“Disappointing”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Chessy
Rehovot, Israel
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

I will start my review by writing that I'll return to this hotel in the future, but for all the wrong reasons.

The only good things going for the hotel is the location, close to the park, which makes the whole Disney experiene easier to manage with small children, especially the night show. Another good point goes to the staff, which was friendly and helpful.

The bad however started at the reception, where we were told that since our room is not ready we will be upgraded to a mid-suite, warning us ahead of time that it will not have a mini bar. While keying our room keys we we were suddenly told that our room replaced once again. On arrival to this 3rd room , we discovered it's the same we one we ordrred, but a locked minibar. Very odd experience.

The room was apparently refurbished, since the wallpaper seemed new, and other rooms on the floor were being refurbished during our stay. To make it clear, this is not a 4 star standard hotel, not even in Europe. The TV was an old small CRT tube, the bathroom needed much more refurbish work and full of mildow. The safe in the room was tiny, barely able to fit just our passports. Forgrt about putting a phone, tablet or a camera in there. One of the light fixtures in the room didn't work which made the room darker.

Weirdest part was on our 2nd day we suddenly noticed we had no running water in the room! We complained to the front desk and were told someone will come by shortly. After 45 minutes tech knocked on our door and told us that here's a leak and he'll fix it soon. When we tried again an hour later the water is back. Again, out of place for a 4 star hotel.

The only good thing about the room is that it was big enough to comfortibly fit the 4 of us and 3 suitcases.

Breakfast was served buffet style, at a time slot of your selection. Variety in the buffet was very small, in fact the smallest variety during our euro trip, even compared to express 3 star hotels. All our other meals were outside Disney so can't comment on those.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Benamard

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (446)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
East Sussex, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

Recently returned from The New York at Disney and I have to say I was slightly disappointed. I've stayed at various 4 star hotels around the World and have to say the standard of the Hotel surprised me for a Disney property. My wife stayed at the Hotel 14 years ago and nothing had changed from then and is in need of updating. Our first poor experience was at check - in, when a simple request to have two beds in the room was met with a rude outburst from the receptionist. Secondly, the TV station options are very poor indeed. When our two year old fell asleep mid evening, it left us with either BBC World service or Disney UK channel, all this on a TV from the early 90's! Could they not put some other English speaking channels on. Next, the safe - It was the size of a passport, you couldn't fit anything bigger in their. In the bathroom, there was no toilet brush and a very basic tired bathroom set up. Like I said, you shouldn't expect that from a 4 star. The hotel overall was very good as was breakfast and the parks were amazing, it's just a shame the room wasn't up to scratch.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for lake view if you can.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank bond007Sussex
NOTTINGHAM
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

A great base for Disneyland. A quick 3 min walk out the back of the hotel ( past the roller rink ) and your in the the thick of it for food , shopping , cinema then the main entrance Is there. Food & drink are ridiculously pricey but I found the disney shops about the same price as at home. I read there are water fountains all around the park, we was in a party of 8 and we found 3 !! The hotel it self is a great base. The food is ok, not amazing but quite adequate . The rooms was nice but the cleaners only did a quick clean daily.
All in all I'd stay there again.

5 Thank lily939
Durham, UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Just home from a 4 night stay in the Disney New York hotel, after previously staying in the Newport bay I thought this would have been a step up. It was ok but I feel that parts need to be freshened up. The room was a reasonable size and the bathroom ok, however the shower was rubbish. Breakfast was ok, buffet style with plenty of choice, just very busy. Ate one night in the buffet restaurant and it was terrible, poor selection and not good quality considering how much they charge. My daughter accidentally knocked her drink over and the glass shattered on the table, no one came over and offered to help or to replace the drink, they just kept wandering past. I don't know if it would stay again, they are busy refurbishing the Newport bay and would probably go back there again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank ChocMammy
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

This was our first visit to Disneyland and we could not fault the service we had at the hotel. They were extremely helpful - especially as we forgot to check in at the station and leave our cases there, as well as not realising that restaurant reservations during May half-term are like gold dust if you want to eat around 7 or 7.30 pm. There were 3 adults and 2 children in our party and we had 2 adjoining rooms with a connecting door between them so it worked out really well. We asked for an extra single bed and this arrived extremely promptly. We ate at the hotel on 2 occasions and the food and service was first class. Meeting the Disney characters in the hotel was a brilliant plus point and far more relaxed that the queues at the park. The only thing I can find fault with is that the indoor swimming pool was rather cold !!! Would definitely stay at this hotel again - so convenient for the park and our rooms were definitely not 'tired' as some of the reviewers have complained about. All in all a brilliant place to stay and to enjoy Disneyland.

Room Tip: If you need adjoining rooms with inter-connecting door we stayed in 3105 and 3107 on the third floor...
7 Thank Sanpete314
Peterborough, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for half term this May and was pleased with the size and grandeur of this stunning hotel, with just a walk away from the disney village this was ideal for my family.
However it is slightly out-dated in places and the restaurants are definately not 4 star as advertised. I would advise eating in the village if you can afford to as the food quality is not that good from this hotel, I definately wouldn't recommend using your food vouchers here, I payed Lot of money for half board plus vouchers yet got a very second class service with a second class menu, the waiter service is also shabby in the manhatten restaurant and the buffet food in the park side restaurant is absolutely foul. So I advise saving your money for restaurant in the disney village (but make sure you book in advance)
For a 4 star hotel it also suprised me that no free hot drinks were available in the hotel rooms and the tv's are about as old as my great grandads with a choice of bbc world news or a cartoon channel. The rest are french.
You may also find that the air con doesnt work too so prepare for very hot nights.
Perfect location with stunning views but thats about it.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Nick L
Tamworth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

I can't speak for any of the other reviews about this hotel, all I can tell you we loved it. We stayed here during May half term week stayed 4 nights Monday to Thursday and had an amazing time. The room admittedly was a little tired but was clean and comfortable. We had a Plaza room overlooking the Ice rink and Lake it was very pleasant. On arrival we found as we did all week the staff very helpful and friendly. We had the half board option and ate at the hotel most nights as we enjoyed it there but there are lots of options if you want variation. Tip though we wasn't aware you need to book them. If you want to eat at the Cafe Mickey you also need to book this and I would advise you do this before arrival as like us you will find it fully booked for your stay as this is the best place to meet the characters while eating. We also had a character every day in the hotel during breakfast time. The parks were great and only a short walk from our hotel, I have to say I'm not sure I would have fancied the longer walk back to some of the hotels after a long day on my feet. There was a parade every day at around half five and the Disney dreams show at 11pm every night at the castle was something special. My five year old son told me they were totally cool and awesome and these were his favourite bits. The rides were good a lot of variation for people who like fast rides to those who don't and the little ones for younger children. One or two were closed and a few broke down at times but they usually had them fixed fairly quick. I can only think the negative reviews are people comparing it USA or other 4 star hotels. I will admit I have stayed in Better 4 star hotels but there is nothing wrong with this one. We would definitely go back to this hotel and resort again, in fact we are probably going to go the same time next year and if we save the pennies we may book the Disney hotel just to try it, but if not we will just book this one again. One more thing the if you are using the a Disney airport shuttle be aware you will be the last drop. The transfer was half an hour but then it was another 25 mins dropping everyone else of first. I asked at reception and was told it was around 80 Euros for a taxi if anyone is interested.

4 Thank Martin W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chessy
Disneyland Hotel
Explorers Hotel
Explorers Hotel
#2 of 8 in Magny-le-Hongre
3.5 of 5 bubbles 3,705 reviews

Been to Disney's Hotel New York? Share your experiences!