“nice hotel ... nice location ... for 4 star”

Relais Spa Val d'Europe
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

for me i take the ( jonure sweet ) its 46 m there r i big bed and sofa bed ... i like hotel its 5 min from disney by car .. and realy hope to come again because nice location for shopping out let ... chessy also nice city im the night ..

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Yousuf A
Write a ReviewReviews (1,612)

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Like a Couple of people have wrote I was worried about staying here after reading some recent reviews but honestly my experience was fantastic, rooms was as described if not bigger than it looked very clean and in response to a comment on here regarding not seeing a cleaner on 2 occasions we had to wait to get back in our room while it was being cleaned, spa was amazing dressing gowns on arrival great pool, breakfast again could not fault everything you could want in a great selection and helpful staff. The only negative I found was the wifi and as someone who likes to use the internet to look at places to go and Instagram I could not, but I don't feel this was enough of a negative to mark the hotel down. Transport was 5 min walk away and the 1 stop to Disney we even walked to Disney 1 day and from the front door you can see the walk Disney studios park. Very close the val d Europe shopping Mall and outlet village. Overall a great stay and would recommend and stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lennyleonard84
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Me and the girl friend stayed in the executive suit for 3nights and was amazed by the bad reviews that have been left!
Our room was spacious, clean and had a great view where we could see Disney Which was only a few minutes away by train

ALL of the staff was very polite and welcoming.
The spa facilities were outstanding and the all of the hotel was immaculate, great value for money and would go back again

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Don't waste your money going to this place. They have bed bugs they showed us 2 rooms and both were infested. The manager as went as far to say I had bought them to the building that day which I came the same day. He did not offer to clean our clothes or luggage. The manager was a tall slender man that was very rude and snarky. Steer clear of this hotel unless you like bed partners (BUGS).

Room Tip: look under the mattress and between sheets
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Gloria M
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We have just spent a long weekend in this hotel. The staff, contrary to other experiences, we're very helpful and polite. Room was clean and there was plenty of selection at the all you can eat breakfast. Hotel is just one stop on train from Disneyland and getting to Paris is easy from same station. We made our own way from Charles de Gaule using VEA shuttles. If you use this service, take the bus to The Hotel Élysées and Relais Spa is an easy walk -2mins, past the station. Also very near to the shopping centre and outlets at Val d'Europe. Super location for a short break.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Girlsonthego2014
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I am wavering here between giving the Relais 3 and 4 stars. A list of pros
* Clean;

* Well decorated, modern;

* Small kitchen with fridge, stovetop, tiniest dishwasher ever, kettle and coffee maker;

* Professional staff;

* The location for visiting Disneyland is perfect. One block away from the RER station, which is one stop to Disney. The location into the city isn't too bad either -- 12 stops to Gare de Lyon (approximately 40 minutes). Not great if you have to do it everyday, but acceptable for a holiday of both city and Disney.

* Chessy seems clean and safe, with a shopping center and a number of restaurants next to the RER station.

and cons:

* No shower in our room. I'm not kidding -- there was a bathtub and a shower head that could not possibly be used as a shower because it could only face outward, not down. No shower curtain or door. Luckily, my daughter and I could make due with the tub situation, but I can't imagine the mess we would have had if my teenage son had been with us. I was too embarrassed to tell the front desk staff that there is not a proper shower in the room because I have been at older French hotels with this tub/shower head arrangement as well, so I thought it may have been intentional.

* The breakfast in the adjoining restaurant is the worst continental breakfast I've ever had. The eggs and sausages were inedible. Do not eat here unless it is free with the room and you just want a croissant and coffee.

* The wifi was terrible. I was unable to access it for most of my stay. Come on, people. This is 2014. Wifi does not need to be so limited that your guests can not log in easily and with a consistently good connection. Wifi is more important to me, and probably many other people, than a TV set.

* Swimming pool is adults-only. My daughter was quite disappointed.

* The twin beds-on-wheels were a bit strange. They probably make for easier cleaning but may not be safe for everyone.

Overall, a nice place to stay, but find out about the shower situation if you are unable to use a bathtub.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Unter4Augen
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Booked the executive duplex room for a four night stay. The hotel seemed eerily empty with no character, distinct lack of customer interaction at reception. When we got to our room it was nothing like the pictures shown on the website. A lot smaller than the size shown on the website pictures. Cleanliness was poor did not see a cleaner once in our 4 day stay and floors very dusty and dirty. Curtains also hanging from windows!!! Took 3 requests and two days to repair. Now also watch for the promised VIP service as we were asked to pay a further 372 Euro. We did not pay this as had a total lack in confidence that the hotel could deliver this. I would like to point out that I do not normally write reviews but feel this hotel really need to up their game. Wifi very poor, asked for password and told 1 connection per room I pointed out that they had charged me for 4 adults and that at least could they provide 2 ??? This was provided for 1 night before it dropped back to 1 connection. Complimentary tea and coffee provided on arrival for 4 people with only 2 milk capsules when asked to
Provide enough milk for 4 people they told us to go down from 5th floor to the bar to ask for some ourselves!!! Very helpful and about summed up the extent of customer care we received during our stay.

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Smudger15
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chessy
1 mi away
Residence Du Parc Val d'Europe
Disney's Hotel Santa Fe
Disney's Hotel Santa Fe
#10 of 52 in Marne-la-Vallee

Been to Relais Spa Val d'Europe? Share your experiences!