“Great with a few improvement tips”

Club Tarhan Beach Hotel
Ranked #11 of 77 Hotels in Didim
“Great with a few improvement tips”
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

We Stayed here from 16th - 30th June. Firstly,
Entertainment not great. Kids disco was ok but it was mainly for Russians.
Theres not much to do on a night time sometimes things didnt start till quite late. With 2 young children they defo need entertaining.
Food was ok, yea it isn't piping hot but they try there best. My kids had chips alot as there wasnt too much to fill them. There is plenty to choose from though. Desserts looked great and always presented in a perfect way.
The restaurant staff who clear tables are lovely, there on the go all the time.
Location... there is a market 3mins away on the bus and its all you need! Great snacks, pancakes kebabs etc. Altinkum is about 45 mins on bus and we only went once, they over take and under take at same time so we rather not travel further. To be honest you can get everything you need from the local market.
Grounds are kept very clean beautiful Loby just needs air conditioning!
Cats, if you like them great if you dont well not so good. They rome around everywhere and sit at your feet waiting for food. But if you dont fees them they will get the hint.
Sunbeds, they were normally fine to get we got ours (9) at breakfast time at 8 o'clock and always got them together.
Overall... its is a beautiful place and yes we go again just maybe with more money for the market! :-) Bar staff and restaurant staff need applauded more for what they do.
Weather, hot hot hot!!
1 thing I will say is that the Russians are very rude and there is alot of them there. They push in and talk to saff like rubish and kick up a fuss. More entertainment for Brits and it would be even better.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank Claire G
Majesty T, Manager at Club Tarhan Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear Claire,

On behalf of our team members and myself , thank you for taking the time to write to tripadvisor and comment on your recent experience at Majesty Club Tarhan Berach. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Your feedback is invaluable and much appreciated, as it enables us to constantly monitor and improve the care and service we provide to our guests. I will share your comments with my team members!

I look forward to welcoming you back at Majesty Club Tarhan Beach in the future.

Kind Regards.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Greater Manchester
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Stayed here with the hubby for 1 week from 04/06/14 on an all inclusive basis.

We arrived at roughly 12.30am and check in was fast and efficient, we were given information sheets, towel cards and wrist bands, helped with our bags and shown to our room (659). Reception area was lovely, and staff friendly and warm.

We were a bit shocked at how far our room was from reception, but reception is a separate building to the accommodation which we realised the next morning and this wasn't a problem for us. The complex is set up like a holiday 'village' with rooms in blocks two stories high. You will either be on the ground floor or in the top room.
First impression of our room was 'I want to go home, this is dire!'
It was very dingy, dimly lit and very uninviting. As it was by this time very late, and after a full day of travel, we decided to sleep on it.
Bed (or beds, 2 singles pushed together...hate this!!) was uncomfortable and lumpy and there was only one pillow between the two of us. We made do!

The area in which the hotel is situated is quite remote, a few little shops selling newspapers, snacks and sun creams etc sit just outside the hotel, but it is a 25-30 minute bus ride into the nearest town, Altinkum.
The grounds of the hotel are beautiful and very well maintained. They have an 'Eco' garden which has a tortoise in it and the kids in the hotel absolutely loved him. Obviously we named him Terry.

In the morning we awoke to clouds and light rain, so decided to explore. Upon closer inspection, the room was clean and had obviously been recently painted etc. However, the television mounted on the wall was lopsided and held on with one screw, and a few bits around the room were also untidy and broken. The bathroom was very dated and tired looking, but functioned well and was a decent size. I was a little taken aback by the slatted wood ceiling in there, as there were cobwebs and bits of rubbish hanging down in the gaps.
We were on the ground floor with a small walled in terrace outside, which was also a little shabby around the edges, and looked out onto the hotel's car park, gutted!

