel is lovely and clean the rooms are spacious with nice bathroom with double shower..the food is very nice and drinks are reasonably priced..the pool is lovely and clean and the pool area is very spacious with plenty of sunbeds..tables n chairs n swinging couches with gazebo.the staff are all very helpful and polite I would definitely recommend stayin here its a lovely family orientated hotel il definitely be stayin here again had fantastic holiday and did spend lot time here which I dont usually do when im in altinkum:)

• Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank nicola t
Reviewed 18 July 2014

The down side of this hotel for me was the room was very small and didn't have a fridge or mini bar in the room, so a cold drink on your balcony was out of the question. The hotel lets anyone use the pool, so you had to be up at the crack of dawn to get a sun bed. It was about a 20min walk to the town centre and beach but there are regular buses for 2 lira. We needed air con which was £4 per day. The staff at this hotel were friendly and the meals were very good. For what we paid for this weeks break I can't really complain.

Room Tip: we had a room over looking pool, little bit noisy with the late night drinkers.
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

We arrived at this hotel early hours on the 8th July. We checked in at reception and found out we had to pay extra for air con, I think it was around 140 lira which we thought was a bit of a rip of however it was a must! We stayed in room 208 which was overlooking a run down back street, even though I did email the hotel twice to ask for a room over looking the pool. There were two single beds, a chair which I felt was pointless but we knew not to expect much from the other reviews, and for all the time you spend in the room anyway. It is just very basic. The pool area is the best part of the hotel as it was very clean and clean water, but be aware they allow non residents to use the pool area as well. I suggest you get up early to reserve a sun lounger before people who are not staying there get there before you do. The prices of drinks are average basically the same as what you get down the main strip. The food was very basic and very boring after 3/4 days. We were half board so just got the same menu every night, there was also another menu which had more options but you had to pay extra. I wouldn't recommend eating lunch there if you are half board, I would venture out to the strip to find something a bit different. Where you can jump on a dolmus for 2 lira each, they are great! The hotel is in a good location, not to close to the main strip where you hear all the loud music, I think it is around 1.4 miles away from main strip. Close enough to temple of Apollo. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Fuat who worked at the bar at night was our favourite. Very happy cheery soul. I think we would return back to this hotel as long as we were to have a room with a pool view and maybe just got bed and breakfast. It is good value for money, we only paid £633 10 days half board including flights, you get what you pay for.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Located between the Apollo Temple and the beach set back off a main road the hotel is in a great spot to simply get about. There is a bus stop right outside the hotel which costs 2 lira either way and taxis pass by every 2 minutes costing 15 lira
Rooms are adequate with basic en-suites, single beds and furnishings. Food is always tasty and plentiful, staff are all prompt and friendly and the pool areas a great sun trap. It’s away from the hussle-bussle and guests seem to congregate and meet each other over a beer at the pool bar daily. It’s a very friendly hotel and much better than a self-catering apartment for very little extra.

Me and the wife had a great time here and met some fantastic people – had loads of laughs and were very sad to leave when the time came (which was too quick)

Only problem I had was getting bit by mossy’s whilst drinking by the pool on a night time. I would like to see the management smoke these dam things out as I have seen in other hotels.

I would recommend a stay here for anyone, families, couples or singles everyone fits in and is most welcomed.

The hotel provides safet deposit boxes and one of the best exchange rates so no need to worry about trying to get change. They will create a daily tab for you and you simply pay for what you have had the night before the morning after (if you can remember that is!) They will keep the room on for you for £10, supply transfers to and from the airport and assist you in anything you need.

Its 7/10 for me …………..was great and I recommend it

Room Tip: Roome overlooking the pool are best so try emailing the hotel and asking for one of the rooms before...
1  Thank DeltaRob