“Amazing stay! Definitely going back to this hotel.”

Disney's Hotel New York
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Chessy
Reviewed 25 June 2014

+ Room (SO SO SO spacious. It felt like we were given a suite. I do feel that our travel agent had something to do with this. I've read about and seen other rooms, and they were nowhere near as big as the one we were given.)
+ Bed (Perfect in every way. I'm a person that loves to take up loads of space while sleeping. My boyfriend didn't complain once about me taking up too much space, which means the bed must've been huge. We both slept like babies and wished we could take the bed home.)
+ Bathroom (Again, spacious. Loved the decoration. This was the place where we noticed the most that the hotel needs its refurb, but we didn't mind.)
+ Location (They say it's a 15-minute walk to the parks, but we honestly never took that long to get to the parks. It might be different if you've got small children tagging along though, but we managed to get to the main entrance of Disneyland in under ten minutes.)
+ Car Park (Loved how the spots were numbered. This is the best way to not lose your car.)
+ Lobby & hotel halls (Lobby with a view of Lake Disney, just magnificent! I loved the themed halls, the one with the basketball court feel was the best in my opinion.)
+/- Breakfast (We had two types of breakfast. The one held in the convention center -> definitely enough space. I personally didn't feel like there was enough variety, definitely not in the fruit/yogurt section. I might just be really picky about my breakfasts, so if you're easy, you won't be having any troubles there.
The one held in the hotel bar/pub/cafe -> felt cramped. Choices were narrowed down some more, and the tables were a nightmare. It was a setup of small coffee tables and big chairs, which wasn't ideal for breakfast.)

Room Tip: Ask for a room on ground level, with a view of the little gardens. These rooms are a bit more spacio...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank megrohlsta

Reviewed 25 June 2014

The New York at Disney I was slightly disappointed! Shouldn't call them self four star the standards of the rooms where poor for a Disney property.

After walking out of station confused to which way to go as there wasn't any signs to say hotels etc or any boards so asked few people five min walk took 30 mins to find , got to check - in was slow rooms where connecting rooms which we didn't want but we dealt with that, bathrooms where old and need re-grouting. TV's are from the 80s with hardly any station options of English speaking channels got bit boring in the evening when the kids are sleeping.
Breakfast area first day seemed really good, 2nd day I couldn't help noticing small flys on some of the cakes etc and tables being sticky, I made it clear to staff that wasn't good enough so day after was much better.

On a good note overall I would stay at the hotel again if I have my kids with me as it's very close to everything and it helps to get back quickly after fireworks display.
the parks were amazing, staff was very pleasant, even had a fridge service at main desk where we kept our sons milk etc could had done with small fridge in family rooms tho.
The hotel just needs to find its magic it's bit dull only thing for the kids was the morning surprise of seeing the disney characters on route to breakfast.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank B S
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Stayed here four four nights and had a great time. Hotel is ideally situated for walking to attractions. Huge lake just outside hotel with ducks, swans and fish which my grandson aged 3 loved. Good breakfast with a reasonable choice including cooked if required. A couple of minutes and you are into Disney Village which was a hit with my Grandson. Pool area very good, not crowded at all. Staff very helpful and room was very clean. Recommended.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank E.Clements
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I stayed here from 16th to 20th June with my son, daughter in law and 2 grandsons of 7, and 9 years old in July. We traveled by Eurostar from St Pancras. We choose to pay for Disney Express, which was well worth the money. Straight into the Park from the Rail Station and left luggage at Hotel to be taken to the Disney Express Counter at station on leaving on the Friday. I had booked the evening meals in UK. Will review them on the pages concerned.

New York Hotel was great for us we had a connecting doors from our rooms the boys could come into my room easily and not have to go out into the corridor. We were on 3rd floor rooms 3171 and 3173. My room and the bed was huge and we had plaza rooms. We had to use the lifts and we never had any problems but there are lifts at each end of the Hotel. I could see when the lift reached the floors so maybe it was the other lifts.

Staff were brilliant and helped whenever we asked any questions or needed anything. I do believe that it is how you speak to people and I had ago at my pigeon french much to the embarrasement of my family!!!

Breakfast we went into the first room we came to on our first morning and it was very dark and low tables. It was the New York City Bar. Next morning we went into the Manhattan and the next day we ate in the Parkside Diner. The Parkside Diner was noisy and we preferred the Manhattan. Yes there is a wait but it was never more than 5 mins and the breakfast was always continually topped up so plenty was available. We ate quite late on the last morning again the Staff were lovely.

I had read all the trip advisor reviews before we went and I do agree that there was paint off a corner of my wall and the voile curtain came off the rail but how many children have stayed here. It is not a 4 star Hotel for adults.

Why were visitors paying for water or was that just a one off there are so many water fountains and we just filled them up all the time.

We all had a Magical time and I will happily answer any questions asked of me.

Room Tip: Plaza rooms are worth the extra cash. 3rd Floor was a great location
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank lovestotravelNorfolk
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel a few years ago without any problems! However this time full of problems. We booked two connecting rooms with two double beds in each. The first night we were given two connecting rooms neither with two double beds one if the rooms came with only a camp bed in so they moved us. We were then given a room in a totally different side of the hotel! Next night we were moved to two rooms with double beds in rack next to each other no sir conditioning! So yet another room a suite and a connecting room with a large bed in the other room but we had no hot water so we gave up as we were only there for four nights in that time we had had three different rooms! Breakfast was good and a very nice bar. The hotel us in an excellent position. But maintenance work is essential. So disappointing.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank carole5326
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel for 4 nights between 12 June to 16 June - it was for my son 4th birthday. Arrived with VEA transfer from CDG which was easy enough. Our bags were being picked up checked in was easy (be it lots of different paper tickets were issued as we were on full board so had to be careful in case we lose any of them). On arriving our room we found Sulley monster and a bunch of colourful balloons on our bed with a happy birthday message. A really nice touch and two happy boys.

Ok the room is a bit dated and not as grand as some others. But the room is spacious and clean. Staff was nice. Breakfast was good plenty of hot and cold food to choose from (go before 9am). Swimming pool was nice and big and water is warm, perfect for children shame we only managed to go there once.

Location is great 5 mins from village and further 5 from the parks. Food is very expensive which makes full board a worthwhile investment we really didnt have to spend any extra on food/drink except paid extra for the wild west show which was good (watch out if u suffer from pet allergy though).

If u can go to Cafe Mickey for early dinner before 8. We had plenty of photos with the characters. Already did the character breakfast at cafe mickey which was hectic and the dinner is definitely much better. Other restaurant we would definitely recommend is the steakhouse. Walts is very posh so if ur kids are over tired and over active like ours perhaps avoid.

Dream show at night was a must although it is very late during summer time.

All in all a great holiday and would go back again :)

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Vivien H
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here a couple of yrs back for guy Fawkes. It's a nice hotel n had bn decorated in preparation for Xmas which added to it imo. The pool outside is an ice rink in wintertime n the fireworks were right outside n d best I've ever seen! Breakfast was good n plentiful, filled up everyone til late afternoon but u must go v early to avoid queues! Rooms are nice enuf but needed more English channels on tv. Location is perfect n wud defo stay again but it's a bit overpriced for what u get. Characters r seen regularly in hotel n happy to pose for pics with the children. Eurodisney is a truly magical place n dinner in the character restaurant next door is a must....love to go again

• Stayed: November 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chessy
Disneyland Hotel
#9 of 52 in Marne-la-Vallee
Explorers Hotel
Explorers Hotel
#2 of 8 in Magny-le-Hongre

Been to Disney's Hotel New York? Share your experiences!