“Amazing”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Chessy
Nairobi, Kenya
“Amazing”
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Just spent 2 nights at the Castle club in disneyland hotel.
The environment, employees, rooms, castle lounge are amazing and the direct lift of the Castle club to the entrance of the park is so quick! Furthermore, we benefits from the VIP unlimited fast pass for the attraction given to all Castle club members which is just great when it is crowded: did 3 times the Peter Pan flight with not even 1 minute to wait!
On addition to that, we would really like to thank Brian, the night manager of the castle club. We had a very bad first night due to awful neighbors and Brian did all he could to help us. The next morning, we had the really nice surprise to be upgraded in the best view room on the 4th floor (2404), right next to the Sleeping beauty suite. We could enjoy the Disney dream show from our window and we also got presents for our son. Thanks again for all, we will definitely come back to this wonderful place!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (403)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, England
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I'll start of by saying we love Disneyland paris and would highly recommend the experience to anyone. HOWEVER we were very disappointed by the Disneyland Hotel. This is their flagship hotel and is in the perfect location. I have stayed there years ago and remember it as a truly beautiful hotel with great staff. Unfortunately in the 9 or so years since I was last there, it has not been updates at all and the good staff have left. We paid extra for a room with a balcony, but when we arrived (after a very delayed journey) we were told out room was no longer available but they would upgrade us to a junior suite. Our room was at the furthest point from reception and when we reached it we realised no way was it a suite - it was a standard room with two almost double beds in it overlooking the recycling area. By this time all we wanted to do was to get into the park as we had a very impatient young lad with us so we left it. The room was clean and comfortable but the bathroom was the same bathroom fittings as 10 years ago,making it very dated and the room smelt damp.

We only ate in the hotel at breakfast and one night at the California Grill - the rest of our meals we had at the various very good restaurants in the park and in Disney Village (we booked these through the hotel concierge which is very handy but don't expect any advice so do your own research!) The menu at the California Grill was good, but the service was very poor. It took ages to get the attention of our waiter to get a drink never mind getting our order taken. The food was very nice but it took so long for our meal that our young son got very bored and wanted to go to bed, despite the lure of the firework display that we nearly missed.

The breakfast meals were no better. On 2 occasions i had to help myself to coffee due to lack of attention from waiting staff. We were told we could order poached eggs from the waiting staff but on one breakfast we literally saw no waiter at all. Its not that there is a lack of waiting staff - there e are plenty, but they seem demotivated and just wander around aimlessly. The selection at the buffet was very limited and the quality was poor. Above all the staff were generally rude and moody.

This is a complete contrast to the staff in the restaurants in the parks and village. They are happy and friendly. I recommend you try eating at Blue Lagoon (Disneyland Park), Bistro de Remy (Disney Studios), Rainforest Cafe (Disney Village) and definitely recommend Buffalo Bill's Wild West Experience.

Do not expect proper 5 star accommodation or service at Disneyland Hotel though - it is definitely not. The rooms need a complete refurbishment and the staff need motivating and proper training. Having said all that, I sympathise with the staff when you see how some people behave or allow their children to behave and i was saddened to learn that the characters no longer walk around the restaurants in Disneyland due to the behaviour of some children and lack of control of their parents!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank ChuckleCouple
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Arriving back to the UK from our home in Dubai we had planned to surprise our daughter and 3 young grandchildren with a trip to Euro Disney, Paris. We had been advised the 'best' hotel was the Disneyland Hotel, the only 5 star and very close to the Parks.

We arrived at the hotel about 11.45 am after disembarking from a chaotic bus transfer from the airport. We had all been up since 3am and desperate to get to our rooms to freshen up, get rid of hand luggage and change as it was much colder here than in the UK. We walked into a huge hotel crammed with millions of people, pushing, shoving, fighting their way to the front of the check in queues. When we eventually got to the front of the queue the receptionist told me our rooms were not ready until 3pm and to leave our luggage with the doorman who had taken them from us when we arrived. We hoped at least one room would be available for us, but I think we got the standard answer, as she didn't appear to check. She said we could enter the park and go around there for the next 3 plus hours.