Overall impressions of the accommodation were that it needed brightening up and some attention paid to certain areas that can really create a bad first impression when you arrive, but it was actually ok. Maid service came everyday and replaced towels etc, made up the beds and tidied around the room and terrace.
The only dealings we had with reception were check in and out, and when we asked for extra pillows and blankets. They were friendly and courteous but the pillows and blankets never arrived!

The restaurant was outdoor and had lovely views over the ocean.
Staff were a bit slow on the up take regarding clearing the tables for new sittings and there was no service, it was buffet style as expected. One small bar serviced the restaurant, which did not serve spirits to have with your meal, only beer or wine.
It was lovely and cool at night, which was refreshing! Unfortunately, as the food was kept and served outdoors this meant that it was impossible to keep warm. Other reviews state that the food is cold from the get go, this wasn't our experience, it was steaming in the buffet area but cold by the time you got back to the table. Not the hotels fault. Nothing you can do about it.

Quality of food was good, we enjoyed most things and the breads and salads are just gorgeous. Breakfast was the usual in a Turkish AI hotel, lots of salad items and other unusual things, but lovely eggs and pancakes made to order.
Variety, not so good. Lunch and dinner in the main restaurant were very samey, and the beach 'snack' bar was actually the same exact food every single day. Although well cooked and tasty, it was really boring after 3 or 4 days.
Neither of us are particularly fussy eaters and like I said, enjoyed most things, give the chicken kebab a go, it was so delicious! NB, dessert lovers paradise!! *We understand it is hard to cater for so many different nationalities*

There were 5 bars at the hotel; restaurant, pool, swim up pool, beach and lobby. All bar staff were great, very polite and friendly. The lobby bar is 24 hours which was a lovely unexpected bonus. The only other bar we used was the one by the pool which I think served until 24.30. Excellent service and fantastically generous measures!! We were surprised to find that all alcohol served here is UK branded, famous grouse, finlandia vodka and Efes beer. White and rosé wines were fab also.
One thing we absolutely loved was the afternoon and evening cocktail hours. (We aren't drunks, I promise) Pool bar staff would bring out a cart in the afternoon and the evening and make delicious fresh cocktails in a blender, piná coladaś, dakuiris, mojitós etc, all brought to your sun lounger. Also bottles of Efes, Sprite, Coke and Fanta. We found this to be a lovely touch and was lovely to be served whilst laying in the sun.

We didn't use the Al a carte so can't comment on this. But it is free once every 7 days during your stay.

There were 3 pools plus a small one for young children. Pool areas kept very clean and watched over by life guards constantly. Huge slides open most of the day which were lots of fun.
Entertainment wasn't really our cup of tea, but was fun to watch from afar. The team seemed to work hard and lots of people enjoyed the activities and evening shows in the stage area. For those not wanting to watch or participate, music was played at the pool bar and on a couple of occasions there was karaoke.

The beach was nice, very small but clean, although we didn't use it apart from half a day. We always stay at the beach on other holidays, but we didn't feel comfortable here. The loungers were tatty and very uncomfortable and were all taken by early morning. The sand however was lovely and the water very inviting.

I'm sure this review comes across as quite negative, but we did genuinely have a great holiday in a lovely hotel. The room was not up to expectation, but it is only for sleeping in as far as we're concerned and in general it was clean and that's all I ask for. I would have given the hotel 4/5 but for the uncomfortable beds and slow turn around of tables at meal times.

Would we return? Yes. Maybe with an extra pillow in tow but would not hesitate to recommend to friends and family for a cheap and cheerful week away.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
8 Thank katylovesunshine
Majesty T, Manager at Club Tarhan Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent holiday and for sharing your stay experience. Your oppinions are very important for us to improve our negatives. First of all, I wish to apologize for any unhappiness and dissatisfaction.

Please be assured that we take such feedback seriously and the areas highlighted in your comments are being addressed for immediate improvement and permanent resolution.

Thank you again for taking the time to review us. We sincerely hope to have the pleasure to count you once again among our guests.

Milton Keynes
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on a girls holiday with the intention to relax for a week. Firstly told we needed a visa that was never checked so bare that in mind. We arrived at the hotel at roughly 12am and wasn't greeted in a very nice way. Asked for passports no hello nothing. They shoved a key in our hands and did not even tell us which direction we needed to go in to find our hotel rooms. No one took our bags to our room of which was up steep marble stairs but we just got on with it and didn't make a fuss. The next day we had to attempt to find the restaurant as yet again no one had bothered to tell us where anything was (by 12am we were tired and just wanted to sleep and decided it was too much trouble for them so gave up)
If it wasn't for our welcome meeting from our Thomson rep we would have no idea!
The reception are no help so always ask the rep, on 3 occasions they were very rude to us.
Complained to rep and he didn't really do anything so I can imagine it's quite a common thing.
The food is ok. I'm not a fussy eater but I struggled sometimes to find things to eat.
The pools and beach are lovely - best part of the hotel easily!
The entertainment was quite honestly terrible. Some awful cringe comedy performed by the entertainment staff! - I don't like doing activities on holiday but there was plenty to do and none of them were pushy just not my idea of fun. Monster is v. Funny!
I defiantly recommend doing the family day boat and the Turkish baths - we had great fun and they weren't very expensive!
The wifi is really bad - the lobby is the only place you can get it and it's very weak!
We asked for late check out which they told us to come back on the day of our departure and they would check. 8.30am we asked and they simply said no and didn't even bother to check on the computer - defiantly book it through Thomson as then they have to give you it!
They also forgot to say anything when we checked out - did you have a nice stay/thanks for staying with us! Nope just took our key!
Overall I could not recommend this hotel as so many things let it down and the service just wasn't good enough. I am 22 years old and this is just how we found our holiday.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
9 Thank Sarahlo28
Efgan D, Yönetici at Club Tarhan Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
Dear Sarah,

Thank you for taking your time and visiting Majesty Club Tarhan Beach.

Our staff, in particular our Front Office team, is very disappointed you left with the perception that our staff is unfriendly. We take an enormous amount of pride in the services we provide and in creating wonderful memories; we are deeply saddened you clearly did not enjoy your visit.

Evening entertainment shows changing and performing different shows every night. These programs are planning for two weeks period. For instance Comedy Show and MTV Dance Show, The Best Couple Competition, Mr. and Mrs.Hotel, Foam Party, Fire Show, Notre-Dam De Paris Musical Show, Turkish Night, Moulin Rouge Musical Show, Live Band, Pool Party, Crystal Dance Show and so on..
Majesty Club Tarhan Beach has fan page on Facebook and all the shows' and parties' pictures displaying every so often on the timeline.

Once again we are really sorry we could not managed to reach your expectation as you wished.

Thank you again for being our guest and we will look forward to have another chance to give you better hospitality in Majesty Club Tarhan Beach.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Hotel was lovely, animation team & staff were friendly & very helpful when needed. They had pool games & an activity each afternoon. Archery, shooting, even foam psrtys! & kids club from 10am-12:30pm & 2:30pm-5:30pm. Brilliant if your child is over 4 as it works like a cheche, any under 4& you have to sit with them.

The food was good but even on theme nights you basically got the same food with only a few varying trays. After a few days we were getting bored. Also trying to feed the kids was a nightmare & other parents agreed when we spoke to them. The children ended up having their main meal at the snack bar on a lunch time & ate pizza. Italian restaurant if you book is to die for.

I took 2 children aged 2y & 4y & had booked a family room. When we got there, the last family room had been given away so we were given a room that sleeps 4. There was a double bed & a single bed squashed together & another single bed up the other end of the room which we could not see due to it being slotted down the other side of the bathroom. We all ended up sleeping on the double & single together for the whole 2 weeks.
This single bed next to the double also had a screw sticking out of the bed frame which my 2 year old caught & scratched his stomach on.

Service was lovely though & the only rep we had wad the one based in Turkey. He was amazing & helped with our requests!

• Stayed May 2014
6 Thank MotherOfTwoUK
Efgan D, Yönetici at Club Tarhan Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and complete our customer survey based on your last stay in our hotel. We are quite honored by your comments and delighted your family enjoyed your vacation with us.

We will share your beautiful comments with our staff and we hope to see you very soon in your Didim home, Majesty Club Tarhan Beach.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I have just come back from here after a fantastic week the hotel is lovely with an excellent choice of food throughout the day. The staff and entertainment team are very polite and friendly they work hard and long hours. The beach is nice with golden sand and shallow water. My only downfall is out of the hotel there isnt a lot to do unless you travel into the town centre. I would recommend this hotel and I am already planning to go back in sept

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank jmougis
Efgan D, Yönetici at Club Tarhan Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel and our accommodations. We are quite honored by your comments and delighted your family enjoyed your vacation with us. We will be sure to share your satisfaction with our entire team.

Hope to see you soon again for better experience.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Returned on 2nd June from a week stay. Extremely good value for money, all of the staff were polite and helpful, the place is spotless and the private beach is beautiful (lovely sunset in the evenings) The entertainment was a bit dodgy and not suited to children at times. I really liked the food, I'm not a fussy eater though. I tried most of the dishes on offer and have to say it was all delicious and all made freshly in front of you. There was always an option for children too. The beach bar serves snacks and salads all day too and again the food was lovely. The only gripe I have is with the kids club. When I first took my daughter in, the staff said I have to sign her in and out and should leave her with them which having been on a few holidays with kids club I was happy to do, I also left my number incase there was a problem but they weren't far from where I was anyway. One day my daughter got upset and so another child she had made friends with said she'd take my daughter to her mum and the staff let them leave!!!! A 7 and 5 year old. I was not at all impressed when I went to collect her and she wasn't there only to find her thankfully sitting with some people we had met. The complex is very secure and safe but I think that this is terrible especially as I was informed of the 'sign in and out procedure' and they had my number. I wouldn't advise people to leave their children there. Other than that, I couldn't fault the hotel. It's an absolute bargain for the price we paid.

• Stayed May 2014
6 Thank brookesmummy
Dear Guest,

Please accept warm greetings from all the employees working at Majesty Club Tarhan Beach.

We appreciate your feedback and thank you for staying at our hotel during your recent holiday.

This is very big error in kids club because in our health and safety risk assessment there is no such an action should be taken by mini club staffs. Please accept our big apologies for this and i assure you that no other guest will get the same experience you get.

We hope to have you once again in Majesty Club Tarhan Beach for your summer holidays in Didim.

Sincerely.
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 June 2014

my daughter booked this holiday last minuet i was not looking forward to going it was a place i just did want to go but im so glad i did the staff work so hard and very long hours and they are as polite to you at the beginning of their shift as they are at the end they go out off their way to make your stay as pleasant as possible there is even two guys that run round taking photos taking those you cant get like all together and so on one of the guys is called Speedy and i think the other one is called jerry they did not hassle you to have the photos or in your face with it they was very polite and frendly and i know you thinking they should be has that`their job but thats not the case the hotel was out of this world has you walk in to the lobby and there was big statues all around you would think that you was some where else it really is so beautiful and so clean the maid cleaned your room every day every one is given a towel for you to use a round the pool or on the beach and you can take ti back every day if you want and exchange it for a clean one they really do look after you and you are definelty on holiday the food was plenty and fresh you know it is because you see them making it even the bread thank you to all the staff for all you do for making our holiday so relaxing J Whitehead room 108

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
11 Thank joannewhitead
Efgan D, Yönetici at Club Tarhan Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear Joanne,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent holiday and for sharing your stay experience.We all really try our best to make everyone's holiday a special one. I will definitely share your kind words with all my team friends.