“Family Holiday”

Disney's Hotel New York
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Chessy
“Family Holiday”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We travelled via Eurostar, got on the express bus to the hotel, when we got to the hotel there was no announcement to say what hotel it was so we had to rely on other passengers to know what stop we were on.
When we checked in reception was excellent in explaining everything to us and no question was too much.
The air conditioner wasn't working and it was no trouble to move us and our luggage.
We found it great to have a swimming pool as it was good way for all of us to chill and then head back to the park,
Breakfast was included and was ok. Found most place to eat very expensive and very little healthy options.

2 Thank Hiphopfun

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (457)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Buxton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel during our 'girls go to Disney' break last week. the hotel was everything we had hoped. Highlights, the helpful staff, amazing porters we never touched our cases once during our stay, spacious room and bathroom, great facilities and location. Being able to walk with ease to the Disney Village and parks was very good. The swimming pool was fabulous especially with the hot weather. Would highly recommend this hotel. Only slight problem was the lack of space for breakfast, we often had to queue for a table even at 8am! We chose the half board plus option which was great value and gave us the choice of lots of restaurants as well as the hotel. We didn't eat in the hotel apart from breakfast. Would stay here again without a doubt.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank 655Pam
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 June 2014

After reading many mixed reviews about this hotel and Disney Land Paris we were a bit worried about our trip. From the moment we arrived to the moment we left we could not have had a better time. The hotel was excellent. We had read that the rooms were dated with old TVs etc. the rooms may be a few years old but have been maintained well and are very clean, TVs are a bit old but we hardly had time to watch TV so no problem there. If we had a small criticism it would be that there was no coffee making facility in the room. We had adjoining rooms which was ideal for our family trip.
We had the half board option which gave us buffet breakfast and a choice of buffet or sit down dining in the hotel restaurant or several of the Disney resort restaurants. We just used the hotel buffet for convenience, (we had young children with us). The food was very good and we never had to wait more than a few minutes for a table. You receive vouchers when you arrive and you produce these for each meal. We also received extra vouchers for a soft drink and cake to use in the park during the day. After a big breakfast, coffee and cake and big dinner in the evening we never felt hungry. We have been to Florida many times and would probably have booked there this time if the grandchildren had been a bit older but Paris was a nice surprise, it’s not as big and has less choice but is great for a few days and probably better suited for young children than Florida.
The meet and greet in the hotel lobby was great and saved loads of time in the park, the kids met Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy and Pluto and never had to wait more than a few minutes. There was an official photographer most of the time but they were never pushy and it was never a problem taking our own photographs and video.
The staff at the hotel get 10 out of 10 for being friendly and helpful as do all the staff in the parks. We tried our best to speak a little French but every member of staff we spoke to spoke excellent English.
We never ate outside the hotel but we thought food and drink prices in Disney and the Disney village were not as bad as had been described in some reviews, yes its more expensive than Florida but no more than you would pay in any other European resort. In the village there were several options, McDonalds, Earl of Sandwich etc. all with prices around the 10-15 Euros for a meal. Its junk food but your only there a few days.
The parks were an easy 10 minute walk from the hotel through the Disney village so we never needed any transport and that was with a 2 year old and a four year old.
Would we go back? Yes if were just planning a few days and the children were still young.

Forgot to mention that Air France were excellent and our private shuttle was also excellent.
And one last comment for the park, please sort out the queue times for some of the rides, we stood in queues for much longer than was indicated at the start.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor and it was nice and peaceful, request adjoining rooms when you book if y...
9 Thank PaulL225
Aartrijke, Belgium
Reviewed 25 June 2014

+ Room (SO SO SO spacious. It felt like we were given a suite. I do feel that our travel agent had something to do with this. I've read about and seen other rooms, and they were nowhere near as big as the one we were given.)
+ Bed (Perfect in every way. I'm a person that loves to take up loads of space while sleeping. My boyfriend didn't complain once about me taking up too much space, which means the bed must've been huge. We both slept like babies and wished we could take the bed home.)
+ Bathroom (Again, spacious. Loved the decoration. This was the place where we noticed the most that the hotel needs its refurb, but we didn't mind.)
+ Location (They say it's a 15-minute walk to the parks, but we honestly never took that long to get to the parks. It might be different if you've got small children tagging along though, but we managed to get to the main entrance of Disneyland in under ten minutes.)
+ Car Park (Loved how the spots were numbered. This is the best way to not lose your car.)
+ Lobby & hotel halls (Lobby with a view of Lake Disney, just magnificent! I loved the themed halls, the one with the basketball court feel was the best in my opinion.)
+/- Breakfast (We had two types of breakfast. The one held in the convention center -> definitely enough space. I personally didn't feel like there was enough variety, definitely not in the fruit/yogurt section. I might just be really picky about my breakfasts, so if you're easy, you won't be having any troubles there.
The one held in the hotel bar/pub/cafe -> felt cramped. Choices were narrowed down some more, and the tables were a nightmare. It was a setup of small coffee tables and big chairs, which wasn't ideal for breakfast.)