We got back totally worn out, with a 3 year old, 5 year old and 6 year old desperate to get showered and changed and have some proper food. We were given 2 rooms the furthest walk away (and 2 lift changes) that you could imagine - about a mile away from reception (I joke not!). I thought our luggage would be in the room when we arrived but, alas, no luggage! We waited and waited. 2 hours passed, still no luggage. I got to the point where I was asking room service to check where our luggage was, I even grabbed staff in the corridor and asked them to try and find our luggage. Eventually my husband spoke to somebody on reception and they told him that it had been put into somebody else's room!! He asked to speak to the manager. The manager was quite rude and informed my husband our luggage had not gone to the wrong room. Who knows if anyone working there really knew what was going on. One staff member told me that night that the hotel staff were overworked as they had not taken on adequate numbers of staff to cope with the humungous amount of people staying in the hotel. That was immediately apparent.

I had to walk to reception to see the concierge as he did not answer the phone - remember this is about a mile from our room with 2 different lifts to get there(!) and asked him to make a restaurant reservation for us that evening. He told me all the hotel restaurants were full and we could either 1) dine at 10pm or 2) Head about 3 miles on foot through the thunder and lightening and eat at one of the very basic fast food places at the furthest point of the park. We had a premium half board package and could not have a decent meal! We were exhausted and decided to just have room service as the concierge said that was in with the HB Premium package. When we 'phoned room service they begged to differ. We had to pay the huge, full price to eat in our rooms!! Our luggage eventually arrived at about 6pm.

We decided to wander out of our rooms and turn up at one of the hotel's restaurants and ask for a table. Sure enough, off the cuff at 7pm, a table was available for us!! I was thankful to have already made a reservation for the following night and knew I had to book a restaurant for the third night - crazy!! To be fair, the restaurant and its buffet style was really good for the children. Lots of Disney characters came out to the table to meet the children and, of course, they loved it. One child has a nut allergy and the hotel seemed to cope well with this.

Breakfast time was very busy but the hotel managed to shuffle guests from various rooms as they'd fill to bursting point. Again, everything was buffet style - no way in this world 5 star but it was OK for the children.

Our rooms were a reasonable size and seemed clean but very dated. No view from the window. Mini bar prices were too high with limited and poor choice (and we live in the Middle East where we are used to high prices).

My husband took the children to the pool one afternoon before supper, but in comparison to the hotel it was tiny. It didn't take long to fill and he then left the pool.

On the second day we returned to our room to get changed. Behind the door stood 2 suitcases, not ours! Somebody had entered our room despite a 'do not disturb' sign and left other people's cases there!! It was becoming quite comedic.

Overall the hotel has a good location. There was too much going on within the hotel itself which attracts a stampede of other people; an attraction itself. The service was either dire or quite good, there was no in-between or any consistency. Breakfast and evening dining were acceptable but I would strongly recommend booking ahead in the restaurants. Of note, if you have a Premium HB package, on our final night we dined in the California Grill. My husband decided to stray from our inclusive menu for an alternative (but really tiny) starter. We were billed an additional 35 euros for it, so stick to the inclusive menu! We're used to the best of 5 star, however, if you choose this hotel be aware you will pay a 5 star price, do not expect 5 star standard.

