I will start my review by writing that I'll return to this hotel in the future, but for all the wrong reasons.
The only good things going for the hotel is the location, close to the park, which makes the whole Disney experiene easier to manage with small children, especially the night show. Another good point goes to the staff, which was friendly and helpful.
The bad however started at the reception, where we were told that since our room is not ready we will be upgraded to a mid-suite, warning us ahead of time that it will not have a mini bar. While keying our room keys we we were suddenly told that our room replaced once again. On arrival to this 3rd room , we discovered it's the same we one we ordrred, but a locked minibar. Very odd experience.
The room was apparently refurbished, since the wallpaper seemed new, and other rooms on the floor were being refurbished during our stay. To make it clear, this is not a 4 star standard hotel, not even in Europe. The TV was an old small CRT tube, the bathroom needed much more refurbish work and full of mildow. The safe in the room was tiny, barely able to fit just our passports. Forgrt about putting a phone, tablet or a camera in there. One of the light fixtures in the room didn't work which made the room darker.
Weirdest part was on our 2nd day we suddenly noticed we had no running water in the room! We complained to the front desk and were told someone will come by shortly. After 45 minutes tech knocked on our door and told us that here's a leak and he'll fix it soon. When we tried again an hour later the water is back. Again, out of place for a 4 star hotel.
The only good thing about the room is that it was big enough to comfortibly fit the 4 of us and 3 suitcases.
Breakfast was served buffet style, at a time slot of your selection. Variety in the buffet was very small, in fact the smallest variety during our euro trip, even compared to express 3 star hotels. All our other meals were outside Disney so can't comment on those.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax amid soaring skyscrapers, spacious rooms and our biggest pool at this New York-style 4-stars Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotels.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Disney's Hotel New York reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disneys New York
- Disney Hotel New York
- Disneyland Paris Hotel New York
- Disneys Marne La Vallée
- Hotel New York Paris
- Disneys Hotel New York
- Disney's Hotel New York Chessy, Europe