“Stay 19.5.14 to 23.5.14. Out of this world”
Review of Disneyland Hotel

Disneyland Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Chessy
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

We are recently return from the DLH and all I can say is wow. We found everything to be perfect:
The CM who checked us in and all we subsequently met were fantastic and not the least bit snooty!
Breakfast was ample, well laid out and replenished a lot.
Our room (1212 on the 2nd floor) overlooked Salon Mickey and the turnstiles, the cleanliness was well maintained all week in public areas and our room.
The place seems amazing!
We didn't have a great time at Inventions but I will post that review separately.
I loved it so much that I rang our travel agent to upgrade our next stay in November to the DLH!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank kizzabel

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I've seen a few negative reviews on here, and I'm not exactly sure why now that we have been!

I went with my husband and my 4 year old daughter & 23 month old son.

Upon arrival there were a few people already waiting to check in so waited for a few minutes before our turn. It gave me a little while to soak in all the huge grand staircase, the smell, the atmosphere - it was truly magic! The cast member who booked us in was very swift to tell us everything we needed to know. We had booked half board, so the lady told us all what was included - a list of restaurants included in the deal would have been handy as we had no idea, so ate in the hotel every night. The food was ok, just a shame it was the same thing every night!! On the plus side, there were plenty of characters floating about during the meals which was great as we only actually saw 2 in the park the whole 5 days we were there!

Our room was exactly what we needed. People complained about the rooms needing upgraded, but ours was fine. It was clean, and had a few Disney touches - the prices of the mini bar were extortionate though so everything was left as it was when we arrived! We were missing our cot that we had ordered, but within 15 minutes, a lady had brought it up - with blue bedding too!

The beds were really comfortable, our room was cleaned every day, and my 4 year old loved having a chocolate on her pillow each night too!

The hotel literally makes up part of the park entrance so there is zero commuting and you get in 2 hours before the park opens to everyone else! Perfect time to get on the good rides before the queues start building up!

Price wise, it was actually less than another hotel we looked at, as we got a deal of 2 free nights!

All in all a fabulous long weekend. We managed to fit everything in in our 5 days though so have no plans to return. If I ever did - it would definitely be to this hotel again, I don't see how any of the others could quite compare!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Claire M
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We chose the best package options, character meals, premium half board and the best rooms we could afford. With three rooms all connected the grandchildren were in their element. Priority access to the park, outstanding breakfast buffet and excellent meals elsewhere. A very good stay that lived up to all our expectations.

Room Tip: I think they are all very good!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Andrew D
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Great hotel to stay in close to both parks,characters in hotel for kids to get pictures taken with.
Rooms clean and spacious,friendly staff.plenty of choice for kids at breakfast also has indoor pool.

Room Tip: Ground room with patio doors and garden
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 May 2014

The hotel is located right at the entrance to Disney park which obviously is fantastic when travelling with very young children . We travelled a family of four ,our two girls are 4 & 2 ,as guests of Disney hotel you get to meet the character On a regular basis , they were ever present at breakfast and dinner and always afforded the children plenty of time for photos and cuddles . The breakfast and dinner at the hotel were both buffets which meant that there was a wide variety of dishes on display to suit all taste buds . We enjoyed our stay at the hotel , it was very expensive but I think the location and access to the characters were worth it

• Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank tapnedlog
Reviewed 24 May 2014

What a great place to enjoy Disneyland Paris.We really enjoy our trips to Disney World in Florida and wanted to be sure to swing by while in Paris and experience it firsthand.

The Pros: Beautiful property, great location right at the entrance of the Disneyland Park (and next to Disney Studios), and all the Disney themes you can imagine. The shower was nice, beds comfortable and rooms lovely. The bar (Fantasia Cafe) was also fantastic - great staff, good decor and nice drinks.

The Cons: Expensive! - We purchased a flash sale through the Disneyland Paris France website (the distinction of going through the French site is important). We got a decent rate that included one night stay, two days of park hopper passes and free breakfast (both days). We would NOT have stayed at this resort for the regular price - even as DVC owners and Disney fans, it wouldn't be worth it.

The only other thing (and it isn't really a 'con') is that they put some scent in the lobby and halls of the hotel. The hallway the smell is tolerable, but in the main lobby it is overwhelming. Either a funeral home or grandma's house. I don't know. It's too much.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Just bk from a 3night/4day stay at disney with 3 adults a 4yr old & a 17month old , well hotel room... like people have said is a bit tired but that didn't stop me saying "wow" at the entrance hall or on first entering the room ! My partner was not happy with 2 plug sockets hanging off the walls in the room & I found the room very dark ! But I couldn't really fault the rest of the hotel or anything else about the room ?The hotel smells so lovely an we found staff polite. Breakfast we had at 730am and wow compared to the other disney hotels we stayed at .... No rush ... No pushing etc . In the evening the bed was turned down on arrival bk to the room with chocolate on the pillows , 2 of the nights we were in our room an the maids handed my 17month old her choc she was thrilled ! We drove (euro tunnel ) on arrival we pulled up an the staff helped unload our luggage onto a trolley an they asked if we wanted our car parked but my partner decided to park it himself so he new where it was situated , he went bk to the car on 2 occasions during the stay to collect items an the staff always acknowledged him by his name . On leaving they helped my partner reload the car boot an handed my little girl 2 bottles of water through the car window in a lovely little bag she was happy about that. My partner used the pool one eve with my 4yr old and didn't have any complaints. The hotel is so conveniently positioned an it was so lovely to just stroll bk to the hotel without having to catch a busy bus after a long day ! The beds are comfortable an the shower an bath worked great . I don't know what else to say ... Just like others I guess it's not 5* paris it's 5* disney which was great for us . We would stay here again x

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chessy
Disney's Newport Bay Club
#10 of 52 in Marne-la-Vallee
Disney's Sequoia Lodge
Disney's Hotel New York
Appart'City Confort Marne la Vallee - Val d’Europe

Been to Disneyland Hotel? Share your experiences!