Room Tip: Ground floor with an outdoor terrace.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
10 Thank 2000Debs
Swansea
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We decided to stay in this hotel as we were celebrating a special birthday. I have previously stayed in the Newport Bay hotel which was lovely but doesn't really compare to this hotel. The hotel has an amazing smell and the lobby looks spectacular. I'm afraid my first impression was not the best due to the poor initial welcome (We were kept waiting by our car for a while without so much as a hello) but my opinion quickly changed I'm glad to say.
We had a room on the first floor near reception, this was a surprisingly quiet area. The room was big for a standard room and there were lots of subtle hints of Disney all around. Everything was immaculate and beds very comfortable.
I loved the hotel fast past and the tea time treat was was a nice surprise.
I expected to see more characters at breakfast but dinner in Inventions more than made up for this. I thought the food was fantastic with an excellent selection at both breakfast and dinner (particularly inventions). We ate in other restaurants, Blue Lagoon, Chez Remy, Cafe Mickey and the Wild West show (defiantly worth a visit) and the food was all of a very good standard.
I love all things Disney and I have to say my experience once again was magical probably made even more so this time because of this hotel. We travelled in a party of 7, 4 adults, 3 children and we all had a great time.
Yes this hotel is pricey but it completely worth it in terms of location, standard of accommodation and overall experience.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Rinkytinky13
Scotland
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Having read a fairly mixed bag (and more recently mostly negative) of reviews we were apprehensive about staying here. However we had no issues at all. Check in was fairly smooth although took time. Our rooms were on the first floor and were clean and had all we required in them. The rooms were fairly well soundproofed as well and we could only hear kids running past or people laughing as they went by. The beds are a little on the small side and fairly hard but we coped. The kids enjoyed sharing a double bed but I think next time I would request a king bed and sofa bed room vs a room with 2 double beds. We ate in Inventions restaurant twice during our stay and the food was lovely with plenty of choice. Breakfast was busy but again plenty of food that was fresh and constantly restocked. There are no characters in the restaurant during breakfast but they are outside and every 30mins a different character appears. There is a schedule that tells you who is coming at what time. I think in Castle Club they wonder more freely around breakfast. The hotel is over priced for what it is but the proximity of it to the park is not to be underestimated and that is what you are paying for. The staff were friendly and helpful the few times we spoke to them. We had a super stay and would certainty stay here again.

Room Tip: East wing is near reception and restaurant/shop and West west wing is near pool and probably quieter...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank luxey
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

But for sure this is not a 5 stars hotel.

We took a family suite room as Castle Club prices were outrageous for 2 nights only (€6000 !!).

As title says, the location is perfect. Really worth the price to be right at the entrance of the 2 parks and this is very convenient to be able to rest in the hotel during pick hours, especially with young kids.

The hotel / room itself: hotel is getting old and remind me of old Mariott in US... It look tired: carpet, furniture...time for Disney to do some magic here! Bathroom is ok but for a 5 stars hotel they could provide to their guests normal hair dryer (my wife's comments here) instead of theses cheap units fixed to the wall... And that can be found usually in budget hotel.

Bed were fine for us and actually pretty good from our stand point.

Room was clean at our arrival but didn't seem part of the normal routine to vacuum the room on a daily... Basically they re-do the bed, empty the trash bean, change towel if on the floor but don't expect more. If you drop a cookie on the carpet on Monday you will probably still find it 2 days later...at least this is our experience.

Mini-bar: if you move something in the mini bar, it will be automatically charged...this is not reasonable and this was the first time I came across such system.

Service: not matching the level of a 5 stars hotel: took an hour for us to get the luggage in our room and thus after several call to the reception or concierge. Sounds like communication between the two is difficult even tho they are 20 meters apart. We had difficulties the first day and it was the same for our last day: took an hour for the reception to advise concierge to pick up our luggage so again I had to be the one to push in order to be able to leave on time. Concierge was pretty efficient once he got the info on hand though.

The pool: small and water a bit cold for us. However, relatively empty so we did enjoy resting on the park and make a splash between 2 and 4pm.

Overall: if it wasn't for the location, it will be a total rip off but if you do consider to spend 2 or 3 days in the park...totally worth it. Being able to go in and out the park anytime is a luxe.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Bamboulea
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Hotel and staff were brilliant, spotless hotel, swimming pool fantastic, breakfast choice was amazing, right at the park entrance. We stayed just before Christmas and the atmosphere in the hotel and park was fantastic, we had a great price which I don't think I will find again. With this hotel you get 1 free fast pass ticket each where you get to go straight to the front of the fast pass queue, no specified time, you just go when you like, we used them for the Big Thunder Mountain ride, which is one of our favourites, saved a lot of time. Excellent hotel, would recommend.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank lucypat1979
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chessy
Disney's Newport Bay Club
Disney's Hotel Cheyenne
#12 of 52 in Marne-la-Vallee
Disney's Sequoia Lodge
Residence Du Parc Val d'Europe

Been to Disneyland Hotel? Share your experiences!