“kusmez is great”

Ranked #33 of 76 Hotels in Didim
england
“kusmez is great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2008

my husband and i have just returned home, after staying at the kusmez hotel. we were greated with open arms and a friendly smile off all the staff.nothing was too much for them, yes there are dogs around but not only in the car park at the kusmez hotel. we never saw any problems with any of the animals only the mozzies which attack you regularly?
the hotel itself was very clean and well maintained. we will be going back either this year or next, carnt wait. go to the riva restaurant it has the cheapest efes and barcardies and has a good menu to choose from

from jan and john in redcar cleveland

• Liked — friendlyness of the staff, cleniiness of rooms and pool area
  • Disliked — too mamy stairs, no lift
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Turkish first
Manchester
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2008

Myself and my husband stayed at the Kusmez for a week in May, and couldn't fault the place. Our room was clean and comfortable. The staff were so friendly and really had you feeling that nothing was too much trouble. The pool was kept clean as was the pool area. The food at the hotel was excellent. We had a sea view room with a balcony which was lovely. The beach is across a small car park area. I was a little apprehensive about the Kusmez after reading some reviews, but having been there, I wouldnt hesitate to go back there.All in all, a lovely little hotel, run by very friendly people. See you all soon.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple
Hartlepool
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2008

This is a fantastic hotel......what really makes it is the staff it is basic as hotels go but what you get is fantastic location (beach two ) and very good service. I would say that it is for "older people" or people looking for a quieter location with night life within a few mins walk..............im that dissapointed that im going again in a few weeks time see you at the end of march.................Hadji you owe me a drink lol

• Liked — out of the way but easy to walk to
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sispen
n. ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2008

we go to turkey 3 to 4 times a year and this was our first to altinkum (where we have bought a lovely apartment). the kusmez was a disgrace. the door couldnt lock as there was no lock or door frame. we had to kick up a stink to get moved and got moved to another room which was worse. it had no door lock, the balcony door could not be fully closed. the shower enclosure could not be opened or closed, the shower ran constantly, the smoke alarm was broke and hanging from the ceiling. the toilet was dark brown, it stank and the floor was wet. the bed sheets were spotless but were on a bed that appeared to be taken from a skip and the wardrobe door was off and sitting against the wall. we got moved again and this room was better but the door lock was again useless and the architrave was missing and the door frames hanging off. the pool was filthy and no one appeared to give a dom. our first breakfast was our last as we stayed out of the room as much as possible and ended up being a lovely hotel room by the apartment seller so we stayed elsewhere for 8 days and nights. this place would be condemmed anywhere else. we got a deal through goldtrail and didnt pay 5star prices but we didnt pay to stay in a near derilict building either.

i have pictures of everything i have stated here.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE.

• Liked — the location
  • Disliked — the whole stay
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled as a couple
stoke-on-trent
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2007

just come back for the third time this year from altinkum have been many times before over the last 14 years its a place you love or hate my daughters and my self love it. I put it down to the people you become like family,but dont be taken in by everybody young turkish boys love to charm the english ladies i know i myself with 2 daughters aged 25 and 32 had plenty of charm but we dont fall for it and when they know this they become friends with alot of respect for you. The kusmez hotel is a simple hotel needs a few jobs doing like showers ,carpet and extra draw space if 3 sharing a room but clean and very relaxed atmospher and in a lovely location facing the beach food also good,for a change you must visit the BLUE OCEAN restaurant and bar if you come out of the hotel by the pool go right and its just 200 yards on the left up the side road John the owner is great nothing to much trouble his food is the best I have had from devenshire cream tea to turkish dishes his hospitality is second to none and his restaurant is a little different we spent many hours sitting talking it was great,if you are not coming from the kusmez hotel he is just up from second beach near to the chinese restaurant we will be visiting altinkum again if its just to see old friends.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — needed more cupboard space in room
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled with family
2 Thank sunshine5564
Devon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2007

My partner and I stayed at the Kusmez in June 2007 at the same time as my parents.The hotel were so kind they gave us rooms next to each other and we had a fabulous sea view.
We ate in the hotel on several occasions and the food was excellent.
The staff were very friendly and could not do enough to please us.All in all, a great holiday.

• Liked — The family run atmosphere
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled as a couple
3 Thank mariej3
Uk
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2007

Booked a last minute deal through Goldtrail for a very cheap price so wasn't expecting much. However, I was very nicely surprised by both the accomodation and the resort. The hotel rooms were very basic but we did know this before travelling. There was no lamp which was a bit annoying, so when reading at night I had to keep the big light on which wasn't so good for my poor mother who I was sharing with, as it kept her awake. However, that is me being picky. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. The staff were exceptional. Very friendly and polite and I got the sense that I, and my belongings, were very safe in the hotel. We were informed that the owner is the local deputy mayor and therefore they aim to maintain high customer service standards as he has a reputation to keep. All the staff made a big effort for us and everyone else who was staying here and we very much sensed the family atmosphere. The hotel is located right on the beach which is great. It is also located near to the busy bars and restaurants but not so near that you get the noise at night, ie the location is perfect. There is lots to do nearby, lots for kids and adults alike, a lovely beach, nice shops, bars and restaurants. In other words what we paid for this holiday was an absolute bargain. I really enjoyed my stay, and this coming from a self-confessed holiday snob. Would recommend.

• Liked — Great value for money, a really good 'cheapy' holiday.
  • Disliked — The rooms were very basic but you certainly do get what you pay for.
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with family