Room Tip: Ask for a room on ground level, with a view of the little gardens. These rooms are a bit more spacio...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank megrohlsta
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

The New York at Disney I was slightly disappointed! Shouldn't call them self four star the standards of the rooms where poor for a Disney property.

After walking out of station confused to which way to go as there wasn't any signs to say hotels etc or any boards so asked few people five min walk took 30 mins to find , got to check - in was slow rooms where connecting rooms which we didn't want but we dealt with that, bathrooms where old and need re-grouting. TV's are from the 80s with hardly any station options of English speaking channels got bit boring in the evening when the kids are sleeping.
Breakfast area first day seemed really good, 2nd day I couldn't help noticing small flys on some of the cakes etc and tables being sticky, I made it clear to staff that wasn't good enough so day after was much better.

On a good note overall I would stay at the hotel again if I have my kids with me as it's very close to everything and it helps to get back quickly after fireworks display.
the parks were amazing, staff was very pleasant, even had a fridge service at main desk where we kept our sons milk etc could had done with small fridge in family rooms tho.
The hotel just needs to find its magic it's bit dull only thing for the kids was the morning surprise of seeing the disney characters on route to breakfast.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank B S
Lanarkshire,Scotland.
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Stayed here four four nights and had a great time. Hotel is ideally situated for walking to attractions. Huge lake just outside hotel with ducks, swans and fish which my grandson aged 3 loved. Good breakfast with a reasonable choice including cooked if required. A couple of minutes and you are into Disney Village which was a hit with my Grandson. Pool area very good, not crowded at all. Staff very helpful and room was very clean. Recommended.

2 Thank E.Clements
Norfolk
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I stayed here from 16th to 20th June with my son, daughter in law and 2 grandsons of 7, and 9 years old in July. We traveled by Eurostar from St Pancras. We choose to pay for Disney Express, which was well worth the money. Straight into the Park from the Rail Station and left luggage at Hotel to be taken to the Disney Express Counter at station on leaving on the Friday. I had booked the evening meals in UK. Will review them on the pages concerned.

New York Hotel was great for us we had a connecting doors from our rooms the boys could come into my room easily and not have to go out into the corridor. We were on 3rd floor rooms 3171 and 3173. My room and the bed was huge and we had plaza rooms. We had to use the lifts and we never had any problems but there are lifts at each end of the Hotel. I could see when the lift reached the floors so maybe it was the other lifts.

Staff were brilliant and helped whenever we asked any questions or needed anything. I do believe that it is how you speak to people and I had ago at my pigeon french much to the embarrasement of my family!!!

Breakfast we went into the first room we came to on our first morning and it was very dark and low tables. It was the New York City Bar. Next morning we went into the Manhattan and the next day we ate in the Parkside Diner. The Parkside Diner was noisy and we preferred the Manhattan. Yes there is a wait but it was never more than 5 mins and the breakfast was always continually topped up so plenty was available. We ate quite late on the last morning again the Staff were lovely.

I had read all the trip advisor reviews before we went and I do agree that there was paint off a corner of my wall and the voile curtain came off the rail but how many children have stayed here. It is not a 4 star Hotel for adults.

Why were visitors paying for water or was that just a one off there are so many water fountains and we just filled them up all the time.

We all had a Magical time and I will happily answer any questions asked of me.

Room Tip: Plaza rooms are worth the extra cash. 3rd Floor was a great location
6 Thank lovestotravelNorfolk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chessy
Disneyland Hotel
Disney's Hotel Cheyenne
Disney's Hotel Cheyenne
#12 of 52 in Marne-la-Vallee
Residence Du Parc Val d'Europe

Been to Disney's Hotel New York? Share your experiences!