“Nice Hotel, Great Location” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Disneyland Hotel

Disneyland Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Chessy
Hampshire
“Nice Hotel, Great Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

Just returned from a two night stay in the Disneyland Hotel. Although the cost is on the high side, the hotel is clean with well appointed rooms and the real bonus is being so close to the park entrance, just a few minutes from your room and you are in the park. The breakfast was very good and we got seated at a table within a few minutes of arrival. Checking in and out was quick and easy and the staff were friendly and helpful.. The kids loved seeing the characters around the hotel and the photo opportunities were well advertised so you did not miss out. Drinks in the bar were priced as expected, a glass of red wine and a pint of lager was around £14. The weather on the Saturday we stayed was wet, it rained almost all day and being able to go back to the room so easily made a real difference.

Overall an expensive hotel, but if you can pay that bit more, it certainly makes a difference.

Room Tip: We stayed in the west wing on the ground floor which gave easy access to the park and also getting t...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Woosterhants

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (373)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Let's face it, you're not staying at this hotel for it's own sake, you're there for the convenience and proximity to the parks.

And that's the best that can be said. It's not a hotel as much as it's a process to get you fed, bathed and slept in good time for the other stuff.

Pro: rooms are big and the food is abundant.
Con: food is horrid and very expensive. Service is non-existent, though ironically the staff do go through the motions of smiles and greetings.

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank FadiZ1974
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

Stayed here in Nov 2013 with my husband and kids aged 3 and 4 for the Christmas experience and was not disappointed. Quick check in even though we arrived early and received extra fast passes for each day. Room was nicely done with little classic Disney touches all around like Peter Pan carved into TV cabinet and Seven Dwarves surrounding bathroom mirror. Breakfast was good with all the characters at the entrance to restaurant every morning and there is a list of who will be there so you don't miss your favorite, they change every half hour. Location is the best with the parks on your doorstep and can easily return during the day if you need to. One day we got soaked in the rain but a quick trip back to change and we were off again. Lobby area beautifully decorated with a large Christmas tree at the staircase and by chance one day at lunchtime we came back to hotel to see a brass band on top of staircase playing Christmas Carols and it was just fabulous. Also a souvenir and gift shop in the hotel with much the same stuff as shops in the parks but without the crowds. It is expensive to stay here which is the reason I only gave 4stars but we did love it and will be returning to Disneyland Paris again this Nov and would love to stay here again. As for the parks i can't say enough, it was my third time here but the Christmas theme was amazing, it is for all ages and such fun which is why we are planning trip #4...

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Lesken11
Egham, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

Stay: 19-23 June 2014...

Only 4/5 because the price at the bar for 1 pint of beer is €8.50! Thankfully King Ludvig's pub in the Village manages a more moderate 1 Litre stein of lager for €11... anyway...

Great hotel, ideally located right on the doorstep of all 3 areas, Disneyland Park, Studios & the Village which meant the kids didn't have to trek too far after spending all day at 100 mph!..

Thankfully the attraction of gaining entry to the Park at 0800 to use a number of the smaller rides meant the kids, and us, could spend more time riding than queuing & also have enough time to find some of the quicker ways from area to area within the park, also great for photos without fellow park goers in the background. This had the additional benefit that after 0930 we could venture back to the hotel for breakfast & the kids could feel mum & dad had treated them & we could coast for the remainder of the day...

Breakfast was excellent, a buffet of European, UK & USA style foods & definitely enough to satisfy & also put away into a bag for lunch. Some people might poo-poo this act but the food in the Park/Studios/Village is pretty expensive, pre-pepared & not the best quality. Therefore, taking additional ham, cheese, mini baguettes, pastries, which are much fresher, seems to be a more responsible approach... I'm more than happy with my choice & feel no guilt.

Characters are available for photo sessions throughout the morning near the restaurants & there is a character sing-song in the lobby each day at 1600 & an after song photo sessions - bit more of a melee then a structured event!

The hotel shop often has more of particular characters if you cannot find them in the Park/Studio/Village shops...

The hotel supplies a FastPass ticket per person per day & this makes queue jumping the popular rides during the hottest parts of the day worthwhile. To be fair, we only really used it for Thunder Mountain for our 5 year old at the end of each day; both our kids are under the minimum height limit for the bigger/faster rides & we felt it would be unfair to expect them to queue while 'the adults' had their fun...

They also supply a DisneyLand Hotel charge 'card' which allows you to purchase from most places in the Park/Studio/Village straight to your room rather than continually paying out & having change in your pocket... watch out for 'Johnny No Stars' i.e. the newbie workers who have difficulty with basic maths even though they have a calculator or till!

There is also the added luxury of using the hotel pool, to cool down, have fun, lounge & generally have a break in the afternoon before plunging back into the mayhem...

The Village is great for a break, drink at the pub, watch some World Cup football & eat in the Rainforest Cafe (make sure the food's hot otherwise send it back...)

OK... to the rides & the make up of our troupe; 2 adults, a 5 year old boy who loves anything dangerous & a more conservative 7 year old girl both under 1.2 metres...

