“A bit disappointed ”

Relais Spa Val d'Europe
Chesham, United Kingdom
“A bit disappointed ”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

I went away on business and usually stay in 3* hotels so was very excited to be staying at a 4* Spa hotel.
My room had two single beds on wheels, on a wooden floor so if I moved in my sleep my bed moved, and I could also hear the couple next door, ahem.
Also, there weren't any bottles of water in the room (not even ones you have to pay for) and when I went down in the morning to get one from the bar I was told the bar was closed for a function and I could only get water with breakfast. I explained I wasn't meeting my colleagues for another hour for breakfast, but was informed I couldn't go in twice so there was no way I could have water at the moment. I was very surprised and disappointed by this, and my overall stay (many of my colleagues had to be moved as the heating was broken in their rooms).

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dibrugarh, India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

I had chosen this since it was near Disney Land and I travelled along with my wife and our daughter and son. We had a horrendous experience while having breakfast at the ground floor resturant on 1st may, 2014. My wife's hand bag was stolen while the bag was still on her shoulder as she was helping my son with his breakfast. We lost all the passports, euro rail tickets, electronic items and some cash. Apparnently a seasoned thief posing as a guest, sitting next to us somehow managed to steal the bag and within seconds left from an exit towards the roadside and entered into a white van parked outside on the street and vanished. I have reasons to belive that some staff of the hotel are hand in gloves with the criminals. The hotel refused to show me the CCTV footage. No senior management came to our aid. Only one junior staff took us to the police station. The Police did not show any serious concern. The Policemen who came to the hotel did not even make an attempt to investigate the issue. We were very shocked to find that a four star resturant like this has no security arrangements. There were very apparent racist overtones as we were asked to sober down and not talk in raised voices as it could alarm other guests. In fact, I thought that the other guests better be alarmed since they could become next victims of such organsied crime. With young kids I had to go through hell to arrange emergency passports and somehow return to India cancelling most of our onward journeys. The hotel even did not have the courtesy to send me an e-mail enquiring about my whereabouts or even offering to help me becasue they are solely responsible for this mishap. Since I was struggling to arrange my documents to return home, I could not pursue my case with the hotel, which now I will using all the forces in my command. I hope that any guests planning a trip to this hotel must keep this aspect in mind that you could be the next victim. I am a fare person so what was good about the hotel like rooms. cleanliness etc, I have rated generously. But if I do not expose this darker side of the hotel management, I will be failing in my duty as a gobal citizen. While, I shall be suing the hotel for casuing me and my family such mental, physial and financial harassment, I know that nothing can give us back what we have lost most - our dignity and the hard earned holiday, which we had planned for such a long time. The whole incident has created a deep mental wound in the minds of my two kids so much so that Paris as a city and France as a nation for them are two frightening words. I am also very concerned that the French Government could allow such a hotel to operate which has no security measures whatsoever and can violate even basic security protocols like checking the identity of guests as they come for breakfast in an in-house resturant. It is very rare and unnatural that a non guest will enter such a hotel for breakfast. I have visited number of countires in three continents but never ever stayed in such a hotel - what people say a developed nation with such poor security cover as well as lack of any business ethics.

For those who happen to be in this hotel you just can ask them about this incident that happened on 1st May, 2014 at 9.30 AM. I am sure nobody even remembers it or are happy to underplay the same. It may be noted that besides Police Report, I also have a letter from the hotel wherein they have acknowledged the incident. As a freelance journalist, I have now decided to share my experinces globally, exposing how apparently high end hotels are embroiled in con rackets and targetting innocent guests, assuming these tourists will not be able to raise their voices or do much about the incident. Its time that such arrogance is taught a lesson.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
23 Thank Tridivh
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

Yes, the location is great for Disneyland but not impressed by this hotel! first, they have wifi access but is so slow that you are not able to use it! at the moment of my visit i was not eating any meat or fish! so, went in to the restaurant for dinner! the staff was very helpful but not the kitchen! they send me some plain boiled spinach and beans: veggie option in a four star hotel restaurant! did enjoy the nice little breads they offer before the main courses! Overall this hotel is ok but i will not go back, sorry!

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

The area the hotel was in was fab! Couple of minutes walk from the station, which was only two minutes from disneyland paris. There was a shopping centre about five mins walk from the hotel with loads of shops and a massive supermarket.
Staff were ok, would stay again

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Skoosh

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

I booked an appartmant for four adults and was given one that had two seperate single beds and a small sofa bed. I complained to the lady that booked me in immediately after seeing the room and she refused to change the room and was very indifferent to my concerns and complaint. Since I checked in late I had no other option but to stay for the night. I could not sleep all night because of the discomfort.

Review collected in partnership with Skoosh

Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

Stayed at this hotel for our honeymoon and found it to be an excellent hotel. On arrival we were greeted by the reception staff who informed us of our room and information about the spa/swimming pool. Then went to our room and it was very clean and luxurious. The kitchenette contains a kettle, coffee maker, hob, microwave, fridge and dishwasher, the only downside to the kitchen is it does not have a toaster which would have come in handy. As previous reviewers have posted there was only one knife and fork.

The main room contains two single beds, a tv, a selection of storage space for clothes and a table and chairs. There was plenty of space for clothes although in the wardrobe there were only three coat hangers.

The bathroom was lovely and the shower is powerful. There is also a bath, toilet and sink.

The swimming pool and spa area are really relaxing and although families with children will be disappointed, it was lovely as a couple without kids to be able to go swimming in a relaxed atmosphere. The steam room and sauna were good, as was the Jacuzzi. We didn't have any spa treatments although there is a range available from simple massages to longer treatments.

The hotel is in an excellent location; no longer than 5 minutes walk to the train station and the shopping centre which includes a big supermarket. The train is one stop until Disneyland which cost 3.70 for two tickets. Val d'Europe is a new area and the buildings are modern and clean. There are some restaurants nearby which were cheaper than the hotel, although we ate at Disneyland or in the hotel.

I would definitely recommend this hotel and I am looking to go back (we only returned yesterday!).

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lucinda H
Lisbon, Portugal
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

This hotel has nice installations, reasonnable bedrooms and is very well located in the new quarter of Chessy - near the RER Station, so very easy to go to Disneyland Paris.
But the service is very poor and the staff unhelpful. I demanded another blanket and the first answer was that the Hotel was full and there wasn't any spare blanket?!?! I also demanded a baby bed that they delivered but I had to mount it and dismount it Myself?!?!
It claims that It has free Wi-fi but it's deceiving because it's praticably impossible to log in, in 3 days, I sucedeed it only once! And it was no use because it was a very slow connection. WHen I complained about that, they lied telling that the problem was in the whole village?!?
My room was in the first floor that is very noisy because you can hear the garbage and delivery trucks and the building in front is under work and construction, so if you choose this hotel, you should try to get as high as possible.

Room Tip: First floor is very noisy - get as high as possible