“Where is the magic of Disney”

Disney's Hotel New York
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Chessy
London, United Kingdom
“Where is the magic of Disney”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

The New York at Disney I was slightly disappointed! Shouldn't call them self four star the standards of the rooms where poor for a Disney property.

After walking out of station confused to which way to go as there wasn't any signs to say hotels etc or any boards so asked few people five min walk took 30 mins to find , got to check - in was slow rooms where connecting rooms which we didn't want but we dealt with that, bathrooms where old and need re-grouting. TV's are from the 80s with hardly any station options of English speaking channels got bit boring in the evening when the kids are sleeping.
Breakfast area first day seemed really good, 2nd day I couldn't help noticing small flys on some of the cakes etc and tables being sticky, I made it clear to staff that wasn't good enough so day after was much better.

On a good note overall I would stay at the hotel again if I have my kids with me as it's very close to everything and it helps to get back quickly after fireworks display.
the parks were amazing, staff was very pleasant, even had a fridge service at main desk where we kept our sons milk etc could had done with small fridge in family rooms tho.
The hotel just needs to find its magic it's bit dull only thing for the kids was the morning surprise of seeing the disney characters on route to breakfast.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank B S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (447)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Lanarkshire,Scotland.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

Stayed here four four nights and had a great time. Hotel is ideally situated for walking to attractions. Huge lake just outside hotel with ducks, swans and fish which my grandson aged 3 loved. Good breakfast with a reasonable choice including cooked if required. A couple of minutes and you are into Disney Village which was a hit with my Grandson. Pool area very good, not crowded at all. Staff very helpful and room was very clean. Recommended.

2 Thank E.Clements
Norfolk
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

I stayed here from 16th to 20th June with my son, daughter in law and 2 grandsons of 7, and 9 years old in July. We traveled by Eurostar from St Pancras. We choose to pay for Disney Express, which was well worth the money. Straight into the Park from the Rail Station and left luggage at Hotel to be taken to the Disney Express Counter at station on leaving on the Friday. I had booked the evening meals in UK. Will review them on the pages concerned.

New York Hotel was great for us we had a connecting doors from our rooms the boys could come into my room easily and not have to go out into the corridor. We were on 3rd floor rooms 3171 and 3173. My room and the bed was huge and we had plaza rooms. We had to use the lifts and we never had any problems but there are lifts at each end of the Hotel. I could see when the lift reached the floors so maybe it was the other lifts.

Staff were brilliant and helped whenever we asked any questions or needed anything. I do believe that it is how you speak to people and I had ago at my pigeon french much to the embarrasement of my family!!!

Breakfast we went into the first room we came to on our first morning and it was very dark and low tables. It was the New York City Bar. Next morning we went into the Manhattan and the next day we ate in the Parkside Diner. The Parkside Diner was noisy and we preferred the Manhattan. Yes there is a wait but it was never more than 5 mins and the breakfast was always continually topped up so plenty was available. We ate quite late on the last morning again the Staff were lovely.

I had read all the trip advisor reviews before we went and I do agree that there was paint off a corner of my wall and the voile curtain came off the rail but how many children have stayed here. It is not a 4 star Hotel for adults.

Why were visitors paying for water or was that just a one off there are so many water fountains and we just filled them up all the time.

We all had a Magical time and I will happily answer any questions asked of me.

Room Tip: Plaza rooms are worth the extra cash. 3rd Floor was a great location
6 Thank lovestotravelNorfolk
Redcar, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel a few years ago without any problems! However this time full of problems. We booked two connecting rooms with two double beds in each. The first night we were given two connecting rooms neither with two double beds one if the rooms came with only a camp bed in so they moved us. We were then given a room in a totally different side of the hotel! Next night we were moved to two rooms with double beds in rack next to each other no sir conditioning! So yet another room a suite and a connecting room with a large bed in the other room but we had no hot water so we gave up as we were only there for four nights in that time we had had three different rooms! Breakfast was good and a very nice bar. The hotel us in an excellent position. But maintenance work is essential. So disappointing.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank carole5326
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel for 4 nights between 12 June to 16 June - it was for my son 4th birthday. Arrived with VEA transfer from CDG which was easy enough. Our bags were being picked up checked in was easy (be it lots of different paper tickets were issued as we were on full board so had to be careful in case we lose any of them). On arriving our room we found Sulley monster and a bunch of colourful balloons on our bed with a happy birthday message. A really nice touch and two happy boys.

Ok the room is a bit dated and not as grand as some others. But the room is spacious and clean. Staff was nice. Breakfast was good plenty of hot and cold food to choose from (go before 9am). Swimming pool was nice and big and water is warm, perfect for children shame we only managed to go there once.

Location is great 5 mins from village and further 5 from the parks. Food is very expensive which makes full board a worthwhile investment we really didnt have to spend any extra on food/drink except paid extra for the wild west show which was good (watch out if u suffer from pet allergy though).

If u can go to Cafe Mickey for early dinner before 8. We had plenty of photos with the characters. Already did the character breakfast at cafe mickey which was hectic and the dinner is definitely much better. Other restaurant we would definitely recommend is the steakhouse. Walts is very posh so if ur kids are over tired and over active like ours perhaps avoid.

Dream show at night was a must although it is very late during summer time.

All in all a great holiday and would go back again :)

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Vivien H
Dublin Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here a couple of yrs back for guy Fawkes. It's a nice hotel n had bn decorated in preparation for Xmas which added to it imo. The pool outside is an ice rink in wintertime n the fireworks were right outside n d best I've ever seen! Breakfast was good n plentiful, filled up everyone til late afternoon but u must go v early to avoid queues! Rooms are nice enuf but needed more English channels on tv. Location is perfect n wud defo stay again but it's a bit overpriced for what u get. Characters r seen regularly in hotel n happy to pose for pics with the children. Eurodisney is a truly magical place n dinner in the character restaurant next door is a must....love to go again

• Stayed November 2013
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

We arrived via TGV from Marseille - so the hotel is still quite a distance from the station (abt 10 minutes of leisurely walk through disney village).

Very nice, clean and spacious room with ample amenities in the bathroom. Managed to get 2 interconnecting rooms for my family of 6.

Breakfast was excellent - as both parkside diner and manhattan was open for breakfast, getting a place was easy even for 6 person. Very good selection of items (both hot and cold). Did not see any characters in the restaurants during my 3 day stay there.

Dinner was included in our package at parkside diner - adequate selection of items with pretty decent food quality.

Front desk staff friendly and helpful, Checking in was fast and room was available even before 3pm (i guess its probably due to off peak season)

Lift however is painfully slow! with no indicators of which floor the lift is currently at.

For those who want to have less walking, Disneyland hotel will be a better choice

Overall a very good experience and will not hesitate to stay in this hotel again

Room Tip: I don;t think its worth paying $100 extra for the plaza view room as you will be spending most of th...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chessy
Disneyland Hotel
Explorers Hotel
Explorers Hotel
#2 of 8 in Magny-le-Hongre
3.5 of 5 bubbles 3,720 reviews

Been to Disney's Hotel New York? Share your experiences!