“So glad we found this on the NS Tourism website” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of GAEL Tours

GAEL Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Bay of Fundy, Digby, Nova Scotia. Stones, Steeples, Ships, and Seafood Tour: Experience Digby’s historic streetscapes and the culture of an active fishing community. Sample fare from the sea as we stroll the waterfront.Plankton, Periwinkles and Predators Tour:Explore the spectacular rocky shore while we take a close-up view of the flora and fauna and discover the effects of the giant tides of Fundy.
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“So glad we found this on the NS Tourism website”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013

Took advantage of the Shore and Whale watch tour listed the Gael Tours website. Day started with a Whale Watch with Petit Passage Whale Watch tours and Greg decided to come along for the trip to have a chance to get to know his group better. Felt like we had our own personal guide along and the whales and dolphins did not disappoint.
Package continued with lunch at the Petit Passage Cafe where we enjoyed a delightful meal (with recommendations from Greg).
Greg made arrangements to meet us later in the day in Digby but left us with some tips as to what best to explore along the drive back to Digby (about 45 min from East Ferry to Digby). Very relaxed journey as lingered over ice cream and took side trips to Sandy Cove.
Met up with Greg as planned and joined another family for a trip to Point Prim. Glad to have sturdy shoes as we climbed down the shoreline to areas previously covered by water when the tide was in. We happened to be visiting on a full moon so even more of shore exposed.
Greg very knowledgeable and you can tell he thoroughly enjoys sharing the treasures of the area. Our family had teenagers in tow who enjoyed getting into the hunt for living crabs and star fish but have to admit that having smaller children along made for great questions. Greg very much a teacher, not a lecturer so you get drawn into exploring and caretaking what the sea leaves behind.
This was our last day in NS and so glad we found this activity to wrap up a trip of a lifetime for our family. Thanks Greg!

1 Thank Jakeez
GAELTours, Owner at GAEL Tours, responded to this review, 25 September 2013
Thank you for the very nice review. What a great day we had! I very much enjoyed the opportunity to meet your family and share the wonders of the Bay of Fundy with you. From plankton to whales, it was a memorable time!

Victoria Capital Regional District, Canada
66 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 91 helpful votes
“Don't miss this experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013 via mobile

We had such a great tour with Greg. It was just my boyfriend and me. It happened to be a very foggy day so the lighthouse was blaring. That just added to the atmosphere. What a fun time we had and boy did we learn a lot! Highly recommended for all ages. Wear sturdy shoes and be prepared to climb all over the rocks and slippery seaweed.

3 Thank Jennifer B
GAELTours, Owner at GAEL Tours, responded to this review, 30 August 2013
We really appreciate the nice review! It sure was foggy at the start, but what a day it turned out to be. I enjoyed showing you the wonders of a Bay of Fundy rocky shore. Lots of plankton in the net, a green crab showing a regrown claw, cooperative barnacles and the coastline revealed as the foggy veil lifted. Thanks for choosing GAEL Tours!
nj
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“Great experience for the whole family”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013

This is the reason I love TA. Otherwise, I never would have discovered this gem of an experience. Greg is a former high school teacher who brings alive the world hidden at the edge of the shore line. Our kids (ages 9,13 and 18) took to him instantly as he had all sorts of ways to engage them in discovering the world within the tidal pools, seaweed, etc. We spent two hours with him on a Sunday late afternoon after a day that included whale watching and tooling around Brier Island. We met him in Digby at the visitors center by the harbor, and followed him 10 minutes or so to the beach. The setting was beautiful. The tides dictate when he does your tour, so I would contact him ahead of time to figure that out. We had great fun walking along the rocks, doing little experiments, and seeing the sea life in action. If you like discovering the world around you, Greg is a wonderful teacher, and gifted with kids
(though I wouldn't hesitate to do this if we were just on our own, either.)

1 Thank chickyskids
GAELTours, Owner at GAEL Tours, responded to this review, 26 August 2013
Thanks so much for your nice review of Plankton, Periwinkles and Predators! I am so pleased your family enjoyed our Bay of Fundy experience. You sure packed a lot into your adventures that day and I greatly appreciated your enthusiasm and being able to interact with all of you!
Oakville, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Above and Beyond”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

What a fabulous tour! Greg was amazing with us and our kids (age 13 years and 7years). It was just our family of 4 along with a family of 3 along for the morning tour. He was so informative and really made all that "learning stuff" fun. Greg is a retired science teacher and was really able to speak at our kids level making it fun. He brought along all kinds of cool microscopes, collection bottles and gadgets that we needed.Both our kids were hands on in digging for all the amazing things that can be found at the bottom of the ocean when the tide is low. We went back to our camp site and continued to explore but this time we knew what were were looking at. We even saw a seal watching us as were walked along the sea. Best part: feeding plankton to the barnacles..."very very cool" as quoted by my 13 year old son.
When our excursion was done, we had also booked through Greg the whale watching. Not only did he drive there with us, but he kindly offered to come on the ride with us and continue our science class. He was again able to engage the kids with books and photos explaining everything to them as we rode the hour boat ride out to the whales.
I can not say enough about Greg, he is a very smart man with an amazing heart and a whole lot of fun. He even sent a follow up email to be sure the kids enjoyed themselves.
It is a do not miss tour to do. I hope to have photos to follow, but I just wanted to get this review up as soon as we got in as it was one of the true highlights of our trip.

GAELTours, Owner at GAEL Tours, responded to this review, 19 August 2013
Thank you so much for the kind words in your review. Your family was a lot of fun and very engaged in the day's activities. I enjoyed every minute!
Owen Sound
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Amazing hands-on science!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2013

Originally this was planned as a treat for my partner who really likes science. I like science a bit so I was not super excited. I had so much fun! Greg was amazing and really informative. His experience really made the time we spent with him worthwhile. We travelled further in the Bay of Fundy and kept the things we learned about with him in mind as we went. Definitely worthwhile and we will definitely suggest this to our friends and family that will be in the area soon.

All of the information and hands-on activities really helped us enjoy the Bay of Fundy that much more. I know school is out right now but for a 27 and 33 year old this experience really enhanced our vacation. Great for all ages!

Feeding barnacles was definitely a highlight!

Visited July 2013
GAELTours, Owner at GAEL Tours, responded to this review, 19 August 2013
Thank you for the very nice review! The intertidal zone sure was cooperative and gave us lots to see. I hope you will be able to use some Bay of Fundy references in your classroom! It was a pleasure showing you the shore!