“2 weeks of pure luxury”

Club Tarhan Beach Hotel
Ranked #11 of 77 Hotels in Didim
“2 weeks of pure luxury”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

My family and I 4 kids aged 5/10/14/17 and family friend aged 17arrived in the early hours of the 24th June and we had booked 2 rooms which were of good enough standard.
My wife and our 2 smaller children had to change rooms and the reception staff couldn't of been any more helpful. We changed as my 5 yr old had a broken arm and we wanted a ground floor.
The entertainment staff were superb something for everyone and every day was such good fun.
We met so many lovely people including the two guys who took the photos I have never bought any photos before but this time we came home with an album and I'm glad I did they were so professional and the photos were superb.
I have never so many different nationalities in one place and apart from some ignorant Russians who wouldn't stand in a que for food or drink everyone was brilliant. About the food breakfast and lunch was superb but dinner was repetitive but you always got something to do you. My wife and kids had an absolutely superb holiday and would defo go back again.
I love the Turkish people they are so friendly an honest who like us like a bit of crack.
Jon stephenson
N.ireland

• Stayed June 2014
4 Thank Stevojon
Majesty T, Manager at Club Tarhan Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent holiday and for sharing your stay experience. Your opinions are very important for us to improve our negatives. We all really try our best to make everyone's holiday a special one. I will definitely share your kind words with all my team friends.

Thank you again for taking the time to review us. We sincerely hope to have the pleasure to count you once again among our guests.

Kind Regards.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 17 July 2014

My and my boyfriend stayed at Club Tarhan from 15th-22nd May 2014. We have been to Turkey a few times and know what to expect in terms of 4*/5* hotels. My parent shad also visited this hotel for a cheap week away the previous year. This turned out to be good value for us, we only paid around £370. We were checked in really quickly and our cases were takent to our room for us. We had an inland second floor apartment, the surroundings are very pretty - lots of flowers which they were planting that week and we could still see the sea out past the other apartments. We only paid for a promotional room so were given twin beds, however we pushed these together and within a day or two the maids started putting a double sheet over the both so we weren't fussed. The hotel wasn't particularly busy and we didn't have to get up early for sunbeds - we grabbed them at 8.30am on the way to breakfast most days. Both pools are nice but we preferred the top pool by the bar, the animation team spent less time there although they weren't particularly loud and were all very nice. Food was good in the mornings we had pancakes, egg on toast, omlette, toast and honey and cereal. Most lunchtimes we ate down at the beach bar which has salads, fresh chicken off a spit, burgers, pizza - all the usual but we just liked eating buy the beach. In the evening there was always a choice of food and some themed nights. We tried dining at the Italian a la carte restaraunt which wasn't our best decision - the food was similar to that in the main restaraunt and took a long time to come out - it was lso a little cramped. However we had a good laugh and it was nice to be served. We were told by other guests that the Turkish a la carte was lovely so maybe try that one. One thing I would say about going in May is that most of the seating for the main restaraunt is outside and at that time of year in the evening a breeze comes up from the sea - we were a little chilly. The bar staff were lovely and sometimes brought us drinks to the sunbeds, my boyfriend was particularly happy as Famous Grouse was included with the AI. We did feel that sometimes - especially in the lobby bar - that the staff did not have enough help. This was a 24 hour bar and we only saw one girl working there - most of the time alone. That bar quite busy but she did an amazing job. We never go to see the animation shows but it came highly recommended and actually they were all very talented dancers and put on a very good performance. However make sure you have some mossie spray in the arena. Altikum was around a 20 minute drive by dolmus (depending on what driver you had), cost 2 lira pp to Dolphin Square and you catch it right outside the main gates. Youcan walk around the coastline to a large outdoor market in about 20/25 minutes but its better to go after 5pm as a lot of it was just opening up when we got there at 4. There is a restaraunt just outsife the hotel serving a full english breakfast for around £4 if you feel the need. The reception staff were very helpful and the young lady sorted out our return trainsfers for us as we were having trouble. There is wifi in the reception. My only problem with the hotel was the lack of seating in the lobby - any warmer time of year it wouldn't have mattered but since it was chilly in the evenings, everybody headed inside and the lobby got very busy and there are very few seats. Not sure what else to say - all in all - great holiday!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Poppy L
Majesty T, Manager at Club Tarhan Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 20 July 2014
Dear Guest,

On behalf of our team members and myself , thank you for taking the time to write to tripadvisor and comment on your recent experience at Majesty Club Tarhan Beach. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. I will share your comments with my team members!

