If you are going to Disneyland Paris and can afford this hotel, this is really the only place to stay. We have previously stayed at The Explorers Hotel and The Dream Castle hotel - and they appeared cheaper, but when you work out what is included in your Disneyland Hotel stay, this is so worth it!
- A beautiful grand hotel
- Staff are very polite and helpful (except concierge - see in CONs below)
- We stayed half board and had breakfast included every morning with either lunch or dinner. The restaurants on-site are great; Inventions is great for the young ones as characters come round to your tables to take photos and spend a bit of time with you. Lovely!
- We got a family room, which was large and comfortable
- The swimming pool may be small, but it is indoor and a welcome break away from the hot weather outside!
- Tons of activities for the kids in the playroom
- Characters freely walk around this hotel - that's an added bonus as you wont need to queue up for them in the parks then!
- As you are walking distance away from both theme parks and the Disney Village, you dont need to queue up and take a shuttle back to your hotel at the end of a long tiring day. This was important for us as our kids; aged 4 and 2, were asleep as soon as the 11pm fireworks and Disney Dreams show finished and walking back to our room (rather than queueing and waiting for a shuttle along with hundreds of others) was a welcome treat!
- Fast passes are provided per day - useful if you like the thrill rides, not so useful for the rides that only little kids can go on as they are generally queueless - especially if you make use of the magic hours (enter the main park 2 hours before opening time).
- If you have a princess-mad little girl, book the pricey Auberge de Cendrillon lunch. It is well worth it and will make their holiday! Imagine lunch in an upmarket restaurant next to the castle within Disney and all the Disney princesses come round to talk to you, take pictures, give autographs. Amazing!
- It is pricey
- Concierge are quite unhelpful. They expect everyone to know what is on offer and what is around. Whenever i asked which restaurants i could use my half-board meal voucher for at dinner i was told to use it at Inventions and wasnt given any other options around the park. I felt they try and push their own restaurant rather than giving you the option for others. By chance we found out we could use it for the Wild West Show which was GREAT!!
- DO NOT BOOK CAFE MICKEY'S. It is a waste of money if you stay at the main hotel. The whole experience of Cafe Mickey's is to eat and have the characters come round to your table...but if you stay at the Disneyland Hotel you get this in Inventions every dinner time...dont waste money on Cafe Mickeys for the same thing!
- TV all in french. Seriously - this is Disneyland, all your visitors are going to be foreign - lets have some english universal channels please. Disney Junior in french is so not appealing to young kids who dont understand french!
- the hairdryer in the room is AWFUL!!! 5 star hotel needs better
On a side note, in this day and age, a 5 star hotel needs to be upgraded to;
- have a bigger tv
- more electrical sockets
- maybe an iPod / iPad docking station?
- USB charge points
Hopefully something to consider please Disneyland Hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Glide into a magical life of luxury. Just a short stroll from the gates of the Park, this majestic Victorian-inspired Hotel delivers only the finest Disney quality, service and hospitality. And you can even enjoy up to 2 Extra Magic Hours in parts of Disneyland(R) Park on certain days. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Booking.com, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), 5viajes2012 S.L., Priceline and Cancelon so you can book your Disneyland Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disneyland Hotel Paris
- Disneyland Hotel Chessy, Europe