... with a rude and bad restaurant. At least they were rude to me. I have a very bad experience with the restaurant in one of the evenings... but it was bad in general all the days.
I was been there in end-year 2007 without kids at that time. Only with my wife.
Now we are planning to return there soon, to same hotel with both our kids.
The hotel is big , pleasant and very nice to the eyes. Exactly was we imagine from the fairy tails. It indeed seems it was taken from a fairy tail.
As this was in Xmas season, i am willing to see how it looks like in other period of the year.... To see if the 'magic' continues in 'the air'...
I loved the hotel. The lobby, a big and nice fire place with the fire crackle on it... the big stairways to the first floor, the colors, the decoration, the big and large corridors the halls, ... very nice .
About personnel :
- The people in the main lobby and manager of the hotel i have to speak with were great and always nice.
- The hotel restaurant persons not. They are always rude, not happy , with a bad face like if you 'were owning them money' (if you understand that expression).
- the lobby general attendance was fair. It was Xmas season... lots of people coming in and out all the time... i understand they can't do miracle (in spite of the magical felling place). We had to wait several times. Everytime we need something from the lobby desks. But they had always a smile.
- the hotel restaurant: bad. very bad ! We waited a lot to be seated, we asked some particular table, they were rude, they don't want to care , they told us 'or it was that table they mentioned or we have to wait 1 hour' .... amazing and completely stupid guys ! Well, we seated were they mentioned and wait... and wait... and wait more... and ask for someone, and ask for someone... :( It was very bad and the meal was nothing special. I was not happy and the meal was not good. Probably because of their attendance too. So many people that wants to work and Disneyland Hotel have to bad people working in there ! Amazing... This is a relief..
Them we were tired of awaiting to clarify at the end of the meal if we had to pay something extra or if this goes to room bill or if we had to pay at front right now but... no one attended us. No one cares about us. So, i decided to leave the table and the restaurant ... only then and suddenly... i was blocked at the door the restaurant by one of those stupid guys (the restaurant manager at that time and day (shift) ?!) that with rude manners again told me i had to pay for the dinner ! Can you imagine that ???? Like if my intention was to run away without paying ! This is what i left. Of course the conversation with that guy was impossible... Also o was tired of so many rudeness...
I paid by CC and in next morning i asked to speak with managing.... It was a lady , she attended me well and polite way. I explained what happened and i complained about everything that happened in the restaurant last night. My feeling is that she understood but wouldn't do nothing.... What i don't understand because they must have a scheduling. They surely knew what was the people working last night and what was the shift restaurant manager during that time. Puff.... I decided to leave it was it was. She offered me a drink and many sorries and it was ended like that.
BUT i didn't forgot that part until know ! And i will not forget.
Let's see what happens next time. Next time i will be better prepared. Taking notes of names and hours. I will fill in official complains if required. They will see.
This is an expensive hotel. I was expecting much more.
A 5 ***** hotel cannot have such a situation! I had 5 ***** services in smaller places already.
The hotel rooms are normal. Nothing special. The 'magic' it's only outside. In the common areas. Not inside the rooms.
I know the hotel have a special (more expensive) wing called 'The Castle' were they have a private hotel inside Disneyland Hotel itself (private lobby with reception desk, private photos with Disney characters, private restaurant, other rooms, etc...) . So, maybe in that part of the hotel the things are better ?!?!? I wasn't there as it was a very expensive place to me.
Still, this is a very nice hotel and you must visit and stay there once. At least during Xmas it is nice.
Be prepared for the restaurant personnel rudeness and to wait ! or... go to try other restaurants or Disneyland Park itself restaurants (but i guess in most of them you have to book at front). Good luck with this part !
This hotel is situated on top of Disneyland Park entrance so, it's a excellent location to be. Everytime you need to go to your room, you are very close from it. You can enter and go out easily and very fast.
Everything else (i mean, except the restaurant and meals) i liked very much.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Glide into a magical life of luxury. Just a short stroll from the gates of the Park, this majestic Victorian-inspired Hotel delivers only the finest Disney quality, service and hospitality. And you can even enjoy up to 2 Extra Magic Hours in parts of Disneyland(R) Park on certain days. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., Booking.com, TravelUp, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Disneyland Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disneyland Hotel Paris
- Disneyland Hotel Chessy, Europe