I look forward to welcoming you back at Majesty Club Tarhan Beach in the future.

belfast
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Me, my wife and 2 of our children stayed here from 27th June to 11 July 2014, we really enjoyed our stay, the hotel itself is fantastic and spotless clean, the food seems to be catered for the Eastern European visitors but that was kind if expected. I always found something I liked and same for the kids. My wife is a fussy eater and really struggled, but it took nothing away from what was a great trip. The bar staff were very helpful and they seem to be getting on top of the etiquette that Uk/Irish people are used to in regards queueing and general courtesy. The entertainment leaves a lot to be desired (definitely not for children) and the actual entertainment staff are the only negative things I would say about the hotel. One real positive that came from our stay was "Speedy" the photographer, he was amazing with both our kids and a real bright spark to have around the place. Maybe the entertainment staff could learn a thing or two from him, all in all we had a great holiday, thank you Majesty!!! Dee and Julie Ritchie (room 605)

• Stayed July 2014
4 Thank deegnm
Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing us and giving feedbacks.

After your feedback about evening entertainment, we stopped that part of the show and we started to give warning to guests by microphone before show starts if the show is not suitable for kids.
Thank you again for being our guest and we will look forward to have another chance to give you better hospitality in Majesty Club Tarhan Beach.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Well - where do I start..... having read mixed reviews about this hotel before I went on holiday I was feeling a bit anxious but went with an open mind. I will start with the good points:- Hotel is very clean, the grounds are kept very neat & tidy by the gardeners who work tirelessly, the rooms although basic & quite small are cleaned every day & fresh towels are put in the rooms every day too. The pools are clean & the lifeguards on duty are very vigilant and keep things in order. The animation team also work tirelessly all day long and keep the holidaymakers entertained.

Now for the BAD POINTS!!!!!

Upon arrival there were only 3 pillows in the room - my sister and I and my 10 yr old niece had to use blankets & bathrobes to bolster the very thin pillows . We asked the following day at reception for 3 extra pillows and were told that they would be put in our room - after waiting 4 DAYS!!!! & asking 8TIMES!!! for pillows it took asking to speak to the Guest Relations Manager and say that they would be getting a bad review on Trip Advisor for them to eventually send 3 extra pillows to our room - this was dealt with in an hour !!

The choice food in the restaurants was limited to say the least - CHIPS for Breakfast/lunch & dinner, RUDE COOKS (cannot call them chefs!!) - the woman doing the pancakes in the morning has a real attitude problem - one day she tried to give me a raw pancake and when i brought this to her attention she grabbed my plate off me and threw the pancakes to the side and tried to serve someone else!!! (who happened to be Russian and skipped the queue - like they did at all meal times). The rude cook who was in charge of the chicken was very rude also - when I dared to ask to choose my own food he threw the tongs at me. The worst evening meal I had was on 8th July - it was all fish on the menu (which I don’t eat) and the only food that was available was Chicken which had been going round & round on a skewer - but when i was served my paltry serving it was cold!!! I had to reheat this in the microwave!!!!!!!!!! and when I tried to bring this to the attention of the restaurant manager he turned his back on me and ignored me!!!!! I was LIVID!!!! at this and went to reception to complain only to be told that there wasn’t anyone available to deal with my complaint. I was then put onto the Guest Relation Manager on the telephone who said that he would deal with my complaint in the morning. The matter was dealt with in a professional and pleasant manner the next day by the female Guest Relation Manager (I am not sure of her name or the male Guest Relation Manager whom I dealt with) and we were offered the free use of one of the pavilions for the day which went a little way to compensating for the RUDENESS of the restaurant staff.

The food in the restaurant was also cold & the burners were switched off long before meals are meant to be served - breakfast was 8-10 - burners switched off at 9.45am most days. Lunch was 12.30 - 2.00pm - burners were off at 1.30pm most days and dinner was 7-9.00pm and burners were off at 8.30pm most days. The food was being taken off the griddles/burners and placed into cold Bain Maries.

Another surprising thing was that on the last two days of our holiday the drinks were being served from bottles and not from the machines with no explanation.

To end on some good points the hotel is in a lovely location, the beach is clean and the water is pleasant to swim in, most of the staff were pleasant and helpful & the fact that the lobby bar was open 24 hours was a plus point too.

Overall we had a good holiday only let down by the food & rude staff in the restaurants.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Audrey N
Majesty T, Manager at Club Tarhan Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Dear Audrey,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent holiday and for sharing your stay experience. Your oppinions are very important for us to improve our negatives. First of all, I wish to apologize for any unhappiness and dissatisfaction.
Please be assured that we take such feedback seriously and the areas highlighted in your comments are being addressed for immediate improvement and permanent resolution.

Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Me and a friend stayed here in June for 1 week, it was incredible! From the moment we arrived we were treated like royalty! The staff couldn't do enough for you, the complex was so clean, maid service and fresh towels daily! The food in the main restaurant was fab! I'm a real fussy eater and even I never went hungry!!
The rooms are basic but all you need them for is to shower and sleep.
We had a Turkish bath (WOW) and an hour and a half massage and a facial for £30! Perfect relaxing start to the holiday!
The entertainment team are great, and the waiters at the pool bar too! They always made feel special!
The photography team were fab too! Mustafa took our photos one evening, he is brilliant!
Cocktails were tasty, beach was lovely, pool very clean. The sunbeds were all claimed with towels by the time we'd make it to the pool, but they have a pile of spares so you just need to ask.
This hotel is amazing! Something for everyone! See you soon Tarhan!!

• Stayed June 2014
8 Thank suzie467
Majesty T, Manager at Club Tarhan Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear Suzie,

I am thrilled to read your review, and on the behalf of the entire team, I would like to thank you personally for expressing your satisfaction regarding your stay among us.

If you enjoyed to the fullest your vacations, then your memories are the best award for us...Hopefully on your next visit, we can create new memories, by surprising your with new concepts and a more dedicated service.

Again thank you so much for those great comments.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Having just returned from my holiday at this hotel, it was the first time I had been to turkey and it is safe to say its not the place for me.
The hotel is in very nice grounds lovely pool area with its own beach and jetty where there are plenty of sun loungers as long as you get up early to save them. we arrived in the early hours of the morning so went straight to bed when I woke in the morning my bed was crawling with ants and when I went to reception I was told that they would "treat the room" it wasn't until my friend lifted her handbag of the desk and all ants were all over the desk that agreed to move us, our room after that was much better.

The food in the hotel on most days was disgusting and it seemed that they mainly catered for Russian,Germans ect it was always cold and for most of the 2weeks I was there lived on chips and bread rolls.There is a restaurant across the road from the hotel that serves a very good English breakfast very cheaply, the man that owns it speaks very good English and is lovely.

The animation team do excellent entertainment during the day but at night very little is done and what they do is somewhat silly and difficult to understand as not much English was spoken.

The spa and massage centre is well worth a visit very friendly staff and a great massage.

On the whole my holiday was ok the weather was fantastic and the staff were ok the waiters and waitresses did an excellent job of clearing tables sometimes when you had not even finished eating he he.

The one really bad thing about the hotel is that it is full of Russians who are rude they push in front of you when you are getting your food or drinks and they talk to the staff and other holiday makers with disrespect and that the hotel is a little far out of altinkum so you have to get a bus which is a 45 minute busride and its your life in there hands.

Room Tip: Don't have ground floor
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank Michelle S
Dear Michelle,

First of all, we would like to thank you for taking the time to review us.
As we are deeply committed to achieving our guest’s total satisfaction, your opinion is very important to us. We would like to offer our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience that you have experienced throughout your stay. At the same time you can feel assured that your comments helped us identify or focus on any possible deficiencies that may exist in our hotel and take whatever corrective actions may be necessary.

Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent any future occurrences. We appreciate the time you took to share your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Boston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Having just returned from a week's holiday at the Majesty Club Tarhan, Didim, Turkey which gives excellent value for money for families on an All Inclusive Basis. The hotel boasts a mini waterpark within a well-catered for family complex. The animation team working very hard throughout the day, but disappointingly, the animation team only staged one good evening performance, the rest Were somewhat disappointing and sometimes silly. If you are travelling as a couple there are plenty of sun-beds around the complex and a very nice wooden jetty into the sea away from the maddening crowd, and the constant din of pounding music all day long around the swimming pool.

The spa and massage centre are excellent and for the men, £2.50 gets you a shave and a back massage lasting 30 minutes! If you speak Eastern European you will be better understood than if you speak English. I asked to exchange money and was told where the Italian restaurant was located! At the restaurant, I asked for a bottle of Rose wine and was given a glass!

Beware - the restaurant closes at 9.00pm, this means it closes at 9.00pm so please don't arrive for dinner at 8.45pm as they switch the lights off at 9.15pm, regardless if you have finished your meal or not! I complained to the Manager about this and they now switch the lights off at 9.30pm! Again, I wanted to exchange money using my visa card and was told they don't have a visa machine! However on my last day after checking out, I forgot to pay for the room safe and had no remaining Turkish lira. Surprise, surprise a visa machine was quickly produced!

DISAPPOINTING!

Beware - of the chrome safety handrails leading up the steps to Reception where I sliced my fingers in three separate places on the poor workmanship of the rough metalwork. When I brought this to the attention of the staff at Reception they directed me to the bar even though my hand was now dripping with blood. I later managed to find a roll of sellotape to cover all of the sharp metal areas on the handrail, which encapsulated my own dried blood on the handrail from the accident earlier thinking it would be cleaned and repaired the next day as a priority. That evening I also informed Security. The following morning nothing had been done so I informed the Duty Manager. The following day I informed the Hotel Manager. Four days later on leaving the hotel, the tape and my blood were still on the handrail and nothing had been done! (see photo).

BEWARE!

Beware, don't bother using the lock-up room for your luggage, as when you come to collect it the chances are that it will be missing! We spent 20 minutes in sheer panic looking for our luggage, trying to enlist help from the various staff members. The first person was the 'bell-boy' who had put the luggage in the lock-up room in the first place, then two Reception girls and a 'welcome to the hotel' member who was situated next to the lock-up room, but all were clueless and did nothing to help us find our missing bags. As a last resort, 5 minutes before the coach was due to leave for airport I tried to enlist the help of the General Manager and got the Reception Manager who told me he had placed our luggage in the lobby area ready for us to collect 15 minutes before we were due to depart! After a few choice words, trying to explain how stupid and irresponsible this was, and perhaps it would have made commonsense to inform his staff, not to mention us, his customers, and in future, for the benefit of security, it might be a far more sensible managerial decision to leave customers' luggage in light of security, in the lock-up room which is what it is designed for!, rather than in a lobby area with approximately 100 people all arriving and leaving at the same time.

One final thing ..... if they tell you that the bus is departing at 7.00pm, it will be at least 30-40 minutes late, not once was the bus on time, not even for our final departure to the airport, which was lucky for us having just lost our luggage!

Raymond and Alma

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Raymond S
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback.

Your opinion is very important to us. After reading your comments it sounds like you were happy with some aspects of the holiday. We are sorry that you feel this way about the others.

First of all the Animation Team do work very hard to cater for many different age groups and nationalities. So some activities may come across 'silly' to yourself but enjoyable to others. It sounds like you have had some communication issues with some staff members. We do have Guest Relations available to speak to, they would be more than happy to help you with any communication problems as they speak very good English.
The card machine is there for convenience so that guests can pay for any hotel extras by card but money exchange is provided for through cash transactions.

Many apologies about the handraul: the problem has now been solved. We take Health and Safety very seriously and we appreciate you making us aware of this issue.

Once again, many thanks for your feedback and all of these issues will be discussed further.