Loved:
Both- Casey Jones Jr & little cruise next to CJj, Autopia, Orbitron, Star Wars, Pocahontas play park & Pirate Beach play park, Paddle Steamer, Toy Story rides, Lilo Live, Stunt Show, Train Ride, Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast, Pirates of the Caribbean, Studio Lot Tour

Boy- Thunder Mountain & managed 8 rides (FastPass a go-go!)
Girl- Peter Pan, Pinocchio & Snow White

Lame- It's a Small World (but it was cooling after the heat of the day), Mad Hatter's Teacups, Carousel

Hated:
Both kids didn't like Crash's Coaster which was far too jerky/jumpy & the boy hated the last part of Cap't Nemo (I won't spoil it...)

Unavailable- Space Mountain, all Alladin rides

The parades are lovely to watch & the climax of each day is the final light show & fireworks against Sleeping Beauty's castle which shouldn't be missed... if the kids aren't too sleepy from their exertions!

All in all a truly great holiday, we'll be back in a few years when the kids are older & be able to ride on the larger attractions...

Room Tip: We chose a Terrace which allows rear access to the pool & patio area for sun loungers etc...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
12 Thank Euan M
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

I am not a usual traveler, because I m not good for English. I search google and find a Airport Transfer company, I found RoyalTransfer who is family owned company in Paris. They guide me how to book hotel and they do the nice service till my journey finish.

This hotel is recommend by Royal Transfer Team. Lovely place and good staff. I thank for the Royal Team and Hotel team for make me happy and not made a trouble in Disneyland.

Room Tip: No special all rooms are clean and good.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Marget J
Bangor, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Gorgeous hotel. It made the Disneyland experience even more magical. Made the park experience so much easier as we were able to come back and forward with ease. Rooms good size and clean and comfortable. The staff were very helpful. Food was great and always good range for kids. Characters cane round at dinner every night which the kids loved!

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Kimberly27
Midlands, uk
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

This is the second time I've stopped at the Disneyland hotel. The first time I rated the hotel 1 star on trip advisor. So why did I go back? Well, because there is no other real choice! Sure, you can stop at another Disney hotel further out, but for the slight gain in areas such as customer service you loose out on location!

My thoughts on this hotel are:

Firstly It's not 5 star, it may have all the criteria for a 5 star hotel but the quality of customer service & the food brings it down to a 4 star hotel at most and secondly the thing your paying for is location!

Once you get your head around these 2 points and lower your expectations then you will have a good time!

For us, this stay was much better than the last one. Our room was central (1216) it was clean, we had fresh beautiful roses, bottled water, a teddy for my son and an ok view towards the park.

We had turndown each night and our room was made up each day - no complaints there!

I guess where this hotel starts to go wrong is with breakfast. It's always hugely busy, the staff are completely run off their feet trying to keep up with the huge turnover of people, if you ask them for something then don't expect to get it, I asked for salt the one day and ended up going to hunt for some myself as the staff are just too busy and forget. The plates & cups are always dirty and the food is not great, in fact the food is pretty poor for a 5 star hotel. There's plenty of variety but the quality is awful.

The quality of customer service is pretty awful in some areas of the hotel. After we checked out we left our luggage at the hotel and went into the park. A few hours past and my son had an accident with his drink and I needed to get him changed. We headed back to the hotel and I asked to have our bag and also if it was possible to have a flannel and some soap and a place where I could quickly wash my son and get him changed. I was told that I could only have my bag and that I would have to use the public toilet for everything else. At this point we also noticed that we had forgotten to pick up our sons Mickey balloon when we checked out of our room so we asked if they could fetch it and we were told that as it was a couple of hours since we check out that it was too late and the balloon had been thrown away - that left me with a very upset baby boy! Surely they could have just organised for a replacement balloon to be brought down from the hotel shop?

The other issue we had was actually a repeat of a problem we had with the first visit and it involved the same member of staff. During our evening meal at the inventions restaurant a customer was unhappy about his bill and this member of staff actually stood in the entrance and had a huge full blown argument with the customer! Our waitress kept apologising to us until eventually she went up and asked them to move somewhere else. I completely understood that the customer was being difficult but the member of staff who was dealing with him was absolutely vile and should be struck off for his behaviour! I honestly thought he was going to hit the customer. It was not pleasant to watch for me let alone my 3 year old son. Our waitress was called Vinetta and she was great, if you get her serving you then your going to be looked after very well.

My feeling is that if you choose this hotel and are used to the 5 star standard then your going to be disappointed. Also If your thinking of stretching your budget and the cost of staying at the hotel is going to be a big deal to you then don't do it, this hotel does not offer value for money! Save your cash and spend it on your kids at the park instead.

The only thing it does offer is convenience and if you can afford to pay for that then you can't get better than this place, just don't expect much more and you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Warbe28
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chessy
Disney's Newport Bay Club
Explorers Hotel
Explorers Hotel
#2 of 8 in Magny-le-Hongre
3.5 of 5 bubbles 3,650 reviews

Been to Disneyland Hotel? Share your